PDA

View Full Version : Show Chrome 41-164 trailer hitch

acpd22
01-08-2017, 12:27 PM
Can somebody tell me if this would work on a 2016 F3 Limited? Everything appears to be the same as an RT as far as the the way the rear wheel attaches and how the frame is built. I don't know if it just won't work or the manufacturer has not updated the bikes it will work on.:sour:

acpd22
01-09-2017, 12:19 AM
bump

Cruzr Joe
01-09-2017, 12:23 AM
I can tell you that the only difference between the BRP Hitch for the F3 and the RT is the Wiring Harness, the hitch is the same. But be advised that you cannot buy the wiring harness separately

Cruzr Joe

blacklightning
01-09-2017, 10:13 AM
I can tell you that the only difference between the BRP Hitch for the F3 and the RT is the Wiring Harness, the hitch is the same. But be advised that you cannot buy the wiring harness separately

Cruzr Joe
Maybe I haven't paid enough attention, but isn't the F3T and F3 Limited swing arm more closely related to the RT, RS, and ST than the F3? I might be missing something though, but the one on the F3 appears round while the others are tubular. I might be way off, but that was just going from memory (which is not very good.).

acpd22
01-09-2017, 12:19 PM
The F3 T has a rectangular swing arm while the F3 S is tubular.

blacklightning
01-09-2017, 12:29 PM
The F3 T has a rectangular swing arm while the F3 S is tubular.
That is sort of what I was referring to. When I stated tubular, the tubular shape I was talking about was rectangular. The one for the F3 is round, while the F3T is rectangular.
BTW, a tubular shape is considered square or rectangular, not round. The round ones are normally referred to as pipes.
Sometimes it can be confusing. Sort of like the way a "W" Beam is actually "I" shaped.

billybovine
01-09-2017, 03:50 PM
Wow a lot of confusing answers for the new guy.

Yes the Show Chrome hitch 41-164 will fit on your F3 Limited.

blacklightning
01-09-2017, 03:53 PM
Wow a lot of confusing answers for the new guy.

Yes the Show Chrome hitch 41-164 will fit on your F3 Limited.
That's what I thought. Am I correct in thinking that this hitch will fit on all the spyders except for the F3 and F3S? All the others appear to have the same swing arm configuration.

billybovine
01-09-2017, 03:59 PM
That's what I thought. Am I correct in thinking that this hitch will fit on all the spyders except for the F3 and F3S? All the others appear to have the same swing arm configuration.

That's correct.

fencepost
01-09-2017, 05:01 PM
Lewis @ Electrical is working ion the wiring harness, I think he is about done.

IdahoMtnSpyder
01-09-2017, 09:18 PM
BTW, a tubular shape is considered square or rectangular, not round. The round ones are normally referred to as pipes.
Sometimes it can be confusing.
I wonder where you learned your definition of tube and pipe. Tube can be round or any other shape.

Here's a plain English explanation taken from here: http://www.commercemetals.com/tube-vs-pipe-the-differences-explained-in-plain-english/

Tubing

Tubing is generally used for structural purposes and the OD is an important and exact number. Tubing size is specified by OD and the wall thickness (WT); and the measured OD and stated OD are generally within very close tolerances of each other. Tubing is usually more expensive than pipe due to tighter manufacturing tolerances.
Interestingly, while the stated and measured OD’s of tubing are almost exact most of the time, copper tubing generally has a measured OD that is 1/8” larger than stated OD. As such, maybe it should be called copper pipe. However, stainless steel, aluminum, and steel tubing all have measured and stated OD’s that are exact or very close.

Pipe

Pipes are categorized as tubular vessels used in pipeline and piping systems, and commonly transport gases or fluids. They are specified by “Nominal Pipe Size” (NPS) and Schedule (wall thickness). NPS is a size standard established by the American National Standards Institute (ANSI), and should NOT be confused with the various thread standards such as NPT and NPSC.

As you can see the primary discriminate is not shape, but use and measurement reference.

Kind of like what's the difference between a plumber and pipefitter? You don't see no s*** flowing through a pipefitter's pipe!!

blacklightning
01-09-2017, 10:27 PM
You are sort of correct, but I actually got my information from the ASD Manual of Steel Construction, ninth edition (yes, I know it is not the latest edition). The main thought was to show that the F3 swing arms are round, and the ones for the other models are rectangular.
Did that simplify things enough for you? I would hate for you to be the guy looking for something like a W12x50 beam and expect to see a steel shape that looks like a "W".
No harm ment, I was just trying to help the guy out so that he would understand the general shape of the other models.

IdahoMtnSpyder
01-09-2017, 11:17 PM
You are sort of correct, but I actually got my information from the ASD Manual of Steel Construction, ninth edition (yes, I know it is not the latest edition). The main thought was to show that the F3 swing arms are round, and the ones for the other models are rectangular.
Did that simplify things enough for you? I would hate for you to be the guy looking for something like a W12x50 beam and expect to see a steel shape that looks like a "W".
No harm ment, I was just trying to help the guy out so that he would understand the general shape of the other models.
The multiplicity of uses for a particular word or term in English can lead to some interesting misunderstandings. Like when we had a Chinese girl living with us in foster care. She just could not understand why my wife wanted to put flowers in the bed!