Quote Originally Posted by 308gunner View Post
the ECU can be put back to standard configuration at the customer request..I just send it back..ask yourself...why do monster request to send the ECU in...just to program it?...hhhhmmm...NO!!....chances are theyre upgrading/replacing the EEPROM hardware/software which makes sense. thats why you get more true horsepower...similiar to upgrading the speed/memory on a computer (hardware upgrade/replacement). Software only goes so far. With that being said Monster to me is better. better yet..when you get your powervision...race someone who has a monster and see who wins...shouldnt be hard to find a competitor....and when you do, post it ...inquiring minds wants to know the results.
So you're not sure they upgrade any electronics.. you're just guessing?
You have to send it in because the average joe simply doesn't have the computer hookup to make the adjustments... which is probably done with either BUDS or something similar to the Power Vision. There should be no need to upgrade any electronics in the ECU.. because it's already programmable.
Racing is fun, but really not a good judge of such improvements.. because the #1 variable in a race is the rider and the launch. That's why Dyno results are a good thing to look at instead.
I'm betting the Power Vision can do the same thing as these 'ship and flash' guys are doing... might even be able to copy their maps and use them.....