PDA

View Full Version : Question re cell phone operation

kenr57
12-14-2016, 01:07 PM
I have a 2014 RT Limited and cannot get the cell phone to operate properly. I have the GPS (Zumo 660) paired to my iPhone 7 and have my headsets wired to the BRP 7 pin connector. The communication cable has also been installed. I get great reception with the am/fm audio function along with receiving GPS instructions, all through the headset.

Problem: When the bike is stationary, I can make a perfect call or receive a perfect call through the Bluetooth function of the GPS. However, when the bike is moving, I can still receive a call or make a call, but I cannot transmit and the caller cannot hear me.

Does anyone else have this problem or know what the problem may be?

I have ordered the Cell Phone Interface Kit (item 219400390) but don't know if this is the answer since the manual says that it is not needed if the communication cable is installed. ????? Now at a complete loss :pray:

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Ken

Devious56
12-14-2016, 07:13 PM
I had the same problem, as the phone is paired to your GPS, so when you get a call, or want to call, you have to talk to the GPS which will talk to your phone. I had to pair my phone to my helmet in order to use the phone. I hope that makes sense?

David

stevedfive
12-14-2016, 11:09 PM
I sent you a PM.

kenr57
12-15-2016, 08:21 AM
I had the same problem, as the phone is paired to your GPS, so when you get a call, or want to call, you have to talk to the GPS which will talk to your phone. I had to pair my phone to my helmet in order to use the phone. I hope that makes sense?

David

Thanks, David. Yes it makes sense if you have the "wireless headsets." My headsets are "hard wired" from the headset to the audio system through a 7 pin connector and cannot be paired.

Ken

Devious56
12-15-2016, 06:14 PM
Thanks, David. Yes it makes sense if you have the "wireless headsets." My headsets are "hard wired" from the headset to the audio system through a 7 pin connector and cannot be paired.

Ken

Whata I was trying to say, is if you do not have a mike, then the only way to talk on your phone thru the GPS would be thru the mike on the GPS, Not very practical going down the road. I hope I am wrong, but that is how it worked on my RT, but my headsets weren't hard wired. Do you have a mike wired into your system?

ceyer69
12-15-2016, 06:47 PM
I am having the same issue on my 2015 RT S

I have a 2014 RT Limited and cannot get the cell phone to operate properly. I have the GPS (Zumo 660) paired to my iPhone 7 and have my headsets wired to the BRP 7 pin connector. The communication cable has also been installed. I get great reception with the am/fm audio function along with receiving GPS instructions, all through the headset.

Problem: When the bike is stationary, I can make a perfect call or receive a perfect call through the Bluetooth function of the GPS. However, when the bike is moving, I can still receive a call or make a call, but I cannot transmit and the caller cannot hear me.

Does anyone else have this problem or know what the problem may be?

I have ordered the Cell Phone Interface Kit (item 219400390) but don't know if this is the answer since the manual says that it is not needed if the communication cable is installed. ????? Now at a complete loss :pray:

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Ken

stevedfive
12-15-2016, 09:31 PM
I talked to Ken. He installed the cellphone interface cable and now it works. He has a little static but I think that's a ground issue.

ceyer69
03-26-2017, 01:52 PM
I installed the cellphone interface link cable and it works great now! My dad had the same thing done but he has a hard time hearing the other person when he answers a call. Checked all his settings to match mine and the only way he can hear is turn the radio volume up when he get a call but then he gets annoyed by the radio playing when you quit talking. Must be an issue somewhere......