PDA

View Full Version : Looking for trailer info

Red RT-S
12-28-2016, 09:21 AM
At the 2013 Spyderquest in Lake George, NY I met a fellow rider who had a trailer I was interested in. I wasn't in the market for a trailer at the time, but now I am and I would like to find out more information about this trailer. As I recall he said it was manufactured in Las Vegas. The distinguishing feature that interests me is that under the cargo box is a tank to carry extra gas. On the tongue of the trailer there is a box that contains a small electric pump and hose to transfer fuel from the tank to the bike. If any of you Spyder Lovers knows anything about this trailer I'd appreciate hearing from you either by PM or a reply to this post. Thanks in advance.

Bob Denman
12-28-2016, 09:31 AM
I don't have a link, but could it have been "JD Brand", from Las Vegas? :dontknow:

Bfromla
12-29-2016, 03:36 AM
At the 2013 Spyderquest in Lake George, NY I met a fellow rider who had a trailer I was interested in. I wasn't in the market for a trailer at the time, but now I am and I would like to find out more information about this trailer. As I recall he said it was manufactured in Las Vegas. The distinguishing feature that interests me is that under the cargo box is a tank to carry extra gas. On the tongue of the trailer there is a box that contains a small electric pump and hose to transfer fuel from the tank to the bike. If any of you Spyder Lovers knows anything about this trailer I'd appreciate hearing from you either by PM or a reply to this post. Thanks in advance.

You didnt take a pic?¿:(
The tank & pump could just be diy by a handy individual. Most others will add canshttp://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161229/2940b6f6464bb8807dfb1d77a124d0e5.jpghttp://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161229/9a7e779e6bc7c0afd0cc2d9f09c9f8db.jpg & a ez siphon hand pump just if you want to carry the extra stuff. Fyi my bud has one of these on his bike & loves it.
http://www.tourtanks.com/index.html

I am in-process of installing mine. Few more parts to acquire. Hope someone has the info you are looking for, i am curious.

Bob Denman
12-29-2016, 09:50 AM
I found a thread that briefly discusses the trailer in question:

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?35036-Trailer-w-Built-in-5-Gallon-fuel-Cell&highlight=fuel+trailer

Unfortunately; it seems that they no longer produce it.
Perhaps you could give them a call, and see what happened to their existing stock of them.
Good luck! :thumbup:

SL Ken
12-29-2016, 02:53 PM
I just called JD Brand and they said they have stopped making them because of cost. It sounds like they were custom manufactured to order. They may be persuaded into making one but the cost of the trailer, when they stopped making them a few years ago was over $3500. She said it was labor intensive. I don't think they are located in Las Vegas anymore. Their area code suggests either an outlying area in Nevada or the Reno area.

davechamp
12-29-2016, 06:41 PM
I bought a used Aluma trailer on craigslist, and a show chrome hitch with complete wiring harness and light control mod. works like a champ. Ran 600 miles with about 250lbs. in it, and did not even know it was there. Total cost about $1200.

Red RT-S
12-29-2016, 07:52 PM
Thanks to everyone on SL for the help. Guess I'll have to look for something else.

Bfromla
12-29-2016, 08:20 PM
Thanks to everyone on SL for the help. Guess I'll have to look for something else.
:lecturef_smilie::lecturef_smilie: Dont give up we all interested now:shocked: & will need you to confirm image when we find. :thumbup: Please

Bfromla
12-31-2016, 01:53 AM
I just called JD Brand and they said they have stopped making them because of cost. It sounds like they were custom manufactured to order. They may be persuaded into making one but the cost of the trailer, when they stopped making them a few years ago was over $3500. She said it was labor intensive. I don't think they are located in Las Vegas anymore. Their area code suggests either an outlying area in Nevada or the Reno area.

I didn't call but emailed & got same response, they did offer to build one if I made request. I asked for pics & specs to think about it. They do offer some custom built tanks, so if you like you can modify whatever trailer you like & have spare gas & pump too. Try Ebay too.