PDA

View Full Version : Challenge

Cruzr Joe
01-08-2017, 06:08 PM
Write a 15 letter word that does not use the same letter more than once.

Cruzr Joe

granpa in Cincy
01-08-2017, 06:18 PM
uncopyrightable

OJ UK
01-08-2017, 06:19 PM
Uncopyrightable.....any good??

OJ UK
01-08-2017, 06:25 PM
The only other one is.....Not telling you cos I want someone else to have a chance.
But there is only one more in the English language!

Cruzr Joe
01-08-2017, 06:26 PM
Well that was too easy, that is the only word in the dictionary that meets the requirements.

OJ says there is one more ..................... what is it? dermatoglyphics

I did not realise that you could google that and get an answer, I am behind the times.

Anonymous

OJ UK
01-08-2017, 06:37 PM
Yep!! Dermatoglyphics is the word!:thumbup:

So what is the longest word in the English dictionary? :read:

Peter Aawen
01-08-2017, 09:09 PM
I dunno OJ, but I've had this awful cough & chest pain ever since I went 'volcano diving' a coupla years back, & the Doc says it's all related to the longest word in the dictionary?!?! D'ya think that he might know something about what it is?? The word that is, I hope he knows about the 'complaint!' :shocked:

There again, I have at times been accused of being just a little sesquipedlian, but I think it's far more likely that most people who complain are just suffering from hippopotomonstrosesquipedaliophobia.... :thumbup:

(damn, I hope I spelt that word correctly!)

Chupaca
01-08-2017, 11:35 PM
That's it...:hun: only two words...we need to switch to another language...:roflblack:

mowin
01-09-2017, 10:43 AM
That's it...:hun: only two words...we need to switch to another language...:roflblack:

Haven't we already. " Press one for English". :banghead:

Chupaca
01-09-2017, 10:51 AM
Or stop by your local DMV and get your test in any language...then let them loose on highways with signs in english...

Bob Denman
01-09-2017, 10:58 AM
The next time I need to fill out any DMV paperwork: I'm going to ask for a Mandarin version of it... nojoke

ARtraveler
01-09-2017, 05:39 PM
Longest word? used to be: antidisestablishedmentarianism. Is it stll on?....

Chupaca
01-09-2017, 08:10 PM

pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis now holds that distinction...some lung condition from inhaling volcanic ash simply known as silicosis....:dontknow: medical names should not count...

ARtraveler
01-09-2017, 09:26 PM
pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis now holds that distinction...some lung condition from inhaling volcanic ash simply known as silicosis....:dontknow: medical names should not count...

Yep! I kind of suspected that was going to be the situation. PS. I even spelt antidis...correctly. How's that for a good memory? :thumbup:

IdahoMtnSpyder
01-09-2017, 09:39 PM
That one lost it's standing when Sound of Music brought us supercalifragilisticexpialidocious which is 4 letters longer. But that pneumo**** thing beats it by 11 letters!