Threaded View

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Ltownblue View Post
    Mine cracked... down the middle during a ride on July 3rd. Crack was in the same location that others have reported - vertical on the front side of the tank. I currently have 23k miles on my '08 SM5, and other than brake squeal and a small caliper leak, this is the only problem that I've had. Fortunately, the leak was small enough for me to make it home. Be warned though, there does seem to be a systemic problem with these reservoirs. I picked up another one at Bert's Mega Mall - price with shipping and a couple of hose clamps was around $80.
    BRP knows about this, I hope you got the new type of coolent tank. Didn't you get the memo from BRP? I carry a coolent tank repair kit with me. I started to trailer my Spyder if I go more than 150 miles from home due to some dealers were reported that they won't work on a Spyder unless it was bought at there dealer ship and most of the dealers do not stock parts for Spyders. I have been testing the BRP parts system, when we go traveling I stop at a Spyder dealer and ask for the things that are likely to break on a trip and they don't have them. This is the big down fall with owning a BRP Spyder. Like the old saying: A Motor Vehicle Is Only AS Good AS It's Availability To Get Parts And Service. That's IMHO.

Mike
    Last edited by MikeinGA; 08-23-2012 at 04:45 PM.