PDA

View Full Version : Windshield and support frame removal RT 2014

agedbikeman
12-16-2016, 12:44 PM
Does anyone know how to remove the windshield support frame, I needed to remove this so I could remove the tupperware behind the windshield. I removed the windshield ok, next I undid the 6 screws that the winshield support frame appeared to be held on with expecting the frame to fall off or easily pull off but no it still seems as solid as if I'd not removed the 6 screws.

According to my ws manual it is held on by 3 pins and C clips, but my one has 6 screws. It's a 2014 RT and so is my ws manual, I'm baffled can anyone help?

Thanks in advance

Alex

Doc - Riverside
12-16-2016, 12:49 PM
Does anyone know how to remove the windshield support frame, I needed to remove this so I could remove the tupperware behind the windshield. I removed the windshield ok, next I undid the 6 screws that the winshield support frame appeared to be held on with expecting the frame to fall off or easily pull off but no it still seems as solid as if I'd not removed the 6 screws.

According to my ws manual it is held on by 3 pins and C clips, but my one has 6 screws. It's a 2014 RT and so is my ws manual, I'm baffled can anyone help?

Thanks in advance

Alex

Remove one screw from each pin and push the pin out. Recommend wrapping a shop towel around the frame before removing the screw or pin. It will save the headache of trying to find them if dropped.

PW2013STL
12-16-2016, 02:41 PM
Remove one screw from each pin and push the pin out. Recommend wrapping a shop towel around the frame before removing the screw or pin. It will save the headache of trying to find them if dropped.

As Doc said, but if yours is like mine you may have to tap the pins out.

agedbikeman
12-16-2016, 03:15 PM
As Doc said, but if yours is like mine you may have to tap the pins out.

Yes looks like mine is like yours, did try tapping the pins but didn't want to tap too hard, also looks like the locktighters have been at it again.

Thanks for your input

noboot
12-16-2016, 03:56 PM
I agree with all above, Once you remove the two screws off the arm, and pop off the Black washer (sleeve) you should be able to tap out the pins and repeat for the other arms and that's it.

Make sure you have some sort of Towel or cloth to prevent any parts falling down and into the depts of the bike.

PMK
12-16-2016, 04:10 PM
Our 14 had the pins slightly corrode, making removal slightly more difficult. I put a few washers, with an ID to allow the bushing to fit inside. On the top of the washer stack, I placed a smaller ID washer to support the screwhead. Using a longer screw, I was able to draw the bushings out. I did remove the slight corrosion with Scotchbrite, obtaining a slip fit.