PDA

View Full Version : Purchasing out of state

cmar157
01-13-2017, 06:06 PM
I have been working with Imotorsports in Illinois and they are giving me a great deal on a new Spyder but I have never made a purchase like this from someone out of state. I have read here they are reputable but has anyone used them and had a Spyder shipped to them. I live in Florida and wanted to see if anyone had any feedback. I have had a bad experience with a local dealer here, Central Florida Powersports, in trying to get the bike I want. They were quoting me a price and never disclosed it was a demo till I was ready to buy it. I felt like they were being very deceptive.

Also any thing I should be looking at with sales tax and registration being it is being shipped to Florida.

Thanks

Bob Denman
01-13-2017, 06:30 PM
:congrats: on your new ryde!! :clap:
Who are you using, to transport the bike to Florida?

cmar157
01-13-2017, 06:37 PM

I haven't finalized yet was waiting on some feedback fro the knowledge base here. I don't know who they are using they are making the arrangements to deliver and pick up my trade in

Dave7691
01-13-2017, 06:42 PM
I bought my leftover 2015 F3S from Imotorsports this summer .
They are a class act gave me a great price on the new on and gave me what I was asking for my 2011 RSS SE5 .
Delivered the F3S to CT an picked up the RSS. NO CHARGE .
I would not hesitate to by my next one there or recommend to anyone .

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Bob Denman
01-13-2017, 06:43 PM
A lot of folks in here have given positive reports about UShip...
(I haven't used them; I just remember that they seem to be one of the more recommended shippers...)

PM BLUEKNIGHT911 about his purchase from Imotorsports; I believe that he was pretty happy with how things worked out.
He rode his new bike home. :D

MOSESS
01-13-2017, 06:47 PM
I used u-ship and was happy, the sales tax and registration , you can take care of that once you get the bike . the dealers here in nj would not give me a good deal so like many of you I went out of state, I have a great relationship with Hicklin power sports in Grimes IA. they took care of every thing ,you will be fine..

Dave7691
01-13-2017, 06:47 PM
They have there own people who make the delivery for them .
Mine arrived in a fifth wheel concealed trailer all nice and clean and on time .

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

cmar157
01-13-2017, 06:58 PM
I used u-ship and was happy, the sales tax and registration , you can take care of that once you get the bike . the dealers here in nj would not give me a good deal so like many of you I went out of state, I have a great relationship with Hicklin power sports in Grimes IA. they took care of every thing ,you will be fine..

They told me they take care of the tax and i just need to handle the registration

IndyBill
01-13-2017, 07:06 PM
I have bought 2 Spyders and a Harley from them. They have been good for me to work with. I had one delivered and they use their own people and the delivery was free. I picked up the other two at the dealership.

At no time did I feel pressured and my salesman, Eric, went out of his way to make sure everything went smooth.

My first deal I was nervous because they had my money and I had no bike but I was assured by Eric and it went smooth. Youthera is the business manager and you would be pressed to fine a nicer guy.

Bill

Ex-Rocket
01-13-2017, 09:37 PM
I had a 2012 RTS as a trade in and purchased my 2015 RTS from them and did the deal through emails back and forth. They offered more for my trade in than any local dealers would. After we agreed to a price, I then drove up there to sign the paperwork. They showed me my new RTS, but it was still in the shipping crate. It was one of the easiest transactions I've ever done on a big item purchase. They shipped my new bike to me and picked up my trade in. They are a 1st class act. You won't be disappointed.

Roadster Renovations
01-13-2017, 10:01 PM
Imotorsports is absolutely the best dealer we have ever dealt with. We live in Indiana and they are in Illinois and we drove up and bought our 2017 F3S Daytona from them. Jason was our salesman and was really awesome. Billy, the parts guy was also great, and Rick in service keeps things running smooth.
I would give them 5 stars. They will treat you right. I would check with them about delivery. Not sure about Uship.

Marvin2488485
01-14-2017, 08:35 AM
I bought mine there, I live in Indiana, made the deal using e-mail, loaded my bike up on a trailer, got to their location, they unloaded my bike, loaded my Spyder RT Limited, signed the papers and away we went. Easy
Jason was my man!

Ride safe!

jcthorne
01-14-2017, 08:36 AM
We had a great experience with imotorsports as well. They delivered the new F3-T to Houston and picked up the RT trade in. New bike was perfect in every way. The alignment was even pretty darn close. (They do laser alignments but I had to check it).

MOSESS
01-14-2017, 12:17 PM
As you can see from the many positive posts buying out of state is safe and a sound financial move . The shipping is a separate deal that usually cost around 500.00, Once you find the best deal that works for you and shipping cost you will save a lot of money . It works so relax find the best deal and go have fun,

oldguyinTX
01-14-2017, 12:25 PM

iMotorsports handles the transportation for you. They uncrate, assemble, and ship the Spyder to you ready to go. And it's free. They do have great prices, particularly on "leftovers".

murphybrown
01-14-2017, 12:47 PM
I have purchased two Spyders from Pitbull Powersports in MO...on taxes...Pitbull took the amount of MO tax at sale. When I got to WA...about 5000 miles..I went into my local DVM with all the paperwork. They charged me the difference on taxes between what I paid in MO and what the tax is in WA and at that time they also did the registration and gave me my plates. Simple straight forward process..
Enjoy that new ryde...know you will. :thumbup:

al0vely
01-14-2017, 06:09 PM
:congrats:Congrats on the new ryde. Be sure to share pics and let us in the freezer know how nice it is to ryde in January. :riding:

jamesdn48
01-27-2017, 12:13 PM
For you guys that have purchased new from imotorsports. Did your bike come with a full factory warranty? I'm getting ready to buy and just want to double check. Their website doesn't really mention much about a warranty other than a short blurb about a "7 day warranty" whatever that is. Thanks.
Jim

Bob Denman
01-27-2017, 12:19 PM
:welcome:
They have a very significant presence in here:

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?160-IMotorSports-com

It might be best to just ask them. :thumbup:

jamesdn48
01-27-2017, 01:40 PM
:welcome:
They have a very significant presence in here:

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?160-IMotorSports-com

It might be best to just ask them. :thumbup:

Thanks. I'll do just that.
Jim

cmar157
01-27-2017, 04:02 PM
For you guys that have purchased new from imotorsports. Did your bike come with a full factory warranty? I'm getting ready to buy and just want to double check. Their website doesn't really mention much about a warranty other than a short blurb about a "7 day warranty" whatever that is. Thanks.
Jim

I just ordered from them and it comes with the factory warranty and they even sold me the extended BEST service plan. Deal with Jason and you will have a smooth transaction.