Thread: aluma trailer

Spyder Garage

Default aluma trailer

I am thinking about buying a aluma trailer . I had one in the past and really liked it . However can am tells me that it would void my warranty on my RT Limited . Aluma people tell me that they can't do that because of the Maguson Moss law . Of course can am wants to sell me their trailer at more then twice the price . Anyone have any advice on this matter?

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by meerkat View Post
    I am thinking about buying a aluma trailer . I had one in the past and really liked it . However can am tells me that it would void my warranty on my RT Limited . Aluma people tell me that they can't do that because of the Maguson Moss law . Of course can am wants to sell me their trailer at more then twice the price . Anyone have any advice on this matter?
    Buy the Aluma.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Can't tell you to take the risk; that's something you need to assess yourself. But, judging from the number of people (including me) who have been towing non-OEM trailers without incident, I'd say the risk of something going wrong with your Spyder that could be traced back to using such a trailer and thus voiding warranty coverage for that repair is pretty small. The most likely source of problems is going to be electrical, so be sure to; a) use a wiring harness that isolates the trailer electrical load from the Spyder's lighting circuits and b) use the correct plug or adapter on the trailer for the 4-square connector on the Spyder's wiring harness.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

If the dealer never see's the trailer when you go in for any repairs then the he didn't ask so I'm not telling rule goes into effect. So I'd get the aluma trailer. At the end of the day it's what makes you happy.

Very Active Member SPECTACUALR SPIDERMAN's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

i just bought a trailer from our sponsor mini trailer. the maguson moss act is correct and can not void warranty unless proven the
    trailer caused the problem. unfortunately lying is legal and many businesses make money off of that. i try never to do business with
    those that lie.

Spyder Garage

Buy the Aluma , I've had my Spyder into the dealer several times and have never had them question me about the trailers we are using, several times we had the trailers with us as we were getting service done while traveling .
    Red Rock 060 - Copy.jpg Glacier Park Ride 009.jpg
    2014 RTL , Black Currant

Spyder Garage

Default Aluma

Thank you one and all for your comments . Meerkat

Spyder Garage

I pull a homemade trailer with an aftermarket hitch and harness with no issues whatsoever. I guess i'm going to warranty hell..... Buy the Aluma and save a ton of money.
    2021 RT Limited

2016 RTS , Pearl White

Spyder Garage

Love my Aluma trailer. What? did you call Can Am and ask THEM about getting a trailer? (a little weird)
    Flatlander, Navy Veteran, Widower
    Loved my 2014 RTS SE6 Pearl white
    but have a new love now,
    my 2017 RTS SE6 Champagne metallic (Champ)

Very Active Member SPECTACUALR SPIDERMAN's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

what size and how much is the aluma trailer

Spyder Garage

I have a 2004 Aluma trailer and I love it. Just pulled it 8000 miles this summer on a trip out west. A well built trailer.

2017 F3 Limited in Intense Red Pearl

2008 Triumph Rocket (SOLD)

2002 Honda VTX 1800 C ( SOLD)

2014 Triumph Thunderbird Commander

Spyder Garage

Default Trailer

Who is the "can am" that you are referring to? Dealer, factory?
    2013 Silverado 2500HD Duramax
    2017 Honda Pilot
    2018 Maverick Trail 1000 DPS
    2015 RTS SE6 Intense Red Pearl
    2014 35' Keystone Fuzion Impact Toyhauler
    Ultimate Seats passenger backrest, Adjustable wind deflectors, Minitrailer USA trailer, Can Am driver backrest, Corbin passenger armrests, after market hitch, DIY bump skid, LED turn indicaters, cup holders, frunk decal stripes, DIY GPS mount, DIY Gopro dash mount, aux 12v & USB outlets, DIY belt rock shield, BajaRon swaybar, frunk 12v outlet

Spyder Garage

Default I LOVED

MY ALUMA TRAILER, THAT IS UNTIL SOMEONE STOLE IT OUT OF THE DRIVEWAY FOR THE ALUMINUM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by timeless View Post
    MY ALUMA TRAILER, THAT IS UNTIL SOMEONE STOLE IT OUT OF THE DRIVEWAY FOR THE ALUMINUM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That suXXs !!

Spyder Garage

Default Aluma

Quote Originally Posted by 4 MARIE View Post
    Love my Aluma trailer. What? did you call Can Am and ask THEM about getting a trailer? (a little weird)

It is right in their brochure on their motor cycle and the 622 trailer . It says it's the only trailer that will honor the motorcycle warranty . Not so weird.

Spyder Garage

Default Trailer

Quote Originally Posted by SPECTACUALR SPIDERMAN View Post
    what size and how much is the aluma trailer

Looking at the "The USA Trailer Store" the Lumina Diamond XL , 1695.00 , on sale for 1495.00 , size is 18 cu ft , shipping included right to your front door .

Spyder Garage

Default Aulma

I've got 20,000 + miles on my alums trailer. No problems. I do lose guide of MPG while pulling.
    2014 Spyder RTS

Tri Axis Handlebars
    Big Bike Trailer Harness
    Rivco Front Bumper (Black)
    Rivco Highway Pegs
    Ultimate Seat
    Garmin GPS
    Trailer Hitch
    Aluma XL Trailer
    Stainless Grill Covers
    Cupholder
    Spring Stiffeners
    Rivco Floorboards

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

It is right in their brochure on their motor cycle and the 622 trailer . It says it's the only trailer that will honor the motorcycle warranty . Not so weird.
    What else can they say? Buy our Can Am trailer and void your Can Am warranty? The only way pulling a trailer other than a Can Am will give BRP reason to deny a warranty claim is if you have a failure that was indisputably caused by the non-Can Am trailer. That is extremely unlikely. BRP will have more success denying a claim for suspension failure if driver and passenger always ride together and both weigh over 250 pounds!

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)