Spyder Garage

Default Securing Nolen helmet

I have a flip face Nolen helmet. It does not fit in any of the Spyders compartments (contrary to advertisements). The helmet chin strap has a ratchet clip with no open D ring. Has anyone found an easy and effective way to secure this kind of helmet to the bike? Thanks.....
    2005 Windveil Blue Premium Mustang Convertible
    2008 Honda GL1800/California Sidecar Trike, SOLD
    2014 Platinum Silver Satin Spyder RTL, SOLD
    Semper Fi

Spyder Garage

Default We use a "Helmet Guardian" and Helmet T extensions

Purchase Helmet T extensions (come in pairs) that fit through the latch end of the Nolan helmets. Then you use the T extension to lock it on your bike using a "Helmet Guardian" lock or something similar. We've been doing this for years....

Here's some info:

Helmet Guardian (it secures to your license plate mounting - see picture below). www.helmetguardian.com/index.htm (copy & paste in your address bar)

Nolan Helmet T extensions: Nolan & Schuberth Helmet Lock Extensions (993-136) MADE BY ADD ON (I found this on ebay)

We use the helmet T extensions with both of our bikes. The Gold Wing has built in locks under the trunk, but you'll need to add something to the Spyder (like the Helmet Guardian) to secure the helmets to the bike.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Happy and safe rydin'
    2014 Spyder RT Limited - January 2014, Cognac/Black Seat, #958, born on 1-8-14
    2014 RT Limited , Cognac

Spyder Garage

Lidlocks

They advertise on this site.

AJ
    Quote Originally Posted by canamjhb View Post
    I have a flip face Nolen helmet. It does not fit in any of the Spyders compartments (contrary to advertisements). The helmet chin strap has a ratchet clip with no open D ring. Has anyone found an easy and effective way to secure this kind of helmet to the bike? Thanks.....

2014 RT-S
    Akrapovic Exhaust & Cat Bypass
    Bajaron Sway Bar w/links / Sena SM-10/Garmin 660
    Comfort Seat w Adjustable Backrest
    Decals by Purple Harley / Magic Strobe
    Kuryakyn Black Widow Pegs Rivco Highway Brackets
    Rivco Trunk Mounted Double Flag Holder
    FOBO / Spyder Cuff / XM Radio w MC Antenna

2014 RT/S , Black

Spyder Garage

Default Lidlox

Lidlox is the way to go. I have a Shark Evoline helmet with the rachet strap- no issues using lidlox.....

2016 RT-S Pearl White

BRP Driver Backrest
    Lamonster Spyderdock, (2) Spydercuffs
    Magic Mirror w/Doc Humphreys tethers
    (2) Rokform phone mounts
    FOBO
    SpyderPops Bumpskid,missing belt guard,Rear strobe LEDs
    Lamonster LED headlights & foglights
    Spyder Pockets
    LED front fender kit -running & turn signals
    Custom Back off mudflap
    Vinyl nameplate & 1330 triple decals by New Image Signs
    Custom RLS exhaust
    Hogtunes speakers 5 1/4 front and back
    Memphis Powersports Amp
    Her name is "Purl"
    2016 RT-S , white

Spyder Garage

Default Nolan Helmet in the Frunk

Not sure what Nolan helmet you have but my N104 XXXL does fit in the frunk of our RT-S. You have to ensure the frunk is empty on the bottom and place it in visor 1st. The XXXL is the largest modular helmet Nolan makes so you should be able to with some patience.

20170823_104225.jpg
    Marilyn 2023 RTL Red
    John 2023 RTL Black

previous:
    2015 RTS SE6 Red
    2015 F3S SE6 Silver
    2011 RT SM5 Silver
    2013 STS SM5 Silver

"common sense will prevail....but we see no sign of that"

Spyder Garage

Default N 44 and N40 full

Wifes N44 fits in frunk. My N40 fits in empty right saddle bag. We also use lid locks they work great and are easy to install.
    900 Ryker Wifes

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I think you mean the neck strap that secures the helmet to the head. It's ratcheting and doesn't really have a place to run a security cable or other device through like the D-ring of traditional helmet strap systems;

There's a picture of it here (on a different helmet) http://www.nolan-usa.com/products/n2...ed-junkie.html
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

We use Nolan helmets exclusively. All our N40 versions fit in the frunk of our RT's. We also carry "small stuff" in the frunks. I don't like fiddling with the top trunk or side saddlebags--so have never went there for helmet storage.

Your profile says RTL--so I think your covered.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by PaladinLV View Post
    Lidlocks

They advertise on this site.

AJ
    X2 was out on ride with a bud that has a nolan & he forgot his lock piece, was able to use my spare T piece for lid lox & fit np, off to lunch we went.

2013 STL SE5 BLACK CURRANT
    SpyderPop's: LED bumpskid
    SmoothSpyder: dualmode back rest
    T r * * LED:foam grip covers, Tricrings, FenderZ,
    brake light strips, wide vue mirrors
    Rivico SOMA modulation brake leds
    sawblade mowhalk fender accents
    minispyder dash toy
    Lid lox
    KradelLock
    Pakitrack
    GENSSI ELITE LED H4 headlights
    FLO (Frunk Lid Organizer)
    BRP fog lights, trailer hitch
    SENA 20S EVO
    2013 STL , Stock Stock Black currant

Spyder Garage

there are little tabs that stick out from the plastic when you have your seat up. If you run your fingers along the inside edge you will feel them. Open your chin strap as much as it will go and you can hook it around that tab then close your seat. How the helmet is secured is not really visible so you are as safe as you can be with honest people. There is no safety with dishonest people.

Happy TRAils/NSD
    Paul

2012 RT L
    AMA 25 years Life Member
    TRA
    PGR
    Rhino Riders Plate #83
    Venturers #78
    TOI

2012 Spyder RT L , Baja Ron Plugs and wires Lava Bronze

Spyder Garage

Thank You all for the much needed advice. I did manage to get the helmet in the frunk but had to take EVERYTHING out including the owners manual. Even then it is a very tight squeeze. Not as convenient as I would like. Not even close to fitting in the side bags. (Did I mention I have a big ol' fat head and my Nolan outer shell is the biggest they make) Looks like Lidlox or Helmet Guardian are my best bet. Just need to make sure the T extension will fit through the Nolan helmet latch. I know my Goldwing T will not.
    2005 Windveil Blue Premium Mustang Convertible
    2008 Honda GL1800/California Sidecar Trike, SOLD
    2014 Platinum Silver Satin Spyder RTL, SOLD
    Semper Fi

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

For 11 years now I haven't worried about locking my helmet. I just set it on the seat and throw my jacket over the top. Hasn't been stolen yet, knock on wood! At hotels I take it into the room, just to be extra safe.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

Default Nolan helmet

My Nolan N-102 modular fits in the frunk fine. As a matter of fact, my Nolan and my wife's open face (with a windshield) both fit in the frunk together.
    I leave the facemask open on my Nolan, and put it in the frunk sideways (face towards the right side of the bike), then puts my wife's on top of mine.

Spyder Garage

I use a light weight cable lock and run it through the chin bar on both helmets, through one sleeve on each jacket and then through the passenger grab handles. Put the helmets on the seat and the jackets on top of them. Been doing it this way for years. at night everything goes in the room.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Right-hand side storage compartment...
    (close everything up on the helmet tightly...)
    Visor facing toward the front of the bike: slide it into the compartment on it's side, and neck opening first.

If that doesn't work: Lidlox work fantastic!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Thank You all for the much needed advice. I did manage to get the helmet in the frunk but had to take EVERYTHING out including the owners manual. Even then it is a very tight squeeze. Not as convenient as I would like. Not even close to fitting in the side bags. (Did I mention I have a big ol' fat head and my Nolan outer shell is the biggest they make) Looks like Lidlox or Helmet Guardian are my best bet. Just need to make sure the T extension will fit through the Nolan helmet latch. I know my Goldwing T will not.
    The size question did not come to mind. We are of course Nolan mediums.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

My Nolan helmet I use to have was a model 103 I believe could be wrong. Purchased a handle bar lock with a "T" ring bar to secure. Can't show you pictures since photobucket "f'" d me

Spyder Garage

Lidlock T bar fits a Nolan no problem, cause one of my helmets is one

AJ

2014 RT-S
    Akrapovic Exhaust & Cat Bypass
    Bajaron Sway Bar w/links / Sena SM-10/Garmin 660
    Comfort Seat w Adjustable Backrest
    Decals by Purple Harley / Magic Strobe
    Kuryakyn Black Widow Pegs Rivco Highway Brackets
    Rivco Trunk Mounted Double Flag Holder
    FOBO / Spyder Cuff / XM Radio w MC Antenna

2014 RT/S , Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by fjray View Post
    I use a light weight cable lock and run it through the chin bar on both helmets, through one sleeve on each jacket and then through the passenger grab handles. Put the helmets on the seat and the jackets on top of them. Been doing it this way for years. at night everything goes in the room.

+1 to this
    and you keep the stuff in the bags
    if you don't use a full face, you can feed the cable through the d-ring on the helmet.
    or, like on my modular, between the chin bar and face shield

2017 F3, SM6-basic black, plain and simple

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by fjray View Post
    Ditto for me and Deb ---- for 20 + years.