PDA

View Full Version : so i had nothing to do today, so i went looking

cuznjohn
12-06-2016, 12:59 PM
and i saw this MOTO GUZZI 1400, like the rocket lll i bought, there is something about big bikes that attracts me, i really don't need another bike, but this one made me come home and look it up. it's around 17k stock, has fly by wire, cruise control, ABS and 3 levels of traction control.

http://www.morebikes.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/003_Moto-Guzzi_Eldorado4.jpg

Cruzr Joe
12-06-2016, 01:01 PM
BUT ............................. IT IS A TIPOVER.

Cruzr Joe

Saluda
12-06-2016, 01:10 PM
Nice looking.
Gravity does that.

lou49
12-06-2016, 01:25 PM
Nice looking.
Gravity does that. Could it be, Fatal atraccion!:roflblack:

cuznjohn
12-06-2016, 01:38 PM
692 pounds, my wing was heavier. and i could only imagine how much heat comes off the heads of the motor, next to each knee. i complained about the heat on my 13 rtl. here are some specs

Eldorado Standard Features:

- 1400 V-TWIN producing explosive torque of 87 ft. lbs. at just 2750 rpm

- 96 hp at 6500 rpm
- Innovative elastic engine mounts for zero vibrations and total riding comfort
- 6-speed gearbox
- Traction Control - (MGTC) Adjustable 3-stage
- Ride-by-wire, three engine maps: Touring, Sport, Rain
- Electronic cruise control
- Unique polyellipsoidal shaped headlamp with DRL (daytime running lights)
- ABS / Brembo brakes
- 5.4 gallon fuel capacity
- New spoked tubless 16’ rims, whitewall tires (front 130/90 & 180/65 rear)

Bob Denman
12-06-2016, 01:52 PM
John,
She's a real Beauty! :clap: :2thumbs:
Are you getting serious yet??

lou49
12-06-2016, 02:02 PM
692 pounds, my wing was heavier. and i could only imagine how much heat comes off the heads of the motor, next to each knee. i complained about the heat on my 13 rtl. here are some specs

Eldorado Standard Features:

- 1400 V-TWIN producing explosive torque of 87 ft. lbs. at just 2750 rpm

- 96 hp at 6500 rpm
- Innovative elastic engine mounts for zero vibrations and total riding comfort
- 6-speed gearbox
- Traction Control - (MGTC) Adjustable 3-stage
- Ride-by-wire, three engine maps: Touring, Sport, Rain
- Electronic cruise control
- Unique polyellipsoidal shaped headlamp with DRL (daytime running lights)
- ABS / Brembo brakes
- 5.4 gallon fuel capacity
- New spoked tubless 16’ rims, whitewall tires (front 130/90 & 180/65 rear)

what are you waiting for cuz?

cuznjohn
12-06-2016, 02:11 PM
i am waiting for money to be dropped of by a Nigerian banker

Bob Denman
12-06-2016, 02:25 PM
:D I've given my Nigerian Prince your email: he should be contacting you shortly...

lou49
12-06-2016, 02:31 PM
i am waiting for money to be dropped of by a Nigerian banker

:roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:!!!!! That's a good one!

ARtraveler
12-06-2016, 02:40 PM
Beautiful bike John. I am noting that many of the brands are still trying to emulate the "monster cruiser" type of machine. They were one of my first loves, but big touring bikes came in next.

Never got on a Guzzi, but been pretty much on every thing else. I came about 10 seconds from buying a Triumph Rocket III in fire engine red. When I started it up, it actually scared me--since I am not a speed demon. I did buy a Vulcan 2000cc LTD shortly thereafter. My issue with that one was that it was to darn heavy at about 829# and with that stupid kick stand that leaned it way over more than it should have.

Keep looking. Maybe the Nigerian Prince will come through. If not, it makes the day interesting. :yes::yes:

PW2013STL
12-06-2016, 04:15 PM
John,

I have owned 4 Guzzi's over the years and liked them all. I never had an issue with heat from them, but none were 1400cc's.

I had a BMW owner ask me if I knew the difference between a BMW and a Guzzi. He then told me a BMW was a Guzzi that could not get it up.:yikes:

pegasus1300
12-06-2016, 04:30 PM
I love Guzzis and if I could ride 2 wheels I would have one 1 a heartbeat. Had a 750 Eldorado back in the early 70's.It was very comfortable and powerful. No heat off of heads.

cuznjohn
12-06-2016, 04:33 PM
for some strange reason, i love bikes with bulk to them. i had the rocket lll and loved the size of it. when i saw this bike today, i just couldn't stop looking at it. it up-righted pretty easy, but there were 3 things that i didn't like about it. first, the cylinders being right by the knees, the heat would kill me if it was pretty hot. second, the floor boards, i like forward controls, and third, the white walls, i know i would hate cleaning them all the time.

Sam Mac
12-06-2016, 05:47 PM
Nice but I'm sticking to my "Old School" Honda CB1100. Just simple, easy to deal with, easy to maintain, and it runs like a Honda. :thumbup:

guzzihack
12-06-2016, 06:07 PM
I have also owned many Guzzis ( 8 ) over the 45 years I've been riding, including the 1100 EV and '79 EML sidecar outfit I still have. I always ride with gloves and can easily lay my hand on the head and not bother me. Excellent hand warmer in the early morning. With the cylinders sticking out in the air stream, they run fairly cool and your knees don't get hot. I've felt more heat of the water cooled Honda ST1100 I had. The floorboards took a little getting used to though, but now I find them very comfortable. I have friends riding the 1400s and haven't heard any complaints yet other than they don't get as good fuel mileage ( upper 40s ) as the smaller engines. Gotta be some trade off for the extra power. Love my Goose. Guess I am a little prejudice though.

Ride safe, Coke

vided
12-06-2016, 06:20 PM
Never had one
but always liked them. :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Chupaca
12-06-2016, 10:08 PM
You know it's a beast when they cut sections of the tank out so the cylinders will fit....:roflblack: have worked on many riden quite a few liked them all but never had one of my own...:banghead: So how long will you be able to hold out..????

Frank G
12-07-2016, 07:23 AM
for some strange reason, i love bikes with bulk to them. i had the rocket lll and loved the size of it. when i saw this bike today, i just couldn't stop looking at it. it up-righted pretty easy, but there were 3 things that i didn't like about it. first, the cylinders being right by the knees, the heat would kill me if it was pretty hot. second, the floor boards, i like forward controls, and third, the white walls, i know i would hate cleaning them all the time.

John, if the white wall are the issue I think a can of "Flex Seal" as seen on TV will take care them.:roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:
https://www.googleadservices.com/pagead/aclk?sa=L&ai=DChcSEwjUiLO7iOLQAhWTTA0KHZAsCTcYABAA&ei=Qf5HWNG2PMbWmAG9nY3ICQ&ohost=www.google.com&cid=CAESIuD2sRALVUfhQXGk3LoXqdOTqxgbM3Yft2DL09Q2Rs GCpxs&sig=AOD64_2qGlaszjgWZZxdvsGYEUTpICjrfQ&q=&sqi=2&ved=0ahUKEwiR26m7iOLQAhVGKyYKHb1OA5kQ0QwIGA&adurl=

Nice Bike