PDA

View Full Version : Air ride checking

Leemorin
12-18-2016, 01:03 PM
Does anyone know the best way to check the air ride. I don't seem to feel any difference where ever I put the setting. I don't hear any air when I shut off the bike.xxx

Roadster Renovations
12-18-2016, 01:34 PM
You can raise the seat and on the passenger side is a schrader valve that you can check the pressure on. You can also dump the air out and start the byke while sitting one it. You will need to take the p brake off and put it into gear for the compressor to work. It may take a few seconds to start working. If it hasn't come on in 30 seconds or so, then it is MIA. You can then shut down and air it up through the schrader manually (no more than 80 psi) and let it sit while checking the pressure. Just remember, you are going to lose a bit of air from checking. I am sure if I have missed anything, others will add more....

2dogs
12-18-2016, 02:00 PM
I put an FOBO on mine. If you do that too, you can see in real time what the air ride system is doing.

Peteoz
12-18-2016, 02:56 PM
I put an FOBO on mine. If you do that too, you can see in real time what the air ride system is doing.

I put a FOBO on mine too. One thing I noticed, because I screwed up the configuration a few times, is that nearly all the air escaped from the airbag simply by removing and replacing the FOBO cap about 10 times. I didn't hear any air escaping, like you do with the tyres. Not really relevant to your issue, Lee, but an interesting aside.

2dogs
12-19-2016, 01:59 AM
[QUOTE=Peteoz;1210370]I put a FOBO on mine too. One thing I noticed, because I screwed up the configuration a few times, is that nearly all the air escaped from the airbag simply by removing and replacing the FOBO cap about 10 times. I didn't hear any air escaping, like you do with the tyres. Not really relevant to your issue, Lee, but an interesting aside.[/QUOTE

Does your FOBO show pressures changing all the time? I run my airbag pressure setting one up from the bottom setting. That's about 35 psi in the FOBO. Checking it every 15/20 minutes or so the FOBO shows the pressure very from 16 psi to 42 psi. Overnight and before my first start up the pressure is "0". When riding 2up the FOBO frequently sounds its alarm as the pressure exceeds 80 psi. What's been your experience?

Roadster Renovations
12-19-2016, 08:42 AM
[QUOTE=Peteoz;1210370]I put a FOBO on mine too. One thing I noticed, because I screwed up the configuration a few times, is that nearly all the air escaped from the airbag simply by removing and replacing the FOBO cap about 10 times. I didn't hear any air escaping, like you do with the tyres. Not really relevant to your issue, Lee, but an interesting aside.[/QUOTE

Does your FOBO show pressures changing all the time? I run my airbag pressure setting one up from the bottom setting. That's about 35 psi in the FOBO. Checking it every 15/20 minutes or so the FOBO shows the pressure very from 16 psi to 42 psi. Overnight and before my first start up the pressure is "0". When riding 2up the FOBO frequently sounds its alarm as the pressure exceeds 80 psi. What's been your experience?

If it is 0 overnight, you have a leak somewhere. Make sure they check the bottom of the airbag.

cognaccruiser
12-19-2016, 11:38 AM
Might just want to check that the valve stem in the Schrader under your seat is tight too.

Gary

Peteoz
12-19-2016, 02:58 PM
.......but it's none of those.....I haven't had a chance to monitor it on the road yet, 2dogs.....but I will today when I head to the dealer for my tensioner install, laser alignment and belt adjust.....it doesn't happen overnight, Doc, as it normally maintains the pressure very well.

Sorry, I didn't explain it very well. I bought a new FOBO for the shock (already have them on the tyres). I then installed it without reading the manual on how to change the configuration on my iPhone, which necessitated me disabling/releasing/removing etc the sensors about 10 times till I got it right:opps:. I lost about 3 psi out of each tyre, which you would expect, and all the air out of the airbag, which I didn't expect, as I didn't hear any air escaping. I pumped it up again, and it's fine.

My post was only intended for info.......sorry Lee, I didn't mean to hijack your thread.:thumbup:

Peteoz
12-20-2016, 02:53 PM

On the manual adjust F3-L, the pressure stays the same overnight, 2dogs. (I run around 50psi). On yesterday's 3 hour trip (temps between 90-100), the FOBO showed the pressure varying between that minimum and around 65psi. Not 2 up, but I do weigh in at around 310. I will have to recalibrate my max pressure setting before my return trip today as I had it set at 60, so the alarm was constantly going off.