PDA

View Full Version : Need help from In Grain Valley Mo

MOSESS
12-24-2016, 01:01 PM
I am booking a trip to Grain Valley ,Missouri in August, Where should I not stay when visiting ......thanks,

Chupaca
12-24-2016, 02:03 PM
I would say....don't stay in the bus station...:roflblack: check hotels.com for ratings, check B & B's or even Airbnb for good places....:thumbup:

Joerolwing
12-24-2016, 02:31 PM
Grain Valley is right on the Interstate so you should have plenty of options. You might want to visit the Arabia Steamboat Museum in Kansas City if you have an interest in this topic.

Bfromla
12-24-2016, 02:33 PM
Years ago (2000)when I did field service work for a cell tower company I joined Choice hotels rewards program ,they were the better priced & offered the most. That was great for a year or so then I found another job or 3 & finally just wanted to go on a vacation. I looked up the old info & tried :roflblack: & they still had me on file & I was able to get back to earning points & free nights in no time. :firstplace: They have enough hotels & all are in good shape, most offer continental breakfast :coffee: I can vouch for the RSVP guarantee (reserve a room & arrive b4 11:am nxt day) & you will have a room:firstplace: This was a big problem for me on field work & saved my tail a few timesnojoke Has been great for my spyder trips as well :bowdown:
Happy i joined :yes: Just wished I could travel more:rolleyes:

https://www.choicehotels.com/choice-privileges

Buckeye Bleau
12-24-2016, 02:33 PM
Grain Valley is right on the Interstate so you should have plenty of options. You might want to visit the Arabia Steamboat Museum in Kansas City if you have an interest in this topic.

:agree: That museum is quite unique and worthy of a stop. Learned so much about history there that you will not find anywhere else. Good idea!
Joe

MOSESS
12-24-2016, 03:52 PM
thank you we found a pretty cool place, There is an event called the roundup that is held the first week of august .This year it will be held in Grain Valley, I will make sure we stop at the museum, My wife and I love hitting the museums every where we go. . Thanks.

drhunt204
12-24-2016, 08:01 PM
Now, I understand that you were not asking about Kansas City; but because it is close to Grain Valley and others may be going to KC in the future I wanted to sing the praises of a place I stayed a couple of years ago. It is called the Hotel Phillips. It is located in downtown KC, near the Power and Light District, a popular area for dining in Kansas City. When I stayed there, I was enchanted by the décor and great service. Plus, you can walk to the Power and Light District and enjoy dinner. Here is a link to the hotel (I have no ties or financial interest in the Hotel Phillips). I just had a very nice weekend stay there two years ago.

http://www.hotelphillips.com/

Centurion
12-25-2016, 08:48 PM
If you are anywhere near KC, I highly recommend visiting the National World War One Museum. It is located in downtown KC adjacent to Union Station and the Crown Center (both worth visiting as well). The WW1 Museum is fascinating with interesting exhibits, fascinating displays and emotionally moving stories of sacrifice during the Great War.

rkba101
12-25-2016, 08:51 PM
Trip Advisor has been good to me.. Try the website out and there is an app.