PDA

View Full Version : Why we crash......

bcer960
12-17-2016, 07:17 PM
here's an interesting report about motorcycle crash's :banghead:

http://www.revzilla.com/common-tread/what-virginia-tech-learned-about-how-and-why-we-crash-our-motorcycles

Ray

Chupaca
12-17-2016, 10:15 PM
Must have been a fun study....luckly we don't fall over...:yes:

JimVonBaden
12-17-2016, 10:54 PM
Very cool!

Bfromla
12-18-2016, 12:51 AM
Few good solid answers pointed out in the article:2thumbs: But they missed the obvious :shocked:

youngers
12-18-2016, 07:40 AM
:roflblack: hahahaha now that the kid is famous , he must have gone far ! and the study , all done in California ! hahhhaha ! o.k. I admit , that at tee intersections , and I bet at most , I have a habit , {trying too curb } of sort of roll up, look quick , and roll out of the stop . with out putting foot down . sort of what a lot of folks east call a " California stop " ... I have too tell myself , too put the foot down , at the stops ! but now winter is here , and I have too re-learn that tip :shocked: ..... { in the study , it is unusual , well seems that way , that rear end accidents are common for cycles , that the bikes hit the stopped autos .. }

SPYD3R
12-18-2016, 07:59 AM
GR8 ARTICLE, THX....
SPYD3R

Bob Denman
12-18-2016, 08:26 AM
It seems that intersections are more than just where roads meet...

It's also a place where (all too often...) fun meets up with disaster! nojoke

SteveP
12-18-2016, 09:15 AM
Among motorcycle people the common knowledge ( opinion) has always been that most accidents were caused by cars . Even during the Spyder course I took , the instructors spent a lot of time talking about the danger of cars rear ending motorcycles and entering your lane on corners . Although I have had a few scares on the Spyder I think they are much more visible to cars and trucks than smaller bikes ..... Hoping . I got rear ended while sitting at a stop light in my full size Dodge Ram 3 weeks ago , hit hard enough that my glasses and Cochlear implants flew onto the dash ... $3500 damage to my truck and 17 year old kid's Jeep Liberty wrote off , this at an intersection near my home that I stop at almost every time we go out on the Spyder . If I was on the Spyder ( and with my wife on the back) ..... ...:pray::pray: It has jaded me a bit for sure just knowing sometimes there is nothing you can do to avoid it ( no real escape route where it happened ) Hope I can get past this being stuck in my head in the spring when Ryding season begins