Quote Originally Posted by PMK View Post
In recent times, one of the other Spyder repair focused internet groups, has seen similar issues.
While it would be truly awesome if adding oil, or unsticking the clutch plates resolve it, those other owners found the clutch assemblies failed. The failures polluted the engine oil with metallic debris. Not exactly sure where these owners ended up in regards to resolving the failures.

Words they posted indicated a redesigned lubrication system for the wet clutch, requiring the newest updated parts, along with any failed parts.
Sorry I do not have more details, I just glanced over the info they posted.
Right. A new clutch was designed and put out there in 2013. Replacement is applicable to all 2008 - 2012 Spyders. Service Bulletin 2012-7. Unfortunately, one of the few bulletins I was never able to get my hands on. Changed the material, thickness, and number of disks and plates. Supplied a longer oil spray nozzle. Also needed a different spacer kit, that typically has to be ordered separately. It also helps to get a 2013 or newer shop manual, for the 998 machine, in order to get the correct replacement instructions. Otherwise, a 2012 manual just talks about the old clutch. Anyone wanting to change out their oil spray nozzle alone, can order the 2013 or newer part in the system. It's longer. Easy to change. This thread pretty much describes all of the changes.

https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...kit-for-09-se5