PDA

View Full Version : WIll not Start

Lone Spyder Ryder
12-27-2016, 07:07 PM
Happy New Year. Wishing you all the best in coming year.

when trying to start my 2013 Can Am Spyder SE5-S ST-Limited, when I turn the this screen comes up and that is as far as it will go trying to start it. Don't matter I do the starting process stops at this first screen. I had this problem when it was new. Had to pick up and taken to the Roseville Can Am store 3 times before they found out it had something to do with the foot brake sensor. There is no longer a store in Roseville so I can't take it there. This happened a couple months ago made an appointment to have it taken to Elk Grove dealer, but when the wrecker came to pick it up I tried one last time to start it. Started like it never had a problem. I turned it off and started it 3 more times and canceled the wrecker and appointment at Elk Grove.
It worked fine until a week ago.. Been trying to start it 4 or 5 times a day and that screen is as far as it will go. So I will send it back to another dealer and hope they can find out what the problem is. I would think that the problem would still be in the BRP repair records. Unless when the dealer closed all records when where ever they ended up.

Any and all help will be very much appreciate your help.

Leo

Bob Denman
12-27-2016, 07:11 PM
Does your bike still have it's original battery? :dontknow:
(You might be due for a replacement...)

Chupaca
12-27-2016, 07:21 PM
So when you press the mode button what happens..?? Normally you need to press the brake to start in gear. Good idea to press it anyway. Did you check the kill switch..?? Even a low battery should get you a click. Now if you can't get past that screen that can be the problem. If you can add a jumper to see if you are lacking power...:dontknow:

Lone Spyder Ryder
12-27-2016, 07:58 PM
Does your bike still have it's original battery? :dontknow:
(You might be due for a replacement...)

Battery is 14 months old. Tested out fine at O'Reilly. I keep it on a trickle charger Thanks for the reply

Lone Spyder Ryder
12-27-2016, 08:03 PM
So when you press the mode button what happens..?? Normally you need to press the brake to start in gear. Good idea to press it anyway. Did you check the kill switch..?? Even a low battery should get you a click. Now if you can't get past that screen that can be the problem. If you can add a jumper to see if you are lacking power...:dontknow: I am starting it like I have always started it. Yes I did all the things you suggested. I don't think it will start without your foot on the break, checked kill switch ( that one got me on my 08) thanks for the reply.

rmag
12-27-2016, 08:46 PM
The terminals seem to loosen over time. I had this come up early last year. Sure enough one had come loose. Blueknight Mike tipped me off to putting star washers on the terminals to avoid this issue from happening again, works like a charm!!!!