Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default My new 2018 RT Limited Demo is in my shop

I just brought it home and starting to play with the new dash........................

More to follow

Cruzr Joe
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Joel The Biker View Post
    DEMO?

Yes DEMO

I am a Spyder Ambassador for Bradford Marine and ATV in Arkansas and they are also a Spyder Dealer, so as an Ambassador i get several new Spyders each year to ride and demo for new, current and prospective customers. (all at no cost of course)

It is a hard job .......................... But somebody has to do it. LOL Talk to your local dealer an offer to be an Ambassador for them.

NO, i do not need an assistant.

Cruzr Joe
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Hope you got the software update as I've found a few glitches that need fixing. My dealer couldn't do it right away and I was in Tuesday and they told me that have the tools but need to figure out how to do it. I've told them I want to bring it in next week to get it done. Also would love to be able to access my phone favorites instead of the address book. Takes forever to get to the name I want to call.
    2021 F3 Ltd , Magna Red

Spyder Garage

my iphone 4 won't connect .......................... it keeps telling me to connect via USB and i have it plugged in but it won't connect

Cruzr Joe

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

You have to connect via bluetooth AND cable. With main radio visible, punch the joystick and then navigate to settings then bluetooth then add phone. Same thing with headset.
    2021 F3 Ltd , Magna Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

It took me a few times to figure it out. The tutorial videos are crap at basic setup. Then you have to open BRP Connect before you plug in. It has to be the app visible or it will try to connect and will ask if you want to allow the bike to connect but then you're sitting on the bike and don't know its asking for a response. Then there is listening to music and when the Genius Maps tells you a direction the music stops and you can't get it going again. I believe the update will fix this but not sure.
    2021 F3 Ltd , Magna Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Flamewinger View Post
    It took me a few times to figure it out. The tutorial videos are crap at basic setup. Then you have to open BRP Connect before you plug in. It has to be the app visible or it will try to connect and will ask if you want to allow the bike to connect but then you're sitting on the bike and don't know its asking for a response. Then there is listening to music and when the Genius Maps tells you a direction the music stops and you can't get it going again. I believe the update will fix this but not sure.

I am going back to the dealership tomorrow and see if it needs an update

Spyder Garage

Default Good gig if you can get it ..!

Quote Originally Posted by Cruzr Joe View Post
    Yes DEMO

I am a Spyder Ambassador for Bradford Marine and ATV in Arkansas and they are also a Spyder Dealer, so as an Ambassador i get several new Spyders each year to ride and demo for new, current and prospective customers. (all at no cost of course)

It is a hard job .......................... But somebody has to do it. LOL Talk to your local dealer an offer to be an Ambassador for them.

Cruzr Joe
    thats the dealership where I purchased mine at. I have to say that they have a great sales staff there ...!
    2016 RT-Ltd
    Bajaron swaybar
    Spyderpops trunk light
    Elka stage 2 front shocks
    Extra longbrake pedal
    brake modulator
    Centramatic wheel balancers on the front and rear.
    Rivco dual flag holder
    Tricled mirror turn signal indicators
    with American and Texas flags
    Lamonster Magic Mirrors
    missing belt guard
    Lambskin seat cover from Smokey mountain sheepskin.com
    Tricled 360 degree led Headlights
    Lamonster led fog lights
    Baker air wings
    2019 Silverado Duramax dually
    2019 Cyclone 4007 toyhauler
    Spyderpops bumpskid w led light
    Rivco brand footrest
    spydermanexhaust.com exhaust
    had my exhaust installed @ Spyder in the hills.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

[QUOTE=Cruzr Joe;1335254]Yes DEMO

Aw come on Joe, everyone needs some help. Dale

Spyder Garage

my iphone 4 won't connect .......................... it keeps telling me to connect via USB and i have it plugged in but it won't connect
    Cruzr Joe
    You may have to update your choice of phone....

Which mobile devices does BRP Connect support?
    BRP Connect supports the following devices

• Apple: iPhone 6 and up
    • Android: most devices from 2016 and up (e.g. Samsung Galaxy S7, S8, A3, A5, J3, J5, J7; Huawei P9 Lite; LG G5)

Which operating systems (OSes) does BRP Connect support?
    BRP Connect has been successfully tested with and therefore supports the following operating systems (OSes):

• Apple: iOS 10 and up
    • Android: Android 6.0 and up
    Marilyn 2015 RTS SE6 Red
    John 2015 F3S SE6 Silver

previous:
    2011 RT SM5 Silver
    2013 STS SM5 Silver

"common sense will prevail....but we see no sign of that"

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Joe,
    Why, you lucky ole DAWG!!

I got my phone to link up to mine this morning...
    Initial feelings:
    The new foam grips are comfy
    he new dash is PLENTY visible!
    The smoked headlight and foglight covers are AWESOME!
    The rear storge compartment still has a 12 volt power port in it.
    The USB plug is up in the frunk
    The Parking brake switch has been moved...
    ...as has the mode switch
    And the Set switch has gone!
    (You just push in on the end of the joystick!
    The rear air suspension is now completely self-adjusting: no more buttons for it!

And to prove that the bike is attractive with even an ugly guy sitting on it:

0210181039a.jpg
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Joe, you have all the fun.
    2020 Chalk, RT Limited, Dark and matching RT622 trailer and BRP hitch. BRP Drivers Backrest, Auxiliary Light, Garmin Zumo XT, GPS Support, RT Rear Panel and Travel Cover. Spyderpops LEDs on fenders, mirrors, saddlebags, top case and RT rear panel. Spyderpops Rock Guard. BajaRon Swaybar, Wolo Bad Boy horn, Freedom Windshield, Elka Shocks.
    2020 RT Limited , Chalk

Spyder Garage

When I got my first Spyder I made a rule for me. NO phone usage while on the Spyder. It was worked out well for me as there can enough distractions.

Spyder Garage

I got the feeling that you are actually paying Bradford money for the job of being an ambassador. But I am sure whatever the price, it's cheaper than some new granite counter tops
    2015 RT Limited Intense Red Pearl

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Cavman View Post
    When I got my first Spyder I made a rule for me. NO phone usage while on the Spyder. It was worked out well for me as there can enough distractions.
    Cavman, That's great! Though my phone mount over my dash also serves as my GPS, and I've driven 20,000 accident free miles with that, in and out of group rides, traffic jams, etc and it works fine. for whatever reason, some folks don't know they can ignore their cell phone even while using for getting directions..... really,...
    Safe Rides,
    David and Sharon Goebel
    Both Retired USAF Veterans
    2018 Anniversary Edition RT Limited
    Baja Ron ultimate swaybar. Vredestein tires, Baja Ron Front Shock Pre-load adjusters, Pedal Box, See my Spyder Garage
    IBA 70020

Spyder Garage

Well i had to go buy a Iphone 7 in order to use BRP connect, but it now works like a charm. I now need to learn how to use this BRP connect so i can help others.

Cruzr Joe

Spyder Garage

Yes DEMO

Cruzr Joe
    Cruzr Joe, you are one spoiled Spyder Ryder!!!!!!! (but I'm just jealous?)
    BIG F

Spyder Garage

Yes DEMO

Cruzr Joe
    Now that you are the 2018 Ambassador please keep us all tuned in on what makes the 2018 tick. Mine was due in to my dealer in January, but somehow my unit got caught up in a backlog????? Now due in within the next 2 weeks. can't ride it here with our weather, but still will look nice sitting in my garage.
    BIG F

Spyder Garage

I am learning the new BRP Connect system and when it works ................ it is sweet .................... but it still has some glitches.

You can now check your fuel consumption (MPGs) on the dash while you are riding

Cruzr Joe

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

...And you can also see your average speed... and your maximum speed!!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post

Reset the maximum speed OFTEN

Anonymous

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    So the first thing to learn is how to reset that quickly, but as nonchalantly as possible - ideally in less than the time it takes a cop to get out of his car:-)

Very Active Member Pirate looks at --'s Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Well i had to go buy a Iphone 7 in order to use BRP connect, but it now works like a charm. I now need to learn how to use this BRP connect so i can help others.

Cruzr Joe
    Hey Joe your iPone 4 is the one with the dial right?
    White 2013 Spyder RT Limited. BajaRon Swaybar, Custom Dynamic Third Brake Light. Ultimate Custom Black and White seat with driver and passenger back rest. Gloryder Led Wheel lights.Custom Dynamics Led Bright sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright sides.

2016 F3 Limited Intense Red Pearl. Lidlox, BRP Driver Back Rest, BRP Passenger Back Rest,Fog Lights, GPS, Signature Light! Custom Dynamics LED Bright Sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright Sides.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

This is Joe's...

Rotary-Cell-Phone-28167.jpg

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Hey Anonymous: We're waiting for some pictures!