PDA

View Full Version : Asking a favor concerning BRP driver's backrest for RT Comfort Seat

H2O
12-30-2016, 11:32 AM
I'm looking for a measurement of the length of the "legs" on a BRP RT Comfort Seat driver's backrest. I have the backrest for the production or stock seat and the measurement on that one is 6.5 inches from the end of the "legs" to the U-shaped crotch. I suspect the Comfort Seat backrest legs are shorter, I would just like to know for sure. Thank you and Happy New Year!

H2O

tmcquain
12-30-2016, 01:06 PM
I don't have the length, but I was told the bracket is what is different, that's why one won't fit the other..

SpyderNeil
12-30-2016, 06:08 PM
I'm looking for a measurement of the length of the "legs" on a BRP RT Comfort Seat driver's backrest. I have the backrest for the production or stock seat and the measurement on that one is 6.5 inches from the end of the "legs" to the U-shaped crotch. I suspect the Comfort Seat backrest legs are shorter, I would just like to know for sure. Thank you and Happy New Year!

H2O

Just measured mine, and it's 6.5. Must be as tmcquain (http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/member.php?22182-tmcquain) said, just a different bracket.

Neil

H2O
12-30-2016, 11:49 PM
Thanks for checking. I know the baseplate that bolts to the bottom of the seat is different between the two styles of backrests. I was speculating the legs would be shorter on the Comfort Seat backrest because it appears the Comfort Seat is not quite as thick as the production seat where the backrest legs go through, and if you order the replacement legs which allow for adjusting the backrest pad angle, there are different part numbers for the Comfort Seat backrest versus the production seat backrest.

H2O