PDA

View Full Version : Having music issues

Jwenzen
01-11-2017, 09:06 PM
I have a 2010RT and have been listening to my ipod music when I ride the last few years using the ipod cable connection in the rear trunk. Now my ipod finally quits on me and I decide to attempt to use my iphone only it has a different size connection. I found an adapter from the older larger ipod connection to the new smaller 8mm connection. Thinking this would work. Problem is when I hook it up I hear it make a coneection to my radio, but the music stays coming out of my phone speaker and never transfers to the bike speakers. I am thinking 1 of 2 things. Either the adapter isnt letting the sound through, not sure why since it makes the clicking connection type sound. Or maybe my iphone has a setting to make sound move from the phone to an auxilliary source. I am not finding one. Any help would be appreciated. I really do not want to go bluetooth.

Bfromla
01-11-2017, 11:11 PM
If it's not an Apple adapter it can/will have issues. It looks like same one i use (Adapter end will only fit on 30pin 1way)(the lighting end will fit phone either way)
& mine has worked fine on my iPhone 5 to ST it charges & allows full ipod control, I have even left in frunk & just listened to the GPS directions with no visual. :p

woodyaa
01-12-2017, 01:02 AM
An non-Apple adaptor will only charge and not play your music. I know this from experience unfortunately.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

joebryanjr
01-12-2017, 05:52 AM
There are different adapters. The cheap ones are "charge only". You need a "charge and sync" version. That is what I have on my 2014 RT. I also have a bunch of the "charge only" ones that didn't work.

Bob Denman
01-12-2017, 08:28 AM
:agree: Get the adapter from Apple, and everything will work just fine. :thumbup:
I think that you're looking for a "lightning, to 30-pin" adapter...

Jwenzen
01-12-2017, 08:30 AM
:agree: Get the adapter from Apple, and everything will work just fine. :thumbup:
I think that you're looking for a "lightning, to 30-pin" adapter...

Do you think switching from the iPod cable to the one that works through the headphone jack would work?

Bob Denman
01-12-2017, 08:41 AM
I honestly don't know... :dontknow:
I can tell you that I had to get a "30-pin, to lightning" adapter, in order to hook my IPod up to my Apple alarm clock... (I think they call it an I-Home...)

When Apple changed their connections: these issues cropped up, when folks bought aftermarket adapters. It has come up in here before.

woodyaa
01-13-2017, 03:04 PM
If you use the headphone jack, you lose the ability to control the iPod from the handlebars

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk