PDA

View Full Version : TxT in Forum

rkba101
12-25-2016, 08:56 PM
Many times when I try to type or reply into a forum the spacebar doesnt work?? Do I have something set wrong? Thanks Phil..

billybovine
12-25-2016, 09:36 PM
Me too. It's been going on for the last 4 or 5 weeks I think. Only sometimes. Only when I do a quote. Only below the quote.

No solution but my work around is to type my reply above the quote, if the space bar does not work below the quote.

P.S. Seems to happen when the quote has a lot of emoticons in it.

JayBros
12-25-2016, 10:40 PM
I have found the same problem; had it today sending a reply to a PM.

noboot
12-26-2016, 12:02 AM
Me too, I had a bit of a workaround for it but I can't remember what it was :opps:

Chupaca
12-26-2016, 12:50 AM
Me too. It's been going on for the last 4 or 5 weeks I think. Only sometimes. Only when I do a quote. Only below the quote.

No solution but my work around is to type my reply above the quote, if the space bar does not work below the quote.

What I have found that works is to press preview post then scroll down and continue to write. Spacebar will work then. :dontknow:

Trbayth
12-26-2016, 09:02 AM
Me too. I found that if I just hit Enter, then backspace to remove the Enter, the space bar starts working again.

Doesn't happen all the time but has happened on Mac's and Chromebook's

Bob Denman
12-26-2016, 09:05 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jSospSmAGL4

Trbayth
12-26-2016, 09:11 AM
Actually I just did some Googling. It's a bug in either vBulletin (the software that drives these forums,) the plugin editor that allows rich entry of colors, fonts, and emoji, and Chrome version 54.

This forum is also using an old version of vBulletin (scroll all the way to the bottom of the page.) It's using version 4.x and vBulletin says they're focusing all their work on version 5.x.

Here's the thread if anyone is interested: https://www.vbulletin.com/forum/forum/vbulletin-4/vbulletin-4-questions-problems-and-troubleshooting/4356452-space-bar-not-working-on-reply

rkba101
12-26-2016, 09:36 AM
Thanks. Very fustrating till you find out your not the lone ranger.. LOL

Large1
12-26-2016, 09:40 AM
Had the same problem! I just type a period then backspace and type away

JimVonBaden
12-26-2016, 11:03 AM

Thishasbeenmyproblemtoo,veryannoyingsinceIdonotloo katthescreenwhenItype!

This has been my problem too, very annoying since I do not look at the screen when I type! (fixed)

This is the only site that does this.

pegasus1300
12-26-2016, 11:27 AM
Wow I thought it was my computer or web browser. Nice to know it is the site.

robhowen
12-26-2016, 12:26 PM
What browser are you using? Are you using Chrome? I ask because I'm just now having the same problem and I mainly use Chrome. I'm using Safari this moment to be able to reply to this message. I know Google just made some changes to Chrome and I'm wondering if this is the source of our space bar problem and if there is an incompatibility between the forum software and the browser.

Rob

pegasus1300
12-26-2016, 12:37 PM
I use Maxthon

Bob Denman
12-26-2016, 12:42 PM
IE 11 here...

billybovine
12-26-2016, 02:08 PM
Yes it's a problem with Chrome browser version 54 or later and Vbulletin 4.
It only happens below the quote for me. Just input above the quote like this. Not like look below. No need to change browsers.

What browser are you using? Are you using Chrome? I ask because I'm just now having the same problem and I mainly use Chrome. I'm using Safari this moment to be able to reply to this message. I know Google just made some changes to Chrome and I'm wondering if this is the source of our space bar problem and if there is an incompatibility between the forum software and the browser.

Rob

Yesit'saproblemwithChromebrouserversion54orlateran dVbulletin4.

robhowen
12-26-2016, 02:59 PM
Billybovine, interesting discovery. I'm using Chrome right now and typing above the quote, and then I deleted the quote. If I delete the quote prior to typing it's doesn't work. Thanks for the tip!
Rob

rkba101
12-26-2016, 03:08 PM

Rob
Chromeanditisstuckagain

ARtraveler
12-26-2016, 03:16 PM
Ihopeyoufolksgetthisfiguredout.

I hope you folks get this figured out. :clap:

JimVonBaden
12-26-2016, 03:18 PM

Rob
Same in Chrome and Explorer.

Bob Denman
12-26-2016, 05:58 PM
IE 11 acts a bit wonky at times also. I usually just back out, and go somewhere else in the forum for a little while. Things seems to work better when I come back. :dontknow:

OJ UK
01-01-2017, 09:29 AM
Happens to me and I'm using Opera/Win 7 .....I type my reply In Notepad then copy and paste into the forum.

IdahoMtnSpyder
01-01-2017, 09:46 AM
I haven't noticed the problem at all. I mostly use Firefox and an old style IBM keyboard.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

Bob Denman
01-01-2017, 09:57 AM
Could this have anything to do with the compatibility View settings? :dontknow: