Thread: best warranty?

Spyder Garage

Default best warranty?

My best warranty is about to run out. I ask a dealer close to me and he quoted $1700 for three more years. Seems I have heard of a lot better prices. What prices are you all paying and where? I run out in two weeks so I need to get this done.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Start with Berts Mega Mall and Pit Bull. They usually give best prices. You will probably see around 750.00 for 3 more years at these places. But the warranty work can be done at any Spyder dealership.

SpyderLovers Sponsor
    Spyder Garage

Check with Pitbull and Bert's then you can always go back to your dealer and try to get them to match that price. $1700 seems really, really high.

2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Spyder Garage

Get a hold of Jennifer Basa at Berts megamall
    her direct # 626-974-6600 ext 492

I just went through this last month ( Feb 2017) 3 years of BEST $771.00

I was quoted a price from a MI dealer of $1769.00 for 3 years of Best. I told them that they were way out of wack on that price.

Pitbull was $1050 for 3 years of Best.

Good luck!! T.P.

Spyder Garage

Looks like they have you covered above.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Default BEST Warranty

Quote Originally Posted by T.P. View Post
    Get a hold of Jennifer Basa at Berts megamall
    her direct # 626-974-6600 ext 492

I just went through this last month ( Feb 2017) 3 years of BEST $771.00

I was quoted a price from a MI dealer of $1769.00 for 3 years of Best. I told them that they were way out of wack on that price.

Pitbull was $1050 for 3 years of Best.

Good luck!! T.P.
    I just purchased the BEST warranty from Jennifer for my 2014 RT Limited for 2 years for $617.00. My dealer wanted to charge me $1,150 for the same warranty . Shout out to Jennifer for all of her help to the Spyderlovers community!

Thank You!
    2014 Timeless Custom Burgandy/Silver Platinum RT Limited/SE - BRP Zumo 590 GPS System; BRP SM10 Bluetooth Dongle; BRP XM Radio; BRP Heated Comfort Seat; BRP Driver Backrest; BRP Tri-Axis Chrome Handlebars; BRP Chrome Adj Side Vents; BRP Adj Vent Windshield; Big Bike Parts Armrests; CD Fender TIPS Kit; Baja Ron Anti-Sway Bar & Heim Links.
    2014 RT Limited , Burgandy and Silver

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Questions questions.

BEST Warranty? What does BEST stand for? Is that from Can-Am? My dealer offered me a 3 year extension for $900 USD. I'm "assuming" he was trying to sell me a Can-Am extended warranty. Are there other warranty companies out there? Should I be fearful? Should I even bother with an extended warranty? Questions questions.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jcasey View Post
    My best warranty is about to run out. I ask a dealer close to me and he quoted $1700 for three more years. Seems I have heard of a lot better prices. What prices are you all paying and where? I run out in two weeks so I need to get this done.
    You say your BEST warranty is about to run out. You can only get a maximum of 3 years from the BEST warranty. So, if you already have had the BEST warranty, there is no way that you can get 3 more years. Is it possible you mean your BRP warranty is about to expire?

Spyder Garage

My factory warrant runs out next month, so I called my dealer and they offer a warranty with Western. It was $669 for 3 years and $1000 for 5 years. The B.E.S.T warranty was also offered and was over $1000 for 3 years.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

The BEST warranty goes a total of 5 years.

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default WELLLLLLL NOW THAT YOU MENTION IT

Quote Originally Posted by SPYD1 View Post
    ...But the first two are the original OEM from BRP ..... most buyers got at least one year of BEST as a gift ( I did ) now that's three ..... you can then ADD ...only TWO more years for a total of FIVE .....from start to finish ...... Mike

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Road-Kill View Post
    BEST Warranty? What does BEST stand for? Is that from Can-Am? My dealer offered me a 3 year extension for $900 USD. I'm "assuming" he was trying to sell me a Can-Am extended warranty. Are there other warranty companies out there? Should I be fearful? Should I even bother with an extended warranty? Questions questions.
    BRP Extended Service Terms

Your dealer very well may have been quoting a third party maintenance agreement. They're more profitable for the dealer I think. All Can Am dealers honor the BEST warranty. You could be on your own finding a dealer to accept a third party warranty reimbursement. Worth it? Depends entirely on your luck of the draw and what kind of risk you're willing to take. One thing for sure, BRP nor anyone else, prices their extended warranty to be a money loser for them.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by IdahoMtnSpyder View Post
    BRP Extended Service Terms

Your dealer very well may have been quoting a third party maintenance agreement. They're more profitable for the dealer I think. All Can Am dealers honor the BEST warranty. You could be on your own finding a dealer to accept a third party warranty reimbursement. Worth it? Depends entirely on your luck of the draw and what kind of risk you're willing to take. One thing for sure, BRP nor anyone else, prices their extended warranty to be a money loser for them.
    Thanks for the info. When the time comes I'll ask my dealer "who" owns the policy. I'll stick with BEST when the time comes, its also a selling point when the bike is sold. My thoughts.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SPYD1 View Post
    Nothing like bad info.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    ...But the first two are the original OEM from BRP ..... most buyers got at least one year of BEST as a gift ( I did ) now that's three ..... you can then ADD ...only TWO more years for a total of FIVE .....from start to finish ...... Mike
    Slice it anyway you want. The max is still only 3 years for BEST warranty. The first 2 years are BRP's warranty from original purchase date, like you said.
    Last edited by wyliec; 05-25-2017 at 06:05 PM.

Spyder Garage

Default 6/8/17 Price Update

My 2015 RT-S SE original 2 year warranty expires next month. I just purchased the additional 3 year BEST warranty for $800. I prefer to buy local and I have a good dealer that I try to support so it may be a bit higher than other quotes but I'm good with it. Just an FYI for others shopping for BEST.
    Lucky

2015 RTS SE6
    2008 Harley Ultra
    1999 BMW R1200C
    1986 Harley Electraglide

Spyder Garage

Last week I purchased the Riders advantage care plus 5 year warranty from pit bull for $910 on my 14 RTL. Call buck and he will hook you up. Good prices and excellent customer service.