Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by ottawa-rider View Post
    They initially told me about 2.5 hours, it ended being just shy of 2.
    Thank you very much. My dealer opens in a couple hours, Iíll call to make the appointment. Now I know what to expect, thank you very much.

2018 RT Limited Metalic Champagne
    US Spyder Ryders Long Island NY Chapter

Quote Originally Posted by amkrat View Post
    I'm glad to hear that I'm not the only one with this issue. Upshifting is fine. Downshifting, and in particular, shifting into neutral or reverse requires a lot of pressure on the minus paddle. My service manager says that he submitted an inquiry to BRP about this but hasn't heard back. I may have to tell him what I have learned here. Thanks for the info.
    this is a known issue on the 2018's. BRP knows about it and is replacing them as they occur. My dealer in Atlantic, IA has already ordered the replacement paddle shifter for my Spyder - just haven't taken the time to get it done? Mine seems to shift OK, but a bit of struggle once in a while when shifting to reverse...
    BIG F

Default Good thing youíre covered BIG

Quote Originally Posted by Big F View Post
    this is a known issue on the 2018's. BRP knows about it and is replacing them as they occur. My dealer in Atlantic, IA has already ordered the replacement paddle shifter for my Spyder - just haven't taken the time to get it done? Mine seems to shift OK, but a bit of struggle once in a while when shifting to reverse...
    BIG F
    Apparently I have to bring mine in for service befoe they will order the part. BRP said my VIN is showing it wasnít part of the recall, even though I have an 2018 RTL. So I have to bring it in for dealer to confirm the problem, then wait for part to be delivered to dealer & installed. Since this is a known problem youíd think all 2018ís were covered. Frustrating.
    Thanks everyone.

Can someone message me the bulletin, my 2018 RTL stopped downshifting with the paddle button yesterday,
    need to send this to the dealer involved. So parts can be ordered ASAP.
    Thanks all

Warranty bulletin 2018-5.

From post #12 in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Coveuser View Post
    Can someone message me the bulletin, my 2018 RTL stopped downshifting with the paddle button yesterday,
    need to send this to the dealer involved. So parts can be ordered ASAP.
    Thanks all
    You can start by calling BRP so they can search your VIN. I can’t manually downshift, no N or R but according to BRP, my VIN isn’t listed for the Warranty Bulletin. So I had to drop it off last Monday for dealer to “diagnose “.... hope you don’t have the same problem, they wouldn’t order the part till I dropped it off. Haven’t heard anything yet, gonna call them soon. Got 2 charity rides this weekend. Missed last weekends, hoping not to miss this weekends. Best of luck!