Hybrid View

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ofdave View Post
    a trike only license endorsement is available in FL. With that, you cannot ride 2 wheels, only 3. A trike/sidecar course is required.
    And I nervously await my 2 day course next month with OOSI.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Hawk1966 View Post
    And I nervously await my 2 day course next month with OOSI.
    the trike riding course, right?
    not for a traffic/speeding ticket (that'll be your next class)

in the trike class I bet it won't take you long to realize how much better a Spyder does than a standard trike.
    and the classroom part does have some good stuff to learn also

no need to be nervous, you'll do fine
    Last edited by ofdave; 04-11-2018 at 10:25 AM.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ofdave View Post
    the trike riding course, right?
    not for a traffic/speeding ticket (that'll be your next class)

in the trike class I bet it won't take you long to realize how much better a Spyder does than a standard trike.
    and the classroom part does have some good stuff to learn also

no need to be nervous, you'll do fine
    Have limited (hey, let me try that!) two-wheel experience and absolutely no trike. Posted in the general forum about the trouble I had trying to mount a '18 F3 at a dealership, total disaster. Not too worried about the classroom stuff, pretty good at that. I just don't want to not be be able to ride, or fall and hurt myself or worse someone else. Been driving myself absolutely insane and more than a month to go.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Iowa requires a motorcycle license or a motorcycle license with a 3 wheel restriction to ride a spyder. I've had very limited motorcycle experience but a lot of common sense and a strong motorized vehicle sense. I wanted a spyder so I went to the DMV and rented a motorcycle from the shop across the street. I had to push it across the street to the DMV to take the test. I also have a spinal injury so I'm pretty limited in my foot skills and my walking ability. I rode that bike for the first time and my first experience and I PASSED THE TEST first time. So really, the Spyder was my first "bike" but I'd challenge any of you to a mountain sledding competition or an ATV race . I felt right at home on my spyder and I enjoyed ripping up Pikes Peak on that beast.