Spyder Garage

Default Corbin seat install not so good

I was able to hookup with one2doo (Tim) today and give him a hand with installing his Corbin seat.

The seat looks great and it's not near as hard as I was expecting it to be or like any of my other Corbin seats. The seat looks great and you can tell they put a lot of work into it.

If only they would have put the same work into the driver mounting bracket. This thing was so far off no matter how we tried to adjust it that I thought we were going to have to slot the bracket all the way through. When you latched the front the rear was way off from being lined up. They need to make a bigger bracket with more adjustment or move the one they have now forward about 3/8" or more.

We were able to get the left side in and then work the right side over with a big screwdriver until we got the bolt to thread in. I didn't think we were going to be able to unlatch the seat with all that pressure but we were. Forget using the gas shock though.

The seat looks and feels great but the install could have gone much better.

And the risers were a hit too.

Spyder Garage

I'm afraid to even ask what Corbin wanted for this seat. How does the weight compare to the stock one?

Very Active Member Star Cruiser's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Did you install the heated seat? I was wondering about the power requirement being too high for the Spyders electrical system. Any idea? Seems to me if I was paying $289 for the front I'd up it to $459 for the heated version. Passanger seat is $209 / $369 (reg/heated)

Spyder Garage

Default After A Week

The Corbin seat is great! 150 miles so much more easer on the buns. It is not the hard seat Corbin is known for. cissacs just ordered one. Back rest works great with riser.

Spyder Garage

Can you elaborate on some parts of the install? Like is the original seat completely removed and the new Corbin's and complete replacement? Or do you have to rip apart the original and use the base for the Corbin seats?

Thanks
    RT-S # 352; Timeless Black... faster than any other color. Mods: EasternBeaver PC8 Fuse Box, 12v digital dashboard display, RearTrunk internal Lights.
    Pioneer XMP3 hardwired, KewlMetal highway foot rests, PolkAudio Speaker upgrades (dxi525 & dxi400), Custom Garmin Nuvi bracket and wiring, Panel Savers, Custom LED array third brake light and rear signal LED's. Custom mud flap lights. Daytime Running Lights (3wattsx6). Heated Corbin seat with 'Lamonster' cut. JBL 400watt Amp,
    Other secret mods.

Spyder Garage

The original seat stays intact. Use the rear hinge and sensor.

Spyder Garage

Default After Market Parts

Magic Man parts are the only plug and play non modify complete and easy so far, this includes BRP.