Hybrid View

Spyder Garage

Flamewinger, just curious what your overall opinion is on the Uclear Amp series compared to the Sena 20S. I'm looking to purchase the Uclear for mainly an intercom system for my wife and I, and maybe a bit of music now and then.
    The Sena 20S looks promising also.
    2018 RT Limited , Champagne

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BigBlock View Post
    Flamewinger, just curious what your overall opinion is on the Uclear Amp series compared to the Sena 20S. I'm looking to purchase the Uclear for mainly an intercom system for my wife and I, and maybe a bit of music now and then.
    The Sena 20S looks promising also.
    I started with the Uclear HBC200 because I have had headsets for years and really liked the boomless mike. Late last year I upgraded to the Uclear AMP Plus that has better speakers and a few extra features. I got a Sena 30K due to a special BRP deal and tried it out and most any other rider uses Sena and I want to communicate with them and having same brand seemed to be the way to go. The sound wasn't quite as good and I had to deal with the boom mike again. Problem is pairing with other riders is better when we all have the same brand headset. Crossbrand pairing is glitchy. I have been able to pair my Uclear to the Sena and still listen to music as well as talk to the Sena rider. Works great other than when we turn them off they forget the pairing. Now that Uclear is coming out with a new headset that has quite a few extra neat features I can't wait to get it.

Would love it if these bluetooth headset makers would get them to pair with each other's brand and work without problems. Oh, and mute the mike until we need to say something.
    2021 F3 Ltd , Magna Red

Spyder Garage

Thanks for the info. I’m leaning more towards the Uclear. The boomless mike is a nice feature.
    Last edited by BigBlock; 10-10-2018 at 11:39 PM.
    2018 RT Limited , Champagne

Spyder Garage

We have had 20s for a while now. Honestly, our needs and setup utilizes a fraction of the a ailable functions.

initially, I became less excited about the 20s but via others advice, accomplished resets after a recent firmware upgrade. This task really made the 20s very nice.

When not in multitasking mode, after the initial intercom connection, which we accomplish at the start of a ride, or after powering the Senas up, the intercom connects almost immediately with no isdues.

I plan to revisit multitasking. One downside being, if music is playing, and your passenger sings along, the intercom kicks in...

Realize also, if using an IPod, and the Spyder radio / interface and a Sena Dongle, the Spyder will limit the IPod volume to 50%. Because the IPod volume is reduced by the Spyder system, often, you increase the Sena 20 volume. Because of this, between songs, you might have a slight hiss, but is not an issue.