Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718192021 ... LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    I've been watching this thread since it all started, and I've tried to minimize my comments...
    Doc,
    Stay strong for Kathy... We will be praying hard for all of you.

Same here Doc.

Best regards

Freddy.
    The best substitute for brains & knowledge is....................silence.

Spyder Garage

Doc, while my religion may not be as strong as others here, I have been quietly hoping each day for the best. The definition of best, no doubt is varied and complex in situations unfolding before you.

The decisions both behind and in front of you are possibly some of the most difficult ever. Although we have never met, I clearly read your words to show you know, regardless of difficulty, what someone expects from you.

With all my heart, I want today to bring great news and improvement.

However you proceed, you have not made nor will you make a mistake.

All the best everyday, for you, your wife, and family.

With sincerity, hope and love, Paul

Spyder Garage

Default Yes, It is hard

but you have to stay strong for her sake, Bob is 100% correct in this, we all feel the same way. I went through this very thing in 2009 with my wife of 46years.

I've been watching this thread since it all started, and I've tried to minimize my comments...
    Doc,
    Stay strong for Kathy... We will be praying hard for all of you.

Spyder Garage

My thoughts and prayers are with you and yours.
    2017 F3-L Intense red "Wings"
    Spyderpops Spyclops Light
    Tric LED Headlights and Fog lights
    Madstad Windshield
    Phoenix - Wrap My Spyder
    Lamonster Highway Pegs
    BajaRon Sway Bar
    Rich's Custom Seats
    2017 F3-L , Red/Black

Spyder Garage

Sorry to read this, my prayers are wit you both.
    2010 RTSM5

2010 RTSM5 , stock Stock Silver

Spyder Garage

Doc, you're doing everything right. Stay strong and act according to the will of your wife. It takes more courage and strength to make the right decision than simply doing nothing or swimming with the trend.
    I would wish to have such a strong partner at my side in case of a case.

I wish you and your wife all the best.
    2016 F3-S Special Series , triple black

Spyder Garage

God bless Doc.

2015 F3 SE6

Spyder Garage

Still praying for you and your wife! Find peace that the Lord will make up his mind when he feels it is time. He answers all our questions, fulfills all or needs and gives us peace and rest as only he can and all we have to do is believe in him! Kathy and you will both be in a better place when this battle comes to am end.
    2015 an Am Spyder RT Limited
    2013 Yamaha WR250R - Sold
    2011 Can Am Spyder RT-S SE5 Limited - Sold
    2011 Aspen Sentry Trailer
    2003 BMW K1200LT - Sold
    2007 Unigo Trailer - Sold
    2001 BMW K1200LT - Sold
    2001 Honda 750 NightHawk - sold
    2015 RT Ltd , Canamspyderaccessories Brake pedal ext. Red

Spyder Garage

I don't post much here, Doc, but I noticed this thread around the time it first posted and have been checking in periodically -thinking of you and Kathy and hoping for good news and recovery each time. My thoughts and prayers go out to you, Kathy and your family.
    2012 RT-SE5

Very Active Member Roadster Renovations's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Update on Kathy

(ROLLER COASTER MODE ON) Praise Report for Kathy 9/20 - Just got a call from Kathy's Nurse at about 8:30 AM. Kathy woke up last night! She is responding, has ask for something for some pain in her stomach and can move her left arm! We are in the waiting room waiting on 9am so we can go back. 12 more minutes. I cannot even describe how I am feeling right now! I will write more later. Seems to me that there may a few red faced MD'S running around here today! Praise God! Like I said, God always has the last word.
    APPENDED!
    When I first posted the above, we did not see this for ourselves. My sister, Linda went up with me today. When we got into her room we immediately noticed a complete difference. She was alert, eyes steady, able to see well enough to follow people around, mouthing words, nodding at questions. She moved her left arm several times while we were there. There are some gaps in her understanding due to the brain bleeds. She did not know how to respond when ask if she was "cold", so she probably will have to relearn that word and probably several others. All in all so far it looks like she has most of her faculties, Praise Jesus! The MD's will probably try for a medical effect that caused this change, but my sister pointed something out to me. Now before I go on I want to say this: I am nothing without God. He did not offer us Grace because we are good, He did it because He is good. So, don't even think that I am putting on heirs, because I am not. I feel like I have been tested in this fire and that until I was fully committed to let her go and give her back to God, He could not move on her behalf. I can tell you that when I fully decided that it was time to take her off life support, I was fought by family members, demeaned, called a liar and publicly humiliated, the medical people thought I was completely crazy, "a religious nut" if you will. Running into resistance at every turn on what God put on my heart that I needed to do I found myself alone. When I had nothing else but God I found out that was all I needed. My sister pointed out that Abraham was told to sacrifice his son and at the last minute God stayed his hand. I had to be completely willing to give her back to Him in order for Him to work. That just blows my pea-sized brain. I actually feel very honored that He would test me in that way. OK, so more about Kathy. I had talked to the respiratory tech about what we could do to improve her chances of surviving the removal of the vent. He explained that her current setting on the machine was 15.They would like to see her at 5 (which is the pressure a normal person breathes). They turned her down to 13 yesterday and she did very well, then last night then dropped her to 12 and her O2 levels still stayed up in the high 90's. This morning they dropped her to 10 and she has done well on it all day. That tells me that her lungs are stronger than they knew. They are going to try a trach collar tonight. This is just low pressure air and no vent. We have several steps to get where we need to be, but as I said previously, she needs to be off the vent. When that happens he placement goes from a handful of pitiful facilities to many. Let's keep on praying God's will!! He is moving!! Thanks, everyone!!

Spyder Garage

Great news! Never lose that faith and trust! Keeping you all in my prayers. God is good, all the time!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Wishing you both the best.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

So happy to hear this great news!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

So much better news!!!
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Spyder Garage

Thumbs up

Praying the she keeps improving

Lew L
    Kaos----- Gone but not forgotten.

2014 RTS in Circuit Yellow, farkle-ing addiction down to once every few months. ECU FLASH IS GREAT.
    2014 RTS , Circuit Yellow

Spyder Garage

Prayers that she keeps improving and for God to continue to give you the strength. You have to say and do what you feel the both of you would want. Listen to others and try not to be angry with them or let their anger affect you. I know its tough but this is between you, her and God. Everyone of us and them want what is best for the both of you. I can't imagine being in your position. You've got a lot of faith and I admire both of you.
    2014 RT Limited Matte Silver, Belt Guard, RT Dash Mount, Show Chrome Can-Am Spyder RT Passenger Arm Rest, Show Chrome Full Size Brake Pedal,Best shop manual, Spyder keycover with hole, Utopia drivers backrest, Showchrome trailor hitch, ShowChrome Acc Trailer Acc Rack, 2014 CA Spyder RT-RTS Master Collection-HDSv5, Airhawk Cushion, Spyderpops bumpskid, Ipod cable, Led lights, Driver Hiway pegs, Shorty Antenna, Pin Striping, ECU flash, TriAx adjustible handlebars,
    Will it ever stop--NO

Spyder Garage

So happy to hear this great news!
    + 1

Spyder Garage

we are praying that the good news continues.

2017 F3T Black
    2016 RT LTD Black - Traded
    2015 Indian Chief Vintage Red

Very Active Member Roadster Renovations's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Update on Kathy

Praise Report for Kathy 9/21- 23 I was really expecting to see a great deal of progress, even the same as yesterday, but what we found when we came in was that her condition had downgraded overnight. They had to put her back on the mode where the machine breathes for her. Her rates has been increased back to where it was 2 days ago. Her left arm has been involuntarily "drawing" up to the center of her chest. She has a great deal of phelm and is needing suctioned about every 15 minutes. Her right arm is still swollen triple what her other hand is. Probably a blood clot that they cannot treat with a blood thinner due to the inter cranial hemorrhaging (brain bleeds). We are beginning to think that yesterday was a rally day. I will have more information after the meeting today.

Just got home from the meeting. The Nero guy started it off by saying that Kathy has permanent injury in her right brain area. He said that the prognosis is not good for her to regain anything but very limited use of her left side. He said her left brain area, while not having seizures is firing erratically, which is creating more damage. This is giving her very limited intermittent use of her right arm. Her right leg appears to also be paralyzed. She has been there for 8 days and he said that usually if they are coming back any at all they will usually start doing so. There were then many other comments that I will not go into detail. Heated exchanges. I was actually cussed out by one of the siblings (who later apologized). I stuck to Kathy's wishes and did not let anyone sway me. We have taken three days to try to come to terms with things. We will have another meeting on Monday to see if we are closer to a resolution. I finally had to raise my voice and make it known that since I was Kathy's husband, and by State law since she could not answer for herself, that I have the final say in what will be done. I cannot for the life of me understand how someone could be so cruel to leave her to exist like she is. If God will heal her, He can heal her when the vent is removed. Sad, sad day. I will not write any more about this until Monday. Those of you that have true faith already know what my decision will be. Please keep praying for God's Will to be done.

Spyder Garage

My continued prayers, Doc, for you and Kathy.
    2020 RTL SE6 Asphalt Grey
    2014 RT SE6, Pearl White 57k (2014-2020)
    2008 GS Premier 17k (2012-2014)

Spyder Garage

Stick to your guns.

You have my deepest sympathy and great respect.

I dread this happening either to me or my wife of 53 years. We have also discussed our options and are very clear on them.
    2008 GS SM5, Full Moon Silver
    2007 Piaggio MP3 - 250cc

Spyder Garage

Praying for your strength and God's will be done, brother. You know the course.
    Safe Rides,
    David and Sharon Goebel
    Both Retired USAF Veterans
    2018 Anniversary Edition RT Limited
    Baja Ron ultimate swaybar. Vredestein tires, Baja Ron Front Shock Pre-load adjusters, Pedal Box, See my Spyder Garage
    IBA 70020

Spyder Garage

Take solace in the fact you two had the opportunity to have had "The Talk"!
    There is no greater responsibility to carry out one's wishes.
    Find peace in that Doc!
    2014 RT-Ltd , Cognac

Spyder Garage

Doc, So sorry for this continuing tough saga of Kathy's fight for survival following that tragic accident. Regardless of one's faith, this whole story really cries for all of us to understand before things go South in our lives to do a few things that allow for our wishes to be complied with.

For those of us who do not know what a Living Will is and I am not an attorney, it is a document that essentially articulates our wishes for care in the event that we become unable or incapacitated to make medical decisions for ourselves. This document does not have to be filled out by and attorney and there are generally no costs associated with it. In addition to the Living Will, a Medical Power of Attorney allows a selected person to make medical decisions for us in the event of incapacitation or other seriously compromising conditions.

Both my wife and I have these documents on file with our Family Doctor and also have them shared with several other sources in the event that both my wife and I were faced with some of the tough challenges you and Kathy have been faced with.

Life is precious but at times unpredictable and people of faith and those that do not believe in a higher power can find comfort in having our wishes carried out in the event of medical crises.

My wife and I hope that the card we sent has comforted you and Kathy as well as some of your other family members. I think all of us sense how much you care about Kathy and how much she has cared for you and that we are all hoping that everyone finds some peace and comfort in whatever way best works for you all.

Spyder Garage

As I said before Doc, our thoughts & prayers are with you both in this difficult time, and your Faith will lead you in doing what you should.
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!