PDA

View Full Version : Y'all just get money ...

exwinger
01-26-2017, 03:21 PM
They come up with new enticements daily.

BMW LOTTERY DEPARTMENT
5070 WILSHIRE BLVD
LOS ANGELES. CA 90036
UNITED STATES OF AMERICA.
EMAIL: lottorybmw@gmail.com

NOTE: If you received this message in your SPAM/BULK folder, that is because of the restrictions implemented by your Internet Service Provider, we (BMW) urge you to treat it genuinely.
Dear Winner,
This is to inform you that you have been selected for a prize of a brand new 2016/2017 Model BMW 5 Series Car and a Check of $1,500,000.00 USD from the international balloting programs held on the 2nd section in the UNITED STATE OF AMERICA.
Description of prize vehicle;
Model: 530iA Color (exterior): Metallic Silver Mileage: 5 Transmission: Automatic 6 Speed
Options: Cold weather package, premium package, fold down rear seats w/ski bag, am fm stereo with single in dash compact disc player.

The selection process was carried out through random selection in our computerized email selection system (ESS) from a database of over 250,000 email addresses drawn from all the continents of the world which you were selected.
The BMW Lottery is approved by the British Gaming Board and also Licensed by the International Association of Gaming Regulators (IAGR). To begin the processing of your prize you are to contact our fiduciary claims department for more information as regards procedures to the claim of your prize.

Name: Mr. Mike James
Email: lottorybmw@gmail.com

Contact him by providing him with your secret pin code Number
BMW:255125HGDY03/23.

You are also advised to provide him with the under listed information as soon as possible:
1. Name In Full :
2. Residential Address :
3. Nationality :
4. Age :
5. Sex
6. Occupation :
7. Direct Phone :
8. Present Country :
9. Email address :
10. pin code Number BMW:255125HGDY03/23

Please you are to provide him with the above listed details as soon as possible so he can begin with the processing of your prize winnings.
Congratulations again from all our staff and thank you for being part of our promotional program.
Mrs. Susan Benjamin.

THE DIRECTOR PROMOTIONS
BMW LOTTERY DEPARTMENT
UNITED STATES OF AMERICA

DISCLAIMER: -

The information in this email is confidential and may be legally privileged. It is intended solely for the addressee.Access to this email by anyone else is unauthorized. If you are
not intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on it, is prohibited and may be unlawful.
This e-mail may contain viruses or other malicious code. Subros has taken reasonable precautions to minimize this risk, but is not liable for any damage you may sustain as a result of this e-
mail. You should carry out your own virus checks and/or other precautions/controls before opening the e-mail or attachment.
Subros reserves the right to monitor and review the content of all messages sent to or from this e-mail address. Messages sent to or from this e-mail
address may be stored on the Subros e-mail system. The opinion expressed in this mail is that of the sender and does not necessarily reflect that of the Subros Ltd.

Saluda
01-26-2017, 03:37 PM
The elderly are really getting slammed with these. Phone calls and letters too.

ARtraveler
01-26-2017, 04:00 PM
A phishing expedition at best. I am betting there is no BMW plus a large check as a prize. Those that answer are probably going to find they are a finalist and will be asked for their account information so the check can be directly deposited. I am very skeptical. :thumbup:

cuznjohn
01-26-2017, 04:25 PM
hey! i didn't get that one

Bob Denman
01-26-2017, 05:56 PM
:D I'll tell my Nigerian Prince to forward one of them to you... :thumbup:

By the way: did anyone email them back, and ask how to fill out the form, if you can't give out a physical address or phone number?
(The witness protection folks get wigged-out when you do! :D)

Peter Aawen
01-26-2017, 06:32 PM
Gotta be phishing, or maybe just a Virus Delivery email :shocked:

Isn't it a shame that these days even our computers hafta be careful to avoid catching VD! :yikes:

(Btw Bob, I wouldn't recommend responding in ANY way - all that does is confirm to them that they've hit a live one; effectively inviting them to spam you with S**TLOADS more of their crap!!)

Bob Denman
01-26-2017, 06:34 PM
:agree: It seems that you just can't get do anything; without wearing a condom, or ear-muffs...
(So you don't catch hearing aides! :D)

cptjam
01-27-2017, 02:19 AM
I was called by the us treasury! The guy said I won 9300 dollars in a free grant! I said Great! Send it! Bye!
Still waiting on the check. Might be a scam!

Chupaca
01-27-2017, 09:54 AM
They are getting creative...They would be more successful it they were more realistic...use a figure that would be more believable. But hey, it must be working or they would stop doing it....:banghead:

Bob Denman
01-27-2017, 10:10 AM
(Btw Bob, I wouldn't recommend responding in ANY way - all that does is confirm to them that they've hit a live one; effectively inviting them to spam you with S**TLOADS more of their crap!!)

:D I actually keep a second email address on an old laptop computer, that his kept completely bare...
I bought it used on EBay, and stripped every program out of it except my anti-viral software, and what I need to get the internet up and running (for email only! :thumbup:
It doesn't even have any wireless capabilities....

pitzerwm
01-29-2017, 03:17 AM
Always note the email for the reply, gmail??? Seriously. Also, if you are using Outlook for your mail, you can run your cursor over any link to see what the URL really is. If the link is anything but

name of the company.com its probably fake. You will see something like http://us.bmw.com or bmw.something.com

Diamond Dave
01-29-2017, 08:53 AM
All that info is enough to get a passport so someone could operate in another country or come here.