PDA

View Full Version : Hi from a Newbie

jmskazoo
04-12-2009, 07:16 AM
Hi folks, I started lurking around this thread over the last few days and thought I'd say Hi. Seems like a nice bunch of people.

I don't have a Spyder; haven't even ridden one ... yet. Now my interest is peaked.

I ride a Yamaha TMax, but the Spyder sure looks interesting. I live near BC, MI and will likely visit Leaders in Kazoo. Any words of advice?

Lamonster
04-12-2009, 07:19 AM
I ride a Yamaha TMax, but the Spyder sure looks interesting. I live near BC, MI and will likely visit Leaders in Kazoo. Any words of advice?

Yea, bring your checkbook. :D

welcome

jmskazoo
04-12-2009, 07:22 AM
:D

Bersquack
04-12-2009, 07:40 AM
welcome If you try it, you buy it! That's what happened to me and I don't regret it.

NancysToy
04-12-2009, 07:50 AM
See Matt VanDam at Leaders and he will take care of you. That's where we got our Spyder. PM me and we can connect. I am also in Battle Creek.
-Scotty

jmskazoo
04-12-2009, 08:06 AM
See Matt VanDam at Leaders and he will take care of you. That's where we got our Spyder. PM me and we can connect. I am also in Battle Creek.
-Scotty
Will do.

dltang
04-12-2009, 08:08 AM
welcome Have fun and hope you get a spyder. Even if you don't, check out the Michigan Forum here for some upcoming rides. Maybe you can join us and meet some SpyderLovers.

SpyderByter
04-12-2009, 08:26 AM
welcome

jmskazoo
04-12-2009, 09:10 AM
Thanks for the warm greetings. One of my interests is doing some long range riding and the Spyder looks like a perfect choice. Anyone have an opinion on long range comfort?

What's the longest run anyone here has made? Thanks for the feedback.

jeuchler
04-12-2009, 10:05 AM
...If you try it, you buy it! That's what happened to me and I don't regret it.

...And in more than a few cases for people here, you buy it, then you try it,THEN you say, "Oh, good--that was the right move!" :thumbup:

Dudley
04-12-2009, 10:25 AM
Thanks for the warm greetings. One of my interests is doing some long range riding and the Spyder looks like a perfect choice. Anyone have an opinion on long range comfort?

Opinions on long range comfort vary as much as the individuals givng them. My suggestion is to ride it a while first. Then, as you take note of what you think is not comfortable, you will know what needs changing. What may happen if you change too fast, you will end up with a place in your garage for replaced accessories. I hope you get a lot of responses on the longest rides. They will surprise you. My wife and I have plans to ride over 7000 in April if all goes well. California to Nova Scotia to Washington to SanDiego and home.

ataDude
04-12-2009, 10:47 AM
welcome

Hi folks, I started lurking around this thread over the last few days and thought I'd say Hi. Seems like a nice bunch of people.

I don't have a Spyder; haven't even ridden one ... yet. Now my interest is peaked.

FANG
04-12-2009, 10:54 AM
welcome

pphantom538
04-12-2009, 11:07 AM
Great bike, fun ride. Try it - you'll love it.

spyder3rdr
04-12-2009, 01:17 PM
as others have mentioned already ... if you ryde it , you'll buy a :spyder2:

and thus , join the rest of us welcome

bone crusher
04-12-2009, 01:45 PM
I concur...get on a Spyder and you'll ride a Spyder...it's sooo much fun and you always have the peace of mind that you're a little more safe than on a two-wheeler...

Just buy Millennium Yellow...it's the fastest color! ;)

quackerz
04-12-2009, 02:56 PM
welcome once you ride it you won't be able to get the :spyder2: out of your mind. I've only had mine a couple of months and I would sleep on it if I could.

quackerz

The faster I go the cooler my engine is.

Smylinacha
04-12-2009, 03:46 PM

We are all real nice folks but watch out for some of the crazies like Roaddog. He is scary.:gaah:

welcome

Biker
04-12-2009, 03:51 PM
Boy are you in for a surprise? Get ready for the thrill of your life. Once you ride, you'll be bitten by the Spyder.:spyder:

Peoriafirefighter
04-12-2009, 04:18 PM
[quote=jmskazoo;88365]Hi folks, I started lurking around this thread over the last few days and thought I'd say Hi. Seems like a nice bunch of people.

I have a Chopper and bought a Spyder in Miami,Florida for my wife. I drove it back to Illinois. I liked it so much that I bought another Spyder for me. Still got the Chopper, but ride the Spyder way more.:clap:

bjt
04-12-2009, 06:47 PM
Welcome to SpyderLovers jmskazoo. If you get yourself a Spyder and are itching for a long ride, you can tag along with dltang and myself out to L.A. for the BRP Spyder event at the end of June. :thumbup:

Roaddog2
04-12-2009, 06:53 PM
I concur...get on a Spyder and you'll ride a Spyder...it's sooo much fun and you always have the peace of mind that you're a little more safe than on a two-wheeler...

Just buy Millennium Yellow...it's the fastest color! ;):lecturef_smilie:welcome Full Moon fastest color and if your thinking of painting it you save yourself 400.00 bucks :ani29:

BRPjunkie
04-12-2009, 07:07 PM

I'm over in Jackson, MI and had mine for almost a year and have have no plans to return to two wheels. As far as long range riding, since you have to stop every 150 miles for gas, as long as you can take 150 mile at a time, you can go as far as you want.