PDA

View Full Version : Good to have friends

vtrider
04-10-2009, 07:03 PM
I rode to work on the spyder today and was having a good day until around 9:15am. I was standing in my work area during a group meeting, and I suddenly had a very sharp pain in my right index finger. I've had this happen before from what I think is a bone chip or bone spur from an injury that I had a about 4 years ago. Anyhow, as I'm standing there the pain was so bad that I started to feel faint with a dizzy feeling and suddenly, I passed out and hit my head just under my left eye on one of the machines that I work on at my work station. Nevertheless, when I woke up, seconds after the episode, at the moment I didn't know what happened, but my co-workers were very concerned. I was just dammed embarrassed by the whole mess. An ambulance was called in and I was taken to the hospital to get checked out. I was checked and released within a couple hours. I'm fine and will be ok. I just have a small bruise under my left eye. I made an appointment to have xrays done on my finger and hope I can find what causes the pain.
I had to go home and rest for the remainder of my day. I was not in
any condition to ride my spyder back home, but a friend that I work with, who rides a harley offered to take the spyder back home for me. I was
a little weak feeling and considered this to be a good choice for me. So I was able to get a ride back with one of my managers and my friend John got in my riding jacket and helmet, I showed him the controls on the spyder and told him just to remember the foot brake and no hand brake. He fired it up ran around the parking lot a few times to get used to it and we were off to my place about 20 miles away. I got home ok and John just had a smile on his face when he arrived with the spyder. He never rode a spyder before,so this was all fun for him and he thanked me for taking the rest of the day off lol! Not a bad deal for him. He was still paid by the company to take me home! Anyhow, I need to rest and hope tommorrow will be a better day.

Smylinacha
04-10-2009, 07:09 PM
Wow! Keep us posted on what's going on please! Don't need one of our brothas not feeling so good!

Glad you have real good coworkers and that you got home ok. :thumbup: I don't think I ever passed out before from pain. That has to be scary. :yikes:

I pass out every day but that's usually from me being a zombie from work and then a couple of ****tails.:dontknow:

Hang in there and PLEASE keep us posted!

jeuchler
04-10-2009, 07:11 PM
I rode to work on the spyder today and was having a good day until around 9:15am....

We're glad to hear you're OK, but geez, vtrider, you gotta rest this weekend, man!

(We have a lot of trips planned this summer, and don't want you falling off that red Spyder of yours!)

Take care of yourself! :thumbup:

DynamoBT
04-10-2009, 07:11 PM
Glad you and your Spyder got home safely!! When you get checked out, I sure hope there's nothing seriously wrong.

Roaddog2
04-10-2009, 07:13 PM
Hope you are feeling better soon Mike:ani29:

NancysToy
04-10-2009, 07:45 PM
That is one sneaky way to get a Harley lover to ride a Spyder! ;) Seriously, like all here, I hope you get to the root of this and are 100% soon. Anything that can cause you to pass out has to be taken seriously.
-Scotty

bone crusher
04-10-2009, 08:32 PM
I rode to work on the spyder today and was having a good day until around 9:15am. I was standing in my work area during a group meeting, and I suddenly had a very sharp pain in my right index finger. I've had this happen before from what I think is a bone chip or bone spur from an injury that I had a about 4 years ago. Anyhow, as I'm standing there the pain was so bad that I started to feel faint with a dizzy feeling and suddenly, I passed out and hit my head just under my left eye on one of the machines that I work on at my work station. Nevertheless, when I woke up, seconds after the episode, at the moment I didn't know what happened, but my co-workers were very concerned. I was just dammed embarrassed by the whole mess. An ambulance was called in and I was taken to the hospital to get checked out. I was checked and released within a couple hours. I'm fine and will be ok. I just have a small bruise under my left eye. I made an appointment to have xrays done on my finger and hope I can find what causes the pain.
I had to go home and rest for the remainder of my day. I was not in
any condition to ride my spyder back home, but a friend that I work with, who rides a harley offered to take the spyder back home for me. I was
a little weak feeling and considered this to be a good choice for me. So I was able to get a ride back with one of my managers and my friend John got in my riding jacket and helmet, I showed him the controls on the spyder and told him just to remember the foot brake and no hand brake. He fired it up ran around the parking lot a few times to get used to it and we were off to my place about 20 miles away. I got home ok and John just had a smile on his face when he arrived with the spyder. He never rode a spyder before,so this was all fun for him and he thanked me for taking the rest of the day off lol! Not a bad deal for him. He was still paid by the company to take me home! Anyhow, I need to rest and hope tommorrow will be a better day.

Ouch! Do you do the same at the sight of blood (this is common)? Hey...you're in Fairfax...are you in for Rolling Thunder?

retread
04-10-2009, 10:17 PM
Glad you weren't ryding when it happened, get checked out, you're in my prayers.

john

vtrider
04-11-2009, 02:05 AM
Thank you all for your concerns. I hope to have some answers on what caused this next Tuesday when my doctors appointment is scheduled.

SpyderByter
04-11-2009, 04:40 AM
Good luck.

xpeschon
04-11-2009, 05:06 AM
It was noted that "glad this didn't happen when you where riding", yah this is one of my WORST nightmares---Scary but it appears you are doing the right thing and getting it checked out, I suffered from Pancretitis for about 3 years (very painful by the way) before the doctors did actually anything, so NOW if I feel a slight pain at all I'm headed in,,,,, I hope it isn't to serious and that they Pin Point what actually happed and treat it, the best of luck and like all other members, keep us informed we all gotta a lot of riding to do this summer...
God Bless
Joe

NancysToy
04-11-2009, 07:25 AM
It was noted that "glad this didn't happen when you where riding", yah this is one of my WORST nightmares---Scary but it appears you are doing the right thing and getting it checked out, I suffered from Pancretitis for about 3 years (very painful by the way) before the doctors did actually anything, so NOW if I feel a slight pain at all I'm headed in,,,,, I hope it isn't to serious and that they Pin Point what actually happed and treat it, the best of luck and like all other members, keep us informed we all gotta a lot of riding to do this summer...
God Bless
Joe
:agree: I ignored a problem for years that several doctors had dismissed as "gas." I even learned to ignore the pain to the point that I quite literally didn't feel it. My wife threatened divorce if I didn't see a doctor for my "indigestion." When the ninth doctor I had seen in 25 years ordered the right tests and they discovered a completely blocked bile duct, it was almost too late. After the surgery the surgeon said I would have lived a couple weeks more at the outside. Now I pay attention to what my body tries to tell me and see the doctor regularly. You can be too tough for your own good sometimes. Glad you are smarter than I was! :D
-Scotty

Lamonster
04-11-2009, 07:53 AM
Sorry to hear this Bro. Good thing you wern't driving the Spyder when the pain hit you. :shocked: Let us know what it was.

mike3069
04-11-2009, 08:18 AM
Hey man, glad your OK. That's a tough way to get converts!

Recluze
04-11-2009, 12:14 PM
I had a similar incident but the collateral damage was a bit higher. 27 stitches and a couple of weeks and all that shows is a rakish scar.

Recluze
04-11-2009, 04:01 PM
I had an asthma attack and my eye came in contact with a Weber BBQ. Nice huh?

Roaddog2
04-11-2009, 04:58 PM
I had a similar incident but the collateral damage was a bit higher. 27 stitches and a couple of weeks and all that shows is a rakish scar.

1486Ouch hope you are well also:ani29:

retread
04-11-2009, 05:39 PM
Oh, man, I hate seeing stuff like that, a friend lost an eye to something similar, hope you're okay.

john

vtrider
04-12-2009, 04:52 AM

Wow man! Now I'm feeling I came out of my episode lucky. I sure don't have that kind of damage. I guess we all have to be aware that the unexpected can happen.

dltang
04-12-2009, 07:57 AM
Glad you are back and feeling better. Also glad to hear you have good friends that take care of you. :2thumbs:

vtrider
04-12-2009, 09:18 AM
Glad you are back and feeling better. Also glad to hear you have good friends that take care of you. :2thumbs:

Thank you! I feel better today and will be back at work tomorrow. I'm just a little scared that this could happen again though.

Smylinacha
04-12-2009, 04:14 PM
maybe you might wanna wear your helmet into work tomorrow. This way if it happens again, you won't bang your head!;);)

vtrider
04-12-2009, 06:23 PM
maybe you might wanna wear your helmet into work tomorrow. This way if it happens again, you won't bang your head!;);)

Ha Ha your funny! But maybe that would be a wise idea!

vtrider
04-12-2009, 06:55 PM
I did sleep most of the day yesterday. I wasn't up to doing much earlier. Anyhow, after all that rest I felt much better. I was a little bored though. The kids were gone for the night with there mother and I don't sit still very well when I'm bored. I needed a spyder ride someplace, so I geared up and headed out for an evening ride. Then I stopped at Hooters Bar & Grill in Burlington. I sat at the bar had a cold beer and some hot wings and watched some hockey on the TV set above the bar. Of course that was only when I wasn't looking at the Hooter girls! I can't forget the Hooter girls! A little eye candy is always good therapy!
:cheers:

Smylinacha
04-12-2009, 07:20 PM
Ha Ha your funny! But maybe that would be a wise idea!

Good, glad you know I was only kidding! Let us know what you find out!:crackpipe: