PDA

View Full Version : Trying to decide on the right model

Apsana
01-21-2017, 03:06 PM
Hello, all, this is my first post on this forum. I went to a motorcycle show and sat on a few Spyders, and I am very interested in buying one. I am only 5'1" though, so I definitely want one that I'll feel comfortable riding. I love the look of the RT, but I'm afraid that it will just feel too big and heavy for me. I sat on the F3 and that felt really good. Can any short ladies who ride tell me what model they ride and whether they are happy? I'd love any advice on selecting the right model. I think I'm more comfortable with a cruising riding position that a sport riding position.

Thank you!

ARtraveler
01-21-2017, 03:49 PM
:welcome: Only you can decide which model and a test ride of both is recommended. The RT is going to give you a cushier feel compared to the F3. The F3 will give you a more "sporty" feel to the ride. You are going to sit "in" the F3 rather than "on" it. The RT is like driving an easy chair. For me, bigger is good. Think Gold Wing verses Bagger. Both platforms are great and they have their plusses and minuses. Both flavors are costly so you want to get it right the first time for YOU.

Good luck with your hunt. Let us know what you decide.

blacklightning
01-21-2017, 04:47 PM
Hello, all, this is my first post on this forum. I went to a motorcycle show and sat on a few Spyders, and I am very interested in buying one. I am only 5'1" though, so I definitely want one that I'll feel comfortable riding. I love the look of the RT, but I'm afraid that it will just feel too big and heavy for me. I sat on the F3 and that felt really good. Can any short ladies who ride tell me what model they ride and whether they are happy? I'd love any advice on selecting the right model. I think I'm more comfortable with a cruising riding position that a sport riding position.

Thank you!
My wife is your size. I picked up a used RSS for her to practice on. If she decides to ride more, she may pick up a ST before they are all gone. The seating position is perfect for someone her size.

JkRbbt
01-21-2017, 04:59 PM
I have an F3S but have had 2 RTs. I am only 5'6" and, altho I had no problems handling an RT, I am really more comfortable on the F3 and enjoy it more. Keep in mind that you can adjust the F3 more than you can the RT as far as handle bars and brake/foot rest positions. And - BONUS - you can now get an F3 "bagger" if that suits your riding style! Good luck on your choice. You will have a blast! :thumbup:

JKMSPYDER
01-21-2017, 04:59 PM
The nice thing about the F3 models is the U Fit system that lets you choose four foot positions and I believe three handlebar positions. Find a dealer that has the U Fit system on a floor model and try them all out. That is what I did to find the best riding position for me.

al0vely
01-21-2017, 05:02 PM

Thank you!
You may want to go to the Girls on Spyders facebook site and pose your question also. You mentioned you like the cruising position better so that makes the F3 your bike. Go to a dealer and ride both bikes - have the ufit F3 adjustment made for you if possible.

If you inbox me your email address I can have you added to the group or you can go there and make the request yourself.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/girlsonspyders/

Happy hunting.

LateLifeCrisis
02-24-2017, 10:23 PM

Thank you!

So Apsana, How's the search going for your Spyder?

Charlotte17078
04-22-2017, 05:36 PM
I am 5'1' or so... I couldn't decide, either, so I tried both models at the dealer. I found a nice, used RT, for less than half the price of a new one and had it about a year and a half. I LOVED it!!! We wanted to make some long trips (PA to Grand Canyon, to Denver, CO and home last spring) so, I bought a new RT Limited and haven't looked back!!!! The ONLY thing that I don't like is WAITING for the next trip!!!:doorag: