PDA

View Full Version : IF YOUR PRIVACY IS IMPORTANT TO YOU

cuznjohn
01-15-2017, 09:35 AM
PLEASE READ THIS

ok people I FEEL THIS IS IMPORTANT. IF YOU GO TO THIS SITE, AND ENTER YOUR INFORMATION http://www.familytreenow.com/search IT WILL SHOW YOU ALL YOUR INFORMATION AND THE FAMILY YOU ARE CONNECTED WITH.
you can opt out of this, so nothing shows on you. once your information comes up, scroll down the page, until on the bottom of it, you see in small print, PRIVACY, select that, and look at the instructions until you see, OPT OUT here, it is in the 5th paragraph, once you do that, click on it, and enter you information again, when it shows, there is a opt out highlighted on the top. press that, and in 48 hrs. your information will be removed. UP TO YOU, BUT I JUST DID IT

Chupaca
01-15-2017, 10:49 AM
But there are many out there. You would have to go to each one. I set up a family tree with ancestry.com and they have more information than I ever knew...But it was fun finding all the past I was never told about....:thumbup:

cuznjohn
01-15-2017, 10:53 AM
But there are many out there. You would have to go to each one. I set up a family tree with ancestry.com and they have more information than I ever knew...But it was fun finding all the past I was never told about....:thumbup:

i looked up my family tree also, i found out I AM THE SAP

murphybrown
01-15-2017, 10:53 AM
First and foremost because my LEO son said to do it...and he had many really GOOD reasons why. Then I saw in on Fox and Friends and again the importance of cleaning out (at least from one source) info for you, your family members and other connected to you.
Hey it's knee deep in winter for me...another "task" that is helpful plus keeps me busy until Spring thaw!!! :thumbup:

PW2013STL
01-15-2017, 11:13 AM
We did this last week!

pitzerwm
01-15-2017, 03:30 PM
IMO if you are the least bit active on the Internet, you couldn't spend enough time deleting everything.

I went to a site Truthfinders.com, They suck you in and so I "investigated myself" There is a box "is this you" that you don't check. Here is the "trick" they want $29 for 3 months or so, no one time transaction, BUT just ignore/close each request for money and eventually, you will get a 5 day unlimited search for $1. If you want a PDF print that will cost you another $3. Basically, you will see where you have laid the bread crumbs back to you. I ran this on a number of people that I know and some came back with traffic tickets and some not. None had a criminal record so I don't know how good that part is. It does have many or most of the places that you have lived, all of your social media outlets. In my case nothing unexpected. It's worth a $1 but not much more. They have a premium search which I have no idea what extra you would get. IMO if it was worth it, it would have any property that you owned and all legal issues that you have been involved in and other "important" stuff.

There is a lot out there that you might have forgot about. But to get anything removed, I doubt it.

IdahoMtnSpyder
01-15-2017, 07:16 PM
Then I saw in on Fox and Friends and again the importance of cleaning out (at least from one source) info for you, your family members and other connected to you.
That is pretty much impossible to do. The only information you can control and clean out is that which you put out there yourself. That includes sites like Spyderlovers, Facebook, Linked In, and so on. Information connected to you that your friends and family put out there is pretty much out of your reach. Information about you that is on credit agency sites is not accessible to the general public. You can demand Experian and the other sites correct incorrect information they may have in their credit reporting databases, but you can't delete your existence from them. The site Cuzn linked to, and the Truthfinder.com it leads to, supposedly link to public records information like arrest records that you have no direct access to to change.

The only way to be somewhat obscure on the Internet it to never have been on it. But once you've been on it, you're on it for as long as it exists.

BajaRon
01-15-2017, 08:56 PM
i looked up my family tree also, i found out I AM THE SAP In my case. I found I was out on a limb! :yikes:

Cruzr Joe
01-15-2017, 09:19 PM

Deer Slayer
01-15-2017, 09:25 PM
i looked up my family tree also, i found out I AM THE SAP
Does your tree have any forks? :shocked:

Bob Denman
01-16-2017, 09:09 AM
John,
Thanks! :thumbup:
Even thought this information is out there in a myriad of sites: I feel better about removing my Family from THIS one! :clap:
But it took two days: the site crashed, after FOX first put this story out.