PDA

View Full Version : Promo interest rate discrepancy

Stumpy6Guns
12-08-2016, 11:12 PM
I noticed that there are two different promo interest rates being used in current ads. The promo rate mentioned on the Can-Am BRP site is 0%, but the promo rate mentioned on the dealer site is 0.9%. Both are through Sheffield Financing.

Which rate is correct?

Here are the two sites:

http://can-am.brp.com/spyder/promotions/sales-event/offer2.html
http://teamecc.com/Showroom/OEM-Promotions/Promotion-Details/PromotionId/09b983f5-eb5b-4d08-b72b-a65600846966

Chiisai
12-08-2016, 11:54 PM
They are both correct.

The 0% will have a shorter length to the loan.
The 0.9% has a longer length to the loan.

The 0% interest will, of course, have a higher monthly payment because it is for a shorter period of time.
The 0.9% interest will have a lower monthly payment because it is for a longer period of time.

I know this because I recently purchased a new 2016 RT Limited using Sheffield. I told the salesman that I wanted to use the 0% instead of the money rebate. At the time I was unaware there was an option of 0.9%. At closing I discussed with the closer what I wanted my monthly payment to be; he calculated it all out and the 0% interest was at least $100.00 more a month for a shorter loan length. The closer suggested that I used the 0.9% for the longer period of time with a smaller monthly payment.

I actually made out pretty good because I asked for a couple of comps to make up for the longer length in my loan.
The dealer where I purchased my Spyder rolled out the red carpet for me when I was shopping for my Spyder; the comps were substantial.

Stumpy6Guns
12-09-2016, 12:40 AM
Both ads state 60 months, though. A longer term will have lower payments, but could cost more over the term of the loan.

Copperman
12-09-2016, 08:44 AM
How interesting. Back in July when my wife bought her F3 Limited she got the 0.0% interest from BRP. It was only offered for six months and then she refinanced for 1.85% with Altra Federal Credit Union.

Bob Denman
12-09-2016, 08:47 AM
Could this just be a case of one site needing to be updated a bit quicker? :dontknow:

ARtraveler
12-09-2016, 03:19 PM
Calculate the one which will be better for you and then invoke the printed deal you want to accept. As long as it is current, BRP/Sheffield will have to honor it.