Hybrid View

Spyder Garage

Thanks very much for making this video. It was very helpful when I installed my Zumo XT.
    Fuelly: 35.2avg MPG
    2020 Spyder RT Limited (Petrol Metallic w/Chrome)
    1. Lamonster Mount 2.0 with Dual Power Plates
    2020 RTL , Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by KeithInAurora View Post
    Thanks very much for making this video. It was very helpful when I installed my Zumo XT.
    Glad it helped.
    Paul "Wingman" Metheney
    2020 Can-Am Spyder RT Limited

2020 RTL , Red

Spyder Garage

I can’t figure out where the dead plug is you’re using to wire it in. All the plugs look like they have wires going in and out.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Kingz View Post
    I can’t figure out where the dead plug is you’re using to wire it in. All the plugs look like they have wires going in and out.
    It's the plug in the yellow box. The connector (with the wires) is held in a dummy connector on the bike. Squeeze the tab on top (bottom?) of the connector and it will pop right out. NOTE: the polarity MAY be backwards.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MONK View Post
    It's the plug in the yellow box. The connector (with the wires) is held in a dummy connector on the bike. Squeeze the tab on top (bottom?) of the connector and it will pop right out. NOTE: the polarity MAY be backwards.
    I'm with you to a point. First, will the inline fuse on the XT wires fish through ok along the steering column into the right panel area? I assume it will but the pass through space from above looks pretty small. Second, There is a black and red wire from the Zumo. Is there a black and red wire in the dummy connector as well or different colors? I don't have any connectors nor know which type to use? Can go to the auto store I imagine. How do I insure the polarity before hooking up which wires? They say it can be reversed. I only a basic tester to see if a wire is hot, nothing more. Just need help on the connecting part detail of which seems to be lacking in most of the videos.