Spyder Garage

Default RT Audio Rear Speakers

Hey All,

If you have a RT Audio, and want to add rear speakers, you can just add speakers with out having to buy the Cam Am Rear speaker set. The speaker wires are there already.

I changed the front speakers to the polk audio and also got them for the rear also. I then purchased the rear speaker set from Can Am to get the "Wiring Harness" that is included...All this is is the audio control for the passenger...

It sounds great with the polk audios, but my stockers were pretty good.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by harddrive View Post
    Hey All,

If you have a RT Audio, and want to add rear speakers, you can just add speakers with out having to buy the Cam Am Rear speaker set. The speaker wires are there already.

I changed the front speakers to the polk audio and also got them for the rear also. I then purchased the rear speaker set from Can Am to get the "Wiring Harness" that is included...All this is is the audio control for the passenger...

It sounds great with the polk audios, but my stockers were pretty good.
    So the Polk Audio speakers fit well? I just installed my back speakers factory stock and I love the sound. But good to know that there are replacements in case I burn these speakers.
    May all your encounters with the law begin with the words: "nice trike!".[/B]
    2015 Can-Am Spyder F3-S SM-6 Can-am Red/Black SM-6 with 2010 Black RT-622 trailer (hitch in the works).

Previously owned:
    2010 Can-Am Spyder RT SM-5
    2011 Can-Am Spyder RS-S SM-5
    2013 Can-Am Spyder RT-S SM-5

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bullant12 View Post
    So the Polk Audio speakers fit well? I just installed my back speakers factory stock and I love the sound. But good to know that there are replacements in case I burn these speakers.
    Yep, the DXI400 fit well for the rears and the DXI525 fit the front. My stock speakers sounded good, but these are great...most noticable at highway speeds...I got them from cowboom.com...

Spyder Garage

Yep, the DXI400 fit well for the rears and the DXI525 fit the front. My stock speakers sounded good, but these are great...most noticable at highway speeds...I got them from cowboom.com...
    Awesome... I just added a Bluetooth receiver to the MP3 jack to the AUX and now my iPhone can ryde in front with me... once I get my RAM Mount arm. I will place pics later.

Here is the link of the bluetooth receiver if you are interested. The only thing is that you would have to disconnect from the 12V once you turn off the Spyder or it will stay constantly on. http://www.amazon.com/Miccus-BluBrid...=pd_ys_iyr_img
    May all your encounters with the law begin with the words: "nice trike!".[/B]
    2015 Can-Am Spyder F3-S SM-6 Can-am Red/Black SM-6 with 2010 Black RT-622 trailer (hitch in the works).

Previously owned:
    2010 Can-Am Spyder RT SM-5
    2011 Can-Am Spyder RS-S SM-5
    2013 Can-Am Spyder RT-S SM-5

RT-S PE#0180
    Spyder Garage

Are these POLK speakers OK for outdoor (exposure to moisture) use? Looked them up and couldn't tell. I'm not much of an audio tech so appreciate the advise.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default polk audio dxi speakers

Yes the DXI's are rated for marine use. I installed the DXI525 in my RT front and great sound.
    For those who are looking at buy them check out Overstock.com auction
    I only paid $55 total with shipping and tax. They came from Best Buy Outlet and are tested before selling, the looked new to me.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by frank3 View Post
    Are these POLK speakers OK for outdoor (exposure to moisture) use? Looked them up and couldn't tell. I'm not much of an audio tech so appreciate the advise.
    They are marine certified, meaning they are designed for the outdoor elements, but not waterproof...they maybe water resistant...

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by spydiepig View Post
    Yes the DXI's are rated for marine use. I installed the DXI525 in my RT front and great sound.
    For those who are looking at buy them check out Overstock.com auction
    I only paid $55 total with shipping and tax. They came from Best Buy Outlet and are tested before selling, the looked new to me.
    I agree. I got mine from Cowboom.com, who is also a Best Buy outlet. The speakers are $25 a apair, look to be floor models, and shipping, handling was $20 for the front and rear...I also opted for the 2 year replacement for $9...since they may get wet a lot....

RT-S PE#0180
    Spyder Garage

Thanks for the feed back. Guess I've got another "MOD" to complete while I'm waiting for all the snow to go away. 2' on the ground now and it just started snowing again this morning with 8 additional inches expected. When is spring expected????????????