PDA

View Full Version : Extra O-ring in my filter kit??

Mazo EMS2
12-27-2016, 03:55 PM
So, I ordered the oil change kit from BajaRon, and it seems I got an extra o-ring. I got the 2 crush washers, and I got the larger o-ring that goes between the housing and the oil filter canister, but I also have a second o-ring that is a bit smaller, same thickness, but smaller in diameter. I emailed Ron to ask what it's for but he might be away from work....So...what say you guys? I didn't see an o-ring this size when I drained everything, and I don't see anywhere that one this size may have been stuck.

Thanks....

Rick

Chupaca
12-27-2016, 04:02 PM
you must be talking about the 1330 maybe....That engine has two orings on the one drain plug. the filter cap has an oring as well. The 990 engine has only the oring for the filter cap and two if the SE model. :dontknow:

billybovine
12-27-2016, 05:15 PM
We could be of more help if you did not keep the model, year and trans type of your Spyder a mystery!!!!

I will make a wild guess that you have a 998 engine. So if it is a manual. You need 2 crush washers, 1 oil filter and 1 o-ring for the engine oil filter. If it is a semi 2 crush washers, 2 oil filters and 2 o-rings.

Mazo EMS2
12-27-2016, 05:48 PM
Thanks guys...I do have the 998 SM5, and if this filter is meant to fit multiple motors/transmissions, then the mystery is solved. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't going completely nuts. I was pretty darn sure there was only one o-ring last time I changed it. Thanks for helping me keep my sanity...:bowdown:

billybovine
12-27-2016, 05:58 PM
So you got an extra o-ring by mistake.

BajaRon
12-27-2016, 10:52 PM
So you got an extra o-ring by mistake.

Bingo! You win the prize!

Sorry for not answering sooner. It appears that we accidentally sent you a seal kit for an SE5. The 2nd O-Ring is for the trans filter which you do not have. Sorry for the confusion.

Happy New Year! (Our Future is Still Ahead of Us!)

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-Mz_sIqDKxk0/UDBmh6VINzI/AAAAAAAACVw/ZcrwF82Vr4I/s1600/august+18+023.JPG

Mazo EMS2
12-28-2016, 03:37 PM
Bingo! You win the prize!

Sorry for not answering sooner. It appears that we accidentally sent you a seal kit for an SE5. The 2nd O-Ring is for the trans filter which you do not have. Sorry for the confusion.

Happy New Year! (Our Future is Still Ahead of Us!)

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-Mz_sIqDKxk0/UDBmh6VINzI/AAAAAAAACVw/ZcrwF82Vr4I/s1600/august+18+023.JPG

Not a problem Ron!! Thanks for the reply.....the good folks of S/L had your back in your absence. Gotta love it:yes: