Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: F3 AUX LITES

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SPYD3R View Post
    HERE ARE SOME 'BEFORE & AFTER' PIX......

I PULLED MY TUPERWARE OFF MY F3-S TODAY, REMOVE MY ALTERED BLANK-OFF AND TOOK PIX SO Y'ALL CAN SEE THE DIFFERENCE. BEFORE PIX... THIS IS WHAT YOURS WILL LOOK LIKE AFTER INSTALLATION OF THE AUX LIGHTS... LOOK CLOSELY, YOU CAN SEE WIRING AND TAGS... NOT A GO SET-UP... BRP SHOULD PROVIDE THE 'BLANK OFF' WITH A 'KNOCK-OUT' SECTION FOR THE TECHS TO REMOVE WHEN THESE LIGHTS ARE PURCHASED... SHAME ON YOU BRP.....
    "PAS UN BON DESIGN BRP"...
    1st of all - Thank you for adding these latest pics..!

2nd thing - If there is an install guide.... It would be great if someone could post it for these lights.
    Current Spyder
    2015 Magnesium Metallic F3-S SE6

• Gauge Spoiler - Pegs @ #5 - Long Reach Bars - Detachable Passenger Backrest - Cross Country Saddlebags - Power Commander V - Power Commander Auto-Tune - Power Commander POD-300 - Two Bros S1R Exhaust w/Black P1X tip - Two Up Shock - Detachable Driver Backrest - Spyclops LED - LED Headlights - Route 129 Windshield

Retired Spyder
    2013 Magnesium Metallic ST-S SE5 5,467 Miles

Ryding Since 1/19/13

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MMMII View Post

2nd thing - If there is an install guide.... It would be great if someone could post it for these lights.
    M3,2I....
    I CAN POST THOSE PIX 2MORO....
    do you want the French or English version...?
    BTW: removing the Tuperware on the F3 is soooooooooooooo easy.... RT guys/gals/techs will be so jealous....
    dp

Spyder Garage

Here are the photos of the BRP Heat Shields for the F3 Fog Lights. Still find it amazing that the dealers are not aware of the parts. Can't tell for sure but the material appears to be anodized aluminum.

CJ JAX
    Attached Images Attached Images

Spyder Garage

Default THX

Quote Originally Posted by zuni View Post
    Here are the photos of the BRP Heat Shields for the F3 Fog Lights. Still find it amazing that the dealers are not aware of the parts. Can't tell for sure but the material appears to be anodized aluminum.

CJ JAX

THX ZUNI.....
    I'LL PASS THIS ONTO THE SERVICE MANAGER @ POWERSPORTS of GREENVILLE....
    I WAS TOTALLY UNAWARE OF THESE....
    THESE LOOK EXACTLY LIKE THE ONES I ALTERED....
    DAN P
    SPYD3R

Spyder Garage

THX ZUNI.....
    I'LL PASS THIS ONTO THE SERVICE MANAGER @ POWERSPORTS of GREENVILLE....
    I WAS TOTALLY UNAWARE OF THESE....
    THESE LOOK EXACTLY LIKE THE ONES I ALTERED....
    DAN P
    SPYD3R
    The part numbers are 705008995 and 705008996. While you are riding the air flow through the openings and around the lights will probably keep them cool enough not to be an issue to the plastic of the original plugs but I figured for the $18 for the pair it was worth the piece of mind. Still believe for the cost of the lights they should be included.

CJ JAX

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default OK

Quote Originally Posted by petegtsv10 View Post
    Could you share a link to those LEDs? Thanks.
    PM sent

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MMMII View Post

3M2I;
    here is the installation procedure as promised:

dp
    SPYD3R
    F3-S

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Dan,
    GREAT job!!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

3M2I;
    here is the installation procedure as promised:

dp
    SPYD3R
    F3-S
    Snap! It's in English....
    Current Spyder
    2015 Magnesium Metallic F3-S SE6

• Gauge Spoiler - Pegs @ #5 - Long Reach Bars - Detachable Passenger Backrest - Cross Country Saddlebags - Power Commander V - Power Commander Auto-Tune - Power Commander POD-300 - Two Bros S1R Exhaust w/Black P1X tip - Two Up Shock - Detachable Driver Backrest - Spyclops LED - LED Headlights - Route 129 Windshield

Retired Spyder
    2013 Magnesium Metallic ST-S SE5 5,467 Miles

Ryding Since 1/19/13

Spyder Garage

CJ JAX

Thanks for the info!!! I will order these for my aux lights that have come in but still waiting for everything else.
    2022 Spyder RT SEA-TO-SKY Mystery Blue... (bought new May 2023, a work in progress...)

2015 Can-Am Red F3-S, SE6
    CalSci shield, Elka stage 5 rear shock, stage 4 front shocks, Akrapovic silencer, BajaRon Bar, Roadster Renovations vibration dampener, Tricled LED headlights and auxiliary lights, driver floorboard, driver and passenger backrests, Tricled Safety Led package, Shad BRP/SH36 side cases, Baker built luggage rack, Tricled Rear run/brake/turn signal led, Tricled LED piezo brake bullet strobe, JDM Astar LED bulbs for rear and front lights, Airhawk seat pad, USB power outlet

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default hella

Quote Originally Posted by RPM View Post
    Thanks for the info!!! I will order these for my aux lights that have come in but still waiting for everything else.
    the aux light looks like its hella micro de fog light kit and the price is 95 usd for the kit .

Spyder Garage

Default MOUNTING

Quote Originally Posted by Stingray69 View Post
    the aux light looks like its hella micro de fog light kit and the price is 95 usd for the kit .
    Sting 69;
    all well and good, but the metal mounting bracket is missing... those brackets are why
    BRP charges the extra $400...
    Dan P
    SPYD3R F3-S

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Stingray69 View Post
    Were you able to order these with the connectors or did you install those? Is this model able to be upgraded to HID?

CJ JAX

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Were you able to order these with the connectors or did you install those? Is this model able to be upgraded to HID?

CJ JAX
    You can order these from ebay or amazon. Also there ıs a hid option for these kit.

Spyder Garage

Default Correction to parts

Spyd3r, you're completely right. You should've received the plates with the lights.Some F3 fog light kits are missing a set of shields that install on the inside of the housing.

Right now we're putting together a rework kit that will be sent to every dealer who has already received a fog light kit (part number 219400511). A service bulletin will be issued to inform dealers of the situation.

If a dealer has already installed the fog light kit on a F3, BRP will cover the installation of the shields under regular warranty.

We're sorry for this inconvenience and we appreciate your patience. Get in touch with your dealer or with us at BRP if you have any questions about this situation.
    BRPcare
    Social Consumer Experience Team

Spyder Garage

So, we can order the Hella lights from Amazon, upgrade to HIDs, but they won't mount directly into the F3 ?
    2015 F3 (wife's)
    2014 Indian Vintage
    2019 AMG C43 cabrio
    1966 LS1 Corvette restomod
    1956 Corvette survivor (wife's)
    1941 Chevy hotrod truck
    2023 Corvette Z06

Spyder Garage

Default MERCI

Quote Originally Posted by BRPcare View Post
    Spyd3r, you're completely right. You should've received the plates with the lights.Some F3 fog light kits are missing a set of shields that install on the inside of the housing.

Right now we're putting together a rework kit that will be sent to every dealer who has already received a fog light kit (part number 219400511). A service bulletin will be issued to inform dealers of the situation.

If a dealer has already installed the fog light kit on a F3, BRP will cover the installation of the shields under regular warranty.

We're sorry for this inconvenience and we appreciate your patience. Get in touch with your dealer or with us at BRP if you have any questions about this situation.
    THANK YOU SO MUCH....
    DAN P
    EASLEY, SC
    SPYD3R F3-S

Spyder Garage

Default back on again . . .

. . . . I was going to go into the dealership tomorrow and cancel my AUX lights, but seeing that BRP is fixing the installation issue, I will stick with it. ( though I still wish they were LED )

It also serves as a good reminder to ask ( someone who knows and is responsible ) when something 'just isn't right'. I tend to be like Dan and just jump in and fix it myself. Oh, and I do a little grumbling about it. I always hate it when I do something and there is a problem with it and the people I did it for never mention it to me, but complain to others about it. How am I supposed to fix it when I don't even know about it? ( even after following up and asking if everything is OK? )

So, even though I may not like the answer, or get a blank look and a shoulder shrug, I always ask and keep on asking until I get to the person responsible.

Tom
    2008 GS SE5 -> 2013 STS SE5 -> 2015 F3-S SE6 . . . Still riding & smiling.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by petegtsv10 View Post
    So, we can order the Hella lights from Amazon, upgrade to HIDs, but they won't mount directly into the F3 ?
    I purchase lights similar to the ones shown above. They came with this bracket. I cut a piece of 1 1/2" X 1 1/2' angle aluminum that attaches to the spyder fog light mount and allows the use of the bracket on the light. Now the oem lights do come with the fancy mount bracket that allows for easy positioning of the lights but since I'm not earning $100/hr my method was more cost effective (not to mention stimulating for the engineer in me).

Spyder Garage

Default Thank you BRP

Quote Originally Posted by BRPcare View Post

The F3 is my first Spyder and what I have seen so far from BRP it will not be my last Spyder as BRP has done a excellent job keeping up with the issues that have come up. I don't think you can buy any new designed bike that won't need bugs worked out. Thank you BRP and please keep up the good job you're giving us F3 owners.

Spyder Garage

Default Accessories installed

I installed the Fog lights, heated grips, BR windshield and Garmin 665.

The fog lights were, at first, easy to install. When I got the second light two of three plastic attachments didn't go so well. I had finished the more difficult accessory adds and finally gave up and took the light to the dealer. As they put it, I was the guinea pig, for the accessories.

After giving a few pointers to the tech on dismantling the side piece he started and had troubles too. I didn't feel so bad. He had to get another tech to help push on the front of the light to get it mounted correctly. $30 and 30 minutes later I was done!

FYI I extended adjusting the mounting an extra inch longer. I think it looks great.

For those who are looking for a substitution I would think twice. The actual Hella fixture that I found is on www.rallylights.com. It is silver and has three "mounting screws". No clarification as to the appropriateness for the Can Am. $100.63 each. #HL21530
    The switch is also available without engraving for $43.00 8455 Series Stainless switch.
    Connector?????
    Heat shields
    By the time its shipped over $300. Not sure I would spend the time when I can go to the dealer and get it with a little support too.

Anybody know why the grips/controls move a little (1/4" up/down) after installing the heated grips

Still waiting on the foot pads. passenger back rest and saddlebags. Late April expected on arrival. Needs to be in time for Spider Fest.

Rode 200 miles the last two days and its a better ride for me than the RT limited. I'm 6'1" and wasn't comfortable.

Spyder Garage

Can you describe the heated grips install and what came in the box? Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    - Carl

2017 Can Am F3-L (current ryde)
    2015 Can Am F3-S (previous ryde)
    2012 BMW K1600 (previous ride)
    2016 Can Am F3-T (wife's)

Spyder Garage

Default I forgot to post . . . . .

. . . . an update.

Last week the dealer called me to tell me my AUX lights were in. I asked if the parts kit was complete and ended up sending an email with some of the summarized info posted on this thread ( pictures, parts # ).

The parts guy contacted BRP and was told the supplemental parts kit was being sent out on March 17th. ( today ).

Thanks to to everyone who posted info on this, it helped to avoid a waste of time, effort and money.

Tom

Here is what I sent to the parts guy in case you need to do this.;
    Hi,
    Per our call, BRP sent out some AUX / Foglight part kits that were missing part number 705008995 and 705008996 ( one right and one left )

According to BRP:
    "You should've received the plates with the lights.Some F3 fog light kits are missing a set of shields that install on the inside of the housing.
    We're sorry for this inconvenience and we appreciate your patience. Get in touch with your dealer or with us at BRP if you have any questions about this situation."
    As I said, I just want to make sure the kit you have for the install is complete before I schedule installation with the Service Department.
    One other thing, this is not a “Rush” job, I have no problem waiting.
    Tom
    2008 GS SE5 -> 2013 STS SE5 -> 2015 F3-S SE6 . . . Still riding & smiling.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I am having a lot of trouble with the quarter turn nuts. Other than having someone push from the front, is there a good tool or technique for getting those things engaged?