PDA

View Full Version : Baja Ron Bar or Sway Bar for the F3

ussoldier
01-02-2017, 12:39 AM
I was looking for a comment about the Baja Ron Bar on a F3-S model. Some said it made difference and some said it made it worse. I know the bike has good handling and stability though I do have the nanny system F3-S 2016 model; however, does it make a difference? I know the RT made a difference but what about the F3-S model especially for those who switched from the RT to the F3-S models?

Peteoz
01-02-2017, 01:02 AM
I've got the 2016 F3-L, and it made a huge difference for me. Think of it as a "stabiliser" bar. Some say the F3 doesn't need it, and I can understand that as the F3 handles well, stock. However, for me, the Bajaron stabiliser bar really comes into its own on uneven surfaces. Previously, I always felt like I was going to spear off into the bush when cornering, or when travelling along a cambered, uneven road. That's gone for me now.

I have to say that I personally have not seen any comments that it makes handling worse, just that some say that they don't need it. The nanny does not kick in for me any differently with the bar, or without it. If you buy and install it, and you don't like it, you can always revert and sell it here. They are a pretty popular item.

Pete

cptjam
01-02-2017, 02:52 AM
I put in a lot of them, and everyone is very happy with it. The folks who say they don't feel the difference don't ride spirited enough to gain the benefit!!

Peteoz
01-02-2017, 03:31 AM
I put in a lot of them, and everyone is very happy with it. The folks who say they don't feel the difference don't ride spirited enough to gain the benefit!!

I find that you can notice the difference whether you are a "spirited" rider or not, Joe. Sure, the stabiliser helps when you ride "spiritedly", but it's that "planted" feeling even at slower speeds that makes me sing Ron's praises :thumbup:

hypurone
01-02-2017, 09:57 AM
Night and day difference. Mine was very nervous (due to a bad alignment I found out later) and it made a huge difference even with a poor alignment! My buddy has an F3-S as well and he doesn't have one on his, I leave him in the dust on every type of road that requires any amount of "handling" required....

armyspydervet
01-02-2017, 11:30 AM
I do not have a swaybar. I thought about buying one because of the way my F3-T handled. When at Spyderfest last year, Squared Away did my alignment and it was like a new bike. I'm not saying do not get the swaybar, but from my experience I recommend getting the alignment first and then determine if you still are not happy with your F3's handling. (Still may get a swaybar at some point).

Chupaca
01-02-2017, 01:28 PM
it all depends on how and where you ryde the most. You will be the only one to know for sure but if you can find someone with one that will let you test ryde you will know in a heartbeat....:thumbup: