PDA

View Full Version : Sleep Number...what say you?

Mazo EMS2
01-02-2017, 03:50 PM
When we're not riding, we're sleeping and dreaming of riding....what do you sleep on? We're considering a Sleep Number, King sized bed. Anyone here have any feedback, experience, or info you'd like to share about Sleep Number Beds?

Thanks

asp125
01-02-2017, 04:14 PM
We sleep on a Sleep Number king. Loved it so much we put one in our RV. Best investment ever, since we could get a great night's sleep on the road. Pros: adjustable for each person. Cons: if a couple's sleep numbers are vastly different, it feels like sleeping on a slope. One is either falling down into the other's side or sleeping up against a hill - not a problem if each person stays on their side, but not if you like to cuddle and sleep in the middle.

DGoebel
01-02-2017, 05:05 PM
We just bought our 2nd (upgraded model) Sleep number bed since 2003. Replaced the first 13 year old model as they had markedly improved the mattress air bladder join for their queen (and King) sized mattress and it really is more comfortable than our original one. We don't ever have that slope feeling that Asp mentioned above and our sleep numbers are 55 (mine) and 30 (Sharon's).

We recommend them very much.

Lew L
01-02-2017, 05:12 PM
We have had the Sleep Number for well over 20 years ( back then they were called the Nautilus bed) Bought a newer one about 10 years ago. Saved hundreds with out the numbering system. Just put the pressure where you need it. Ever see a 70 year old man try to move a king size mattress????? Easy with a sleep Number.

Kaos

Jim&Teresa
01-02-2017, 05:27 PM
We've had a Sleep Number queen size for about 15 years....it's great! I used to have back pain. No more. It was amazing for my back. May need to upgrade someday.

You're doing the right thing by asking around....check them all out! Do what you think is best for you. Good luck in your decision! :thumbup:

jcthorne
01-02-2017, 06:04 PM
Before you buy the Sleep Number, have a look at Air-Pedic. Its a much improved triple badder design where you can adjust firmness for the hip area independently from the head and feet. Completely eliminates the air mattress sag or hammock feeling.

We have had our Air-Pedic King bed for about 5 years now and its been great for us. Its a MUCH superior design to the single bladder Sleep Number.

Bob Denman
01-02-2017, 06:12 PM
:D We got ours at Costco...

I don't know what her sleep number is; but she usually passes out before I do! :roflblack::roflblack:

Mazo EMS2
01-02-2017, 06:43 PM
:D We got ours at Costco...

I don't know what her sleep number is; but she usually passes out before I do! :roflblack::roflblack:

:clap::bowdown:

cmar157
01-02-2017, 06:55 PM
I have had a sleep number for about 15 years and really like. I did see someone mention the Air Pedic and I am going to need to replace my Sleep number soon. The Air Pedic looks interesting based on the 3 zones. My only complaint about the sleep number would be it is not adjustable top to bottom. How much do the Air Pedics run?

Spyder 10
01-02-2017, 07:10 PM
I have a story for you if you are interested. It is too long to post on the forum. My wife and I were almost on a commercial for our story.

PM me and I will give you my number if you are interest in the story.

When we're not riding, we're sleeping and dreaming of riding....what do you sleep on? We're considering a Sleep Number, King sized bed. Anyone here have any feedback, experience, or info you'd like to share about Sleep Number Beds?

Thanks

r1100rider
01-02-2017, 07:28 PM

Thanksthere are a lot of generic air beds out save the money that sleep number spends on TV adds and buy generic your body knows firmer or softer without the extra 1000 for a digital #

Spyder 42
01-02-2017, 08:11 PM
The master bed is a 15 year old Sleep Number Cal King. The two guest rooms have queen sized Sleep Number beds. Had to replace one pump (I then to change the settings a lot and weighed 300 pounds at one point). Very satisfied with them. Never had a sagging feeling with them.

HayRog
01-02-2017, 08:26 PM
Best investment we ever made considering a third of your life is spent on them !

Had ours for 15 years and love it. Briefly thought about upgrading last year but didn't need to spend cash on bells and whistles we didn't need. It ain't broke -- leave it alone.

Plyrod38
01-02-2017, 10:44 PM
We've had one for 10 plus years. Have the one with all the bells and whistles. No regrets.

jcthorne
01-03-2017, 10:12 AM
I have had a sleep number for about 15 years and really like. I did see someone mention the Air Pedic and I am going to need to replace my Sleep number soon. The Air Pedic looks interesting based on the 3 zones. My only complaint about the sleep number would be it is not adjustable top to bottom. How much do the Air Pedics run?

All in, we paid $1600 for our King Air-Pedic with shipping, dual multi zone electronic controls etc. Their beds are component based so if you get one that does not sleep well for you, they can exchange components, layers and covers to get you what you need rather than returning an entire bed. They were great to deal with and got us exactly what worked for us. Would not hesitate to buy from them again. Top quality made in USA components and foam.

Cavman
01-03-2017, 11:57 AM
As said above, loved mine so much I got one for the slide in pickup camper. If ya have to move it, deflate and roll it up. :yes: