PDA

View Full Version : Revco Front bumper installed

MOSESS
12-23-2016, 08:28 PM
Guys I installed the front bumper today. Install instructions are very good, You can do this by yourself, Start by removing the frump lining , I then drove the rt up onto a car ramps, make sure to put the e brake on. In the kit you will see a bracket that has two square holes in it and 2 smaller though holes to the out side. I know I should have taken pics, lay the bracket in the frunk over the square molding that sticks up. I used a 5/16th drill bit. in the instructions it says to remove the bottom center cover, I left that on so I can spot the Delete repeated word holes with the 5/16th drill. Once you drill the holes. Remove the center cover, take a 3/4 hole saw and open those holes. one more thing to do to the cover, Notch the cover 1/2 in wide by 1-1/4. at this time remove the other two covers. you will see this in the instructions. tools you will need, 1/4inch drive socket wrench with a 10mm socket and one small Allen wrench say 1/8th . sense most of us are alone when we will do this job I had to improvise a little now the fun begins, Install the center cover, now is the time you will install the bumper. in the hardware packet take the two 6mm bolts along with lock washer and flat washer and set them to the side under the Rt where you can reach them. lift the bumper up and install the Allen wrench on one side and try as you may to install one bolt. got it good now lift the front of the bumper and install one of the shoulder bolts from the bottom up install nylock nut and washer. then do the next one, got it good, then head back underneath and install the 6mm bolt where you had the Allen wrench . You can now tighten those two bolts. you can now install the other two covers while your down there.. once up tighten the two 10mm nuts in the frunk and then install the frunk lining. job is done clean up finger prints and tools .This is my first post of this kind. Thanks guys what you think 141724

JayD
12-23-2016, 08:31 PM
I also found it very easy to install. It will definitely save the front of my RTS from curb damage.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Bob Denman
12-24-2016, 08:45 AM
:clap: It's looking GREAT! :congrats: on the successful conclusion to this project! :2thumbs:

MOSESS
12-24-2016, 09:21 AM
Bob thanks, I have been on a mission to make it mine. I really enjoy taking it to the next level , now all I need is a turbo .lol no just joking. thanks.

rkba101
12-24-2016, 03:22 PM
Looks nice. There was actually drilling though? Where did you buy the bumper?? Thanks and ride safe.. God Bless..

MOSESS
12-24-2016, 04:01 PM
There are two holes that is needed to be drilled. The two holes are in the frunk, Christmas came early from Revco. Also few other goodies waiting to be installed. If your close by ill help you with install.

rkba101
12-24-2016, 05:50 PM
There are two holes that is needed to be drilled. The two holes are in the frunk, Christmas came early from Revco. Also few other goodies waiting to be installed. If your close by ill help you with install.

Live in Florida next to Jacksonville.

Ron2andia
12-24-2016, 08:50 PM
Nice work.:clap:

MOSESS
12-25-2016, 01:45 PM
Thanks guys .Fl is a bit far so I wish I could help you .When you get the bumper contact me ill send my number ill walk you through it. You just have to be handy that's all . Merry Christmas.

rkba101
12-25-2016, 06:01 PM
[QUOTE=MOSESS;1212115]Thanks guys .Fl is a bit far so I wish I could help you .When you get the bumper contact me ill send my number ill walk you through it. You just have to be handy that's all . Merry Christmas.[/Q

Im pretty good with my hands. Merry Christmas to you and your family also..