Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default Down payment on 014 ST Limited

Hello to all

Well after riding on 2 wheels since 1967 and building & having so many motorcycles lord knows I could not remember them all. After health issues involving balance leaving me like a drunken sailor I had to give up 2 wheels. So to stay in the wind my decision was to pull the trigger on the ST LTD after long deep thoughts of what direction to turn to. I have built many cars and bikes and still turn a good wrench on friends bikes and some others.
    A few years after my cancer (2010) I rented a 2008 Spyder and put 800 miles on it through NH VT & Maine in 2 days. Had a hard time getting off 2 wheels but having to face the reality of what was handed to me I sold all My motorcycles lots of stashed parts etc. A year or so Has past and here I be where I have chosen to settle in and have a new adventure with 3 wheels. With that said I put a deposit down today on a 014 ST LTD. in the Cognac color and will pick it up when the spring captures the winter madness and tucks it away. Looking at still over 25 inches of snow in my yard .
    I am truly a motorcycle whore as my friends and family call me but I promised myself I would not spend to much time fabricating or bolting on (which I rather not do the bolting on thing for I like to make allot of my own bits) on this new machine who am I kidding my friends say.
    So any-who I'm willing and can't wait to embrace this new toy and what it will have to offer only time will tell. Lets hope the sky doesn't fall on me noodle before I pick it up. hoping to contribute to the Spyder community as time goes on for I'm always coming up with cool bits and improvements with most toys.
    My plate will be a veteran plate hopefully reading 3skl, only allowed 4 letters or #'s on VA plate.
    Be well and stay safe......Paul aka Mr.Wog

Spyder Garage

Congrats on the new ST
    2020 RTL SE6 Asphalt Grey
    2014 RT SE6, Pearl White 57k (2014-2020)
    2008 GS Premier 17k (2012-2014)

Spyder Garage

Default trip

Thanks.... my first real test will be a trip to Pickens county SC with my 2 riding buds we have been riding together for about 15 years so this should be a hoot.
    My last run down there we shot over to the dragon but did not run the road it was like a freak show with tons of humans on it so we ht some really nice roads the locales told us about
    Some people are like Slinkies good for nothing but fun when tossed down the stairs

Spyder Garage

on your new ST. Please post a picture or three.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by akspyderman View Post
    on your new ST. Please post a picture or three.
    Have to wait to dig my old arse out of the igloo up her in NH, pop me head out and if I see my neighbor in a 2 piece and marg. in her hand at pool side it's game on to hit the road after I pick it up....lol
    actually hoping to pick it up well before that if the weather breaks early this year and salt clears on the roads.
    Some people are like Slinkies good for nothing but fun when tossed down the stairs

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

First of all congrats on your new STL while you are waiting you might want to start off by adding an upgraded sway bar and helm links from Baja Ron it will make your ST corner real nice.

Spyder Garage

Your going to have a blast. Also waiting for snow to melt!

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default NOT REALLY A NEWBIE

....I live in Vt. but do most of my riding in NH.....but, in the central part of the State..........I'm also a DIY'er so I know how you feel.................Maybe we'll bump into each other .......Mike
    Last edited by BLUEKNIGHT911; 02-28-2015 at 03:25 PM.

Very Active Member Highwayman2013's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Enjoy the new ride.
    2016 F3 Limited
    2019 Ryker Rally
    2014 Suzuki V Strom 650
    2020 CSC TT 250
    2016 F 3 Limited , Vegas White

Spyder Garage

Default st ltd

congrats on your st ltd...sorry about all the snow you have.
    hate to say this but I've been riding all winter...hee!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

on your new STL. Can't wait for the pic.
    PrairieSpyder (Patti)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    ....I live in Vt. but do most of my riding in NH.....but, in the central part of the State..........I'm also a DIY'er so I know how you feel.................Maybe we'll bump into each other .......Mike
    In VT all the time on rides just look for the Cognac color ST and the guy with his face popping out on both sides of his helmet from the S..T eating grin on his face.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by pj mac View Post
    congrats on your st ltd...sorry about all the snow you have.
    hate to say this but I've been riding all winter...hee!
    NOT LIKING YOU........LOL

full time RV'er on the road. Well we were. Now, 6 months in ThreeRivers Mi and 6 months in Apache
    Spyder Garage

Default And my 2 cents isssss

Quote Originally Posted by chuck gross View Post
    First of all congrats on your new STL while you are waiting you might want to start off by adding an upgraded sway bar and helm links from Baja Ron it will make your ST corner real nice.
    Congrats on the new ride. As you have gotten past the ego part many of us had to face, you are in for that grin you talked about. As an ST owner, I completely agree on that sway bar and links. I'm also not much of a 'bit bolter' and I don't ride hard at all, but the diference is amazing. It will be the cheapest money you will spend on it. Another suggestion. If you find the seat as bad as my wife and I did on our '13, look at one or some Airhawk seat cushions. Most people like the model "R" for the rider. I have the medium cruiser and am very happy with it and its much easier of the wallet than a new seat.

Hope to see you on the road.

Spyder Garage

The seat will not be an issue for me, I do custom seats. I don't have a shop it's a hobby for me now at my age. I have not decided if I will offer to redo seats for the Spyder yet. I will give it more thought about it when I get mine in the spring and check out the seat and see what improvements I can make for comfort.
    I am on the Kawasaki ZRX board ZRXOA.COM and since 06 I have done over 300 seats for these Hooligans with a very very high percentage of happy campers. I't a hard thing to please all when dealing from far away. And the few that it did not work for that I know about well it turns out they are very large humans in the range of 6'5 and over 300 lbs. and lord knows why they would be an such a small bike for there size. Now I ask peoples height and weight before I do a seat.
    'I have Rex seats in the UK the Netherlands Australia etc. If you go on the web site and search mrwog seats it's all there..... Kind of a seat God there I am..... LOL
    I'm pretty beat up from my cancer ordeal so I have slowed down a tad and not sure if I'll crank it up with the Spyder but I'll have made up my mind come spring. But you can bet I'll be doing my seat and posting about that.
    A few of the rex seats

Spyder Garage

Default great looking seats mr wog

that's the best signature line EVER !
    it was fun while it lasted.

Very Active Member Orange Spyder Man's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

enjoy your ride... !! and congratulations on your victory.. !

osm

Spyder Garage

What are the Helm Links.... I am picking up my new ST this week-end and have the sway bar added, but do not know what the links are

SpyderLady

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default helm links

The helm links are at each end of the sway bar and the stock ones are made of a hard plastic the Baja Ron helm links are made of billet aluminum and are much stronger the plastic ones have been known to break on rare occasion. Did you have the Baja ron bar added or the BRP upgrade? the helm links are fairly inexpensive. And congrats on your new ST is it an STS or STL ?
    Last edited by chuck gross; 03-05-2015 at 01:02 AM.

Spyder Garage

Default Sway Bar-30% Improvement

I agree...just had the Bajaron swaybar and Links put on. At least 30% improvemnet in handling...and while you're at it...might as well throw on upgraded adjustable shocks too.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by DaveMcC View Post
    I agree...just had the Bajaron swaybar and Links put on. At least 30% improvemnet in handling...and while you're at it...might as well throw on upgraded adjustable shocks too.
    I also agree with the swaybar, links and the adjustable shocks. I went with Elka, a little pricey but I also did the rear. I hear the fox shocks are pretty good but they only have shocks for the front.
    2016 Spyder F3 Limited Steel Black Metallic
    Lamonster approved LED Headlights
    Lamonsters LED Fog lights
    BRP Driver & Passenger backrest
    BRP Trailer Hitch
    Shamrock Black & Polished
    Signature light
    Elka front shock's
    Rolo Laser Alignment
    Dual Power outlets
    Garmin 590 GPS

Spyder Garage

Cool

Congrads MrWog ! A few days ago and for all the same reasons (health, etc)...I bit the bullet and I think got the same bike you did. Just detailed it with 50 miles on : see photo.

Enjoy your new ride and stay safe !
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Craig From Albany Oregon

Spyder Garage

Looks great.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by WEB-WVR View Post
    Congrads MrWog ! A few days ago and for all the same reasons (health, etc)...I bit the bullet and I think got the same bike you did. Just detailed it with 50 miles on : see photo.

Enjoy your new ride and stay safe !
    Yes sir it's the same as mine, I'll be picking up on the 18th. I ordered the Bajaron swaybar and links and I'll be ordering the Smooth Spyder back rest this week. The roads are a mess still but I'm excited just the same.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by mrwog View Post
    Yes sir it's the same as mine, I'll be picking up on the 18th. I ordered the Bajaron swaybar and links and I'll be ordering the Smooth Spyder back rest this week. The roads are a mess still but I'm excited just the same.
    Just bought mine e few weeks ago. Dropped it off today for the 600 mile service. I cant believe how much I love this bike!!! Luckily the wife does as well.
    Attached Images Attached Images