PDA

View Full Version : How much room is lost?

TheCajun1957
12-05-2016, 09:41 PM
I have an oem seat and the brp back rest, I really like how the backrest shape supports my lower and mid back. I am considering a comfort seat with the brp backrest. My question is for the 2 up riders. I am 6'2" about 240 pounds, my girlfriend is 5'7" and I cant say how much she weights, not petite but not large. (Hopefully that will keep me out of trouble). I think the comfort seat would be great for me, but how much room does the passenger give up? Have any of the passengers found they could not ride comfortably with the 2 inch offset and the backrest offset too? Was thinking I could replace the passenger backrest with an ultimate one that is supposed to be a bit thinner to give her back some room.

Your thoughts? Suggestions? :shocked:

Bob Denman
12-06-2016, 08:11 AM
I've got the Standard seat on my RT.
The Missus and I had a chance to sit on an RT that was equipped with a Comfort Seat. She's on 5' 1", and just a wee bit larger than average... (:shocked: I NEVER said this!!!)
She climbed on, and freaked-out, as soon as I tried to get in my part of the saddle.
2" less space seems like a huge loss, when it's your space! nojoke

OverHillAndDale
12-06-2016, 08:40 AM
I bought the Ultimate tall-boy with a backrest, and that takes about 1.5" from the passenger. My wife is 5'6" and thin, she says she has plenty of room behind me despite losing that space.

blacklightning
12-06-2016, 09:14 AM
I had the comfort seat on my RT for about 3 weeks. The wife had enough room without the driver backrest in place, but with the drivers backrest, it was a no go. She is about 5'-1" and about a size 10. I also did not like the firmness of the comfort seat in comparison to the stock seat on my 2014. I switched back and am happy.

larryd
12-06-2016, 10:11 AM
I have the comfort seat that moves me back 2"....My wife is petite, and no problem with me using my BRP back rest...Now my GF is a little above the petite size and I cannot use my BRP back rest, but I use her as the back rest and we both like it...

Yes, I like living a little on the dangerous side...

larryd

Bob Denman
12-06-2016, 10:16 AM
:D We're not judgin'...

DJFaninTN
12-06-2016, 10:44 AM
for the passenger, part of the issue is the backrest that they use. I think the Ultimate Seat actually cuts at least an inch out of the passenger back rest so they are getting more room as well as you are.

i know when we had a standard Ultimate Seat (both front and rear) on our 13, the wife had more room. we sat on a comfort seat and she said no way.

YMMV

tmcquain
12-06-2016, 11:58 AM
We have the same issue. When I looked at the comfort seat...it looked like the entire 2 inches came from her end of the deal...that was a no go for launch. The ultimate mid rider, I think it is called, (not the tallboy) gives me a little more comfort and doesn't steal any from her. Her backrest is a little less thick which gives her a smidge more room. We max out the weight limit...and we ride 2 up all the time with this seat and it works great.

KosherKid
12-06-2016, 02:48 PM
I had the comfort seat with no driver backrest on a 2011 RT. One up, the extra space was good for me and my knees. When the wife was on the back, she was comfortable on the seat but I had to scoot forward about that 2" for her to have the needed room which was uncomfortable for me, so we went back to the stock seat.

Anyone want a barely used 2010-2012 RT comfort seat?