PDA

View Full Version : Tail and brake light wires

joekeys
12-05-2016, 02:58 PM
How do I get power for and extra tail and brake light. An earlier post said to take rear panel off to get to wires. I took out the eight screws but can't get it off. Seems to not coming off over the latch handle for trunk and saddle bags. Do I need to remove something else. I don't want to break something prying.

pegasus1300
12-05-2016, 03:09 PM
Be very careful when removing this panel. There are tabs on each side that prone to breaking. Make sure that you have them release before pulling too much. No I can't tell you how to do that as mine were already broken but that is how I know. Also did you get the screws under the side bag lid?

Go here for a good video on removing the back panels

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EBOl9RZ8FXE

BLUEKNIGHT911
12-05-2016, 03:32 PM
How do I get power for and extra tail and brake light. An earlier post said to take rear panel off to get to wires. I took out the eight screws but can't get it off. Seems to not coming off over the latch handle for trunk and saddle bags. Do I need to remove something else. I don't want to break something prying........I think you don't have a SERVICE manual ..... So go to PROCALIBER.COM ...... find your Spyder and you can look at the parts Fiche' that will show you how your Spyder was assembled ..... if you register ( it's FREE ) you can buy the OEM parts at a discount ..... Mike :thumbup:

Bob Denman
12-05-2016, 03:54 PM
Hi Joe,
I think that I was the one who told you that panel needed to be removed.
I should have warned you that it takes some "Wriggling & Cussing", to get it loose.
Grab it by the ends down at the saddlebags...
Pick up, and out, while bending the ends in JUST enough to clean the grab rails...
It'll come: it just takes some fussing!

joekeys
12-05-2016, 09:36 PM
Hi Joe,
I think that I was the one who told you that panel needed to be removed.
I should have warned you that it takes some "Wriggling & Cussing", to get it loose.
Grab it by the ends down at the saddlebags...
Pick up, and out, while bending the ends in JUST enough to clean the grab rails...
It'll come: it just takes some fussing!

Thankseveryone