Quote Originally Posted by Cobwebs View Post
Washer, loctite/pulley, bolt, 24hour wait, ride.

Just so as everyone knows the loctite is to glue the pulley to the shaft it's not to glue the bolt in place.
Let the dealer do it to retain your legal status. If they allow you to ride off immediately and it fails any time in the future and kills you, they will be liable because they haven't followed loctite's cure time advice. None of them seem to be following this from what I'm reading here.
It's a long shot you say, the odds of the replacement sprocket failing would be huge. No one has been able to confirm if the metallurgy has changed or not so, if not, the repair is based solely on the loctite preventing the sprocket from fretting and doing the same thing again. In other words, a complete waste of time and effort by all involved if it doesn't get the required cure time.
Dealers get paid I think from memory something like 40 minutes labour from BRP to complete the task, they just want it in and out as quickly as possible, BRP just want to meet their legal obligations, you want to do your own research and stop relying on third parties to run your life and start considering bikerchris's approach to things.
I would hate to be the poor sucker to have to pull that sprocket off after all that has set up! Torches, seals and bearings don't play well together!