PDA

View Full Version : F# Seat Replacement

DaveRT90
12-13-2016, 10:47 PM
Hi guys, I have a 2015 F3-S. I want to replace the seat for a more comfortable seat. I would like to hear your opinions on what make is the most comfortable for long rides. I have looked at Carbin, Mustang, and the Cannonball. If you know of any other seat that is more comfortable than these would like to hear about it. Thank you.

Peteoz
12-13-2016, 11:25 PM
Sorry Dave, but it's not that simple because every human is built differently. Many find the Corbin too hard, while others love it because once it has broken in after 1000miles it gives all day support. I tried the Cannonball, and while it is a little better than stock, it is not that much better, but some love it. The Mustang is usually seen as the best off the shelf option generally, as is Ultimate, but they don't make F3 seats (unless they have started since I last checked). There is a great thread on here where someone did an exhaustive comparison of 3 seats. Sorry, but I can't remember what it was called, but a search should locate it. If I remember what it was, I'll post the link. What I am saying is that what works for one individual may not work for another.

If you want "guaranteed" comfort, the best bet is Russell Daylong. They will take your current seat (or you can buy a cheap used one on eBay), along with photos of you on your current seat, and will modify/build a seat that suits your particular requirements and size. They "guarantee" comfort, so you can send it back for mods until it's perfect. I am on my fourth, and they are essential for me to give me more legroom for my 6'7" frame, and also more support for my 310lb gut.;)

Have a good search on the forum though, as this question has been asked and answered many times, and you will find plenty of valuable information to help you make a call.

Here's the link......it's for a tall guy, but the research he has done is superb.
http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?97686-Three-Seat-Comparisons-for-a-Tall-Guy&highlight=Seat+comparison

Pete

trikermutha
12-14-2016, 12:40 AM
Ultimate seat turned out to be my best seat yet for me. All Tushy's are not the same. You will get all kinds of feedback on this topic. :yikes:

Peteoz
12-14-2016, 02:07 AM
Ultimate seat turned out to be my best seat yet for me. All Tushy's are not the same. You will get all kinds of feedback on this topic. :yikes:

.....and there's a fairly typical issue in the search for the "right" seat, Trikermutha.....Your Ultimate might be great for you on your RT, but the OP has an F3, and Ultimate do not make seats for F3s, only backrests.;) It really can send you round the twist:banghead:

Copperman
12-14-2016, 04:17 AM
Your Ultimate might be great for you on your RT, but the OP has an F3, and Ultimate do not make seats for F3s, only backrests.;)

I recently read that Ultimate Seats will be making a seat for the F3. It should be ready for Spring delivery.

BamaJohn
12-14-2016, 05:07 AM
Sorry Dave, but it's not that simple because every human is built differently. Many find the Corbin too hard, while others love it because once it has broken in after 1000miles it gives all day support. I tried the Cannonball, and while it is a little better than stock, it is not that much better, but some love it. The Mustang is usually seen as the best off the shelf option generally, as is Ultimate, but they don't make F3 seats (unless they have started since I last checked). There is a great thread on here where someone did an exhaustive comparison of 3 seats. Sorry, but I can't remember what it was called, but a search should locate it. If I remember what it was, I'll post the link. What I am saying is that what works for one individual may not work for another.

If you want "guaranteed" comfort, the best bet is Russell Daylong. They will take your current seat (or you can buy a cheap used one on eBay), along with photos of you on your current seat, and will modify/build a seat that suits your particular requirements and size. They "guarantee" comfort, so you can send it back for mods until it's perfect. I am on my fourth, and they are essential for me to give me more legroom for my 6'7" frame, and also more support for my 310lb gut.;)

Have a good search on the forum though, as this question has been asked and answered many times, and you will find plenty of valuable information to help you make a call.

Here's the link......it's for a tall guy, but the research he has done is superb.
http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?97686-Three-Seat-Comparisons-for-a-Tall-Guy&highlight=Seat+comparison

Pete

Russell Day Long for me too....on my 4th one. jb

jcthorne
12-14-2016, 07:27 AM
Could not be more pleased with my Russel Day Long on my F3-S

GA_Spyderman
12-14-2016, 07:40 AM
Another vote for the Russell Day Long. [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

trikermutha
12-14-2016, 09:38 AM
.....and there's a fairly typical issue in the search for the "right" seat, Trikermutha.....Your Ultimate might be great for you on your RT, but the OP has an F3, and Ultimate do not make seats for F3s, only backrests.;) It really can send you round the twist:banghead:

I agree but did not know Ultimate did not have a seat yet for the F3 models. The Ultimate seat would be a nice option for the F3 as my experience has worked well for me on my RT :thumbup:

Maybe Ultimate seat will chime in on this topic also??

Peteoz
12-14-2016, 02:23 PM
I agree but did not know Ultimate did not have a seat yet for the F3 models. The Ultimate seat would be a nice option for the F3 as my experience has worked well for me on my RT :thumbup:

Maybe Ultimate seat will chime in on this topic also??

......and my comment wasn't supposed to be any sort of criticism of you, Trikermutha, because every bit of info helps:clap:. It was just to highlight how frustrating the search for a new seat can be:thumbup:

Rogue Hawk
12-14-2016, 02:32 PM
Sorry Dave, but it's not that simple because every human is built differently.
Pete

Butt prints are unique

KJWEB
12-14-2016, 04:27 PM
One must ask themselves before deciding on which seat to get...."does the seat make my butt look big!" :shocked:

I have the Cannonball seat for now....I'll see how well it does come next year's riding season.

JP58
12-14-2016, 09:20 PM
Just sent my seat in for my 15 RT-S to Russell Daylong. Is my second seat and is the best seat I've ever had.

GA_Spyderman
12-14-2016, 10:16 PM
That's the only downside of RDL; but the winter is a good time to be without it for a few weeks. Can't ride much anyway.

trikermutha
12-15-2016, 12:38 AM
......and my comment wasn't supposed to be any sort of criticism of you, Trikermutha, because every bit of info helps:clap:. It was just to highlight how frustrating the search for a new seat can be:thumbup:

Never thought it was.. :thumbup:

Peteoz
12-15-2016, 03:32 AM
That's the only downside of RDL; but the winter is a good time to be without it for a few weeks. Can't ride much anyway.

You can usually find someone on here who will lend you a spare seat for a month if you are one of the lucky ones who doesn't have to own a snow shovel:clap:. They are a pretty generous bunch on here :thumbup: