PDA

View Full Version : Shoutout to all Southern Marylanders !

MDBrion
01-16-2017, 10:54 AM
Hello fellow SoMd Spyder Riders.... I know there are a few of you out there Because I occasionally see you traversing the roadways of SoMd. Give a shout back and let's see how many of us there are in this area !

Chupaca
01-16-2017, 11:00 AM
According to the members list here....there are 130 of you out there and probably many more nonmembers....hope they reach out to you....:spyder:

MDBrion
01-16-2017, 11:22 AM
According to the members list here....there are 130 of you out there and probably many more nonmembers....hope they reach out to you....:spyder:

i'd hope to reach out to the Tri-county area folks primarily (StMarys, Calvert, Charles) since they would be the easiest to connect with for shorter duration (afternoon) rides. I believe the Maryland folks who are just on the outskirts of Washington and Northern Virginia suburbs would have a number of options WRT groups to connect with.

DonCopenha
01-16-2017, 05:05 PM
2013 RT-L waiting here in Great Mills for the salts to be washed off the roads.
Met another up in Callaway this summer.

MDBrion
01-20-2017, 08:06 PM
2013 RT-L waiting here in Great Mills for the salts to be washed off the roads.
Met another up in Callaway this summer.

Hi there Don ! Your Callaway friend wasn't by chance a fella named Ian who rides a yellow Spyder ST was it ? I'm in Wildewood and have a fellow Spyder rider friend who lives right down the street. PM me if your interested in sharing contact information and perhaps joining us in some rides.

Regards,
Brion

jmurray
01-20-2017, 09:56 PM
Don & Brion, I'm in Huntingtown.

- John

DonCopenha
01-21-2017, 08:43 AM
Hi there Don ! Your Callaway friend wasn't by chance a fella named Ian who rides a yellow Spyder ST was it ? I'm in Wildewood and have a fellow Spyder rider friend who lives right down the street. PM me if your interested in sharing contact information and perhaps joining us in some rides.

Regards,
Brion

Thats the man.

On another subject, service, where have you been taking yours? I dealt with the shop in Hanover PA but that is quite the hike for tic tac issues.

jmurray
01-21-2017, 11:31 AM
Thats the man.

On another subject, service, where have you been taking yours? I dealt with the shop in Hanover PA but that is quite the hike for tic tac issues.

I take my RTL there also and have been very pleased with them. I have been reading (SpyderLovers) that the Service Department at Talbot Power Sports in Easton Maryland was good also. I would have to compare the distance to-from both service departments.

spacetiger
01-21-2017, 02:22 PM
There is a Maryland riding group I thought. I'm in Pasadena these days waiting for better weather.

WA5VHU
01-21-2017, 04:08 PM
https://www.meetup.com/marylandspyderweb/

Great group and they are all about the rydes, not just the destination like some other groups.

MDBrion
01-22-2017, 08:53 AM
Don & Brion, I'm in Huntingtown.

- John

Hey John ! I'm in California, MD. As was mentioned in this thread there is the MSW group and I've subscribed to that group, but most of their rides tend to venture to the North and east from their area of origin which for us adds a 2hr or more ride just to meet up with the departure group.
I was looking for riders like yourself and Don who are within 30 minutes away and can meet up for Sat. Or Sun afternoon rides in the southern Maryland area. PM me with your contact information ( phone & email) and we can get a Crew list together to coordinate rides once the weather starts getting nice !

MDBrion
01-22-2017, 09:01 AM
Thats the man.

Don, I've been doing most of my own maintenance for general issues like mods, drive belt tensioning, oil & trans filter/fluid changes, etc. I've yet to have to have any major work performed beyond those routine issues, but planned on using Fredericksburg Motorsports if something arose that I deemed outside my comfort zone.

bigsmoke
01-22-2017, 10:27 AM
Don, I've been doing most of my own maintenance for general issues like mods, drive belt tensioning, oil & trans filter/fluid changes, etc. I've yet to have to have any major work performed beyond those routine issues, but planned on using Fredericksburg Motorsports if something arose that I deemed outside my comfort zone.

Hi, just recently moved to Rehoboth Delaware, not to far from Maryland,
when the warmer weather arrives would like to meet up,
MIke

jrs4220
02-20-2017, 10:01 PM
I live in Chesapeake Beach. Would like to do some riding this summer too. Jim

Rich_C
02-20-2017, 10:15 PM
DC, Maryland, and Virginia Spyder Ryders
https://www.meetup.com/DMV-Spyder-Ryders/

They also have a forum on SpyderLovers:
http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/group.php?groupid=97

Great group, they often ride through southern Maryland.

jayallday01
03-03-2017, 10:32 AM
La Plata, MD here. My Spyder has been in storage the past couple years. The family and household move is now complete, so I hope to be back on the Spyder come late spring.

MDBrion
03-26-2017, 02:24 PM
La Plata, MD here. My Spyder has been in storage the past couple years. The family and household move is now complete, so I hope to be back on the Spyder come late spring.

Sounds like you need to stretch the legs of that ole girl if she's been In storage all that time. Hopefully she was put away with fuel stabilizer and will start up without issue after all that time in storage.

jayallday01
07-13-2017, 12:50 PM
Sounds like you need to stretch the legs of that ole girl if she's been In storage all that time. Hopefully she was put away with fuel stabilizer and will start up without issue after all that time in storage.

Hello there,

it took an oil change, new battery, plugs and wires and a soon to happen good wash to get the Spyder back on the road. I feel a tire upgrade coming on soon as I still have the stock Kendas. I have had it out a few times checking to see if all is well and so far no codes or hiccups. Took all the way down to Pax River NAS and back with my son riding on back and she was good to go. Hope to see you on the road one of these days.

TIMEMACHINE
03-28-2021, 05:54 PM
A few years later......are you guys still active here? Anybody getting ready to do some riding?