Spyder Garage

Thumbs up Lamonster Garage Can Am Spyder Oil Change kits in stock

We finally received our full Synthetic oil for your Spyder. This is the best of the best blended for us by Spectro Oils. We're also providing K&N oil filters and replacement O-rings and washers.
    Joan and I have been running it in our Spyders and one of the first thing I noticed is my timing chain was not near as noisy at startup as it use to be. We also noticed smoother shifting. Because we are doing the marketing in house we've been able to keep the price down below what it would cost to order this product direct. We also did our own independent oil analysis to make sure it meets or exceeds all the requirements needed to promote long life in your Spyder as speced out by the factory. The first to dealers to stock this will be Spyderpops and Bajaron if you're already placing orders through them. It's good to have options and to know the quality of the product has been tested and is Lamonster approved.

1330 Kit > http://www.lamonstergarage.com/lamonster-1330-full-synthetic-oil-change-kit/

998 Kit > http://www.lamonstergarage.com/lamonster-998-full-synthetic-oil-change-kit/

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Lamonster View Post
    We finally received our full Synthetic oil for your Spyder. This is the best of the best blended for us by Spectro Oils. We're also providing K&N oil filters and replacement O-rings and washers.
    Joan and I have been running it in our Spyders and one of the first thing I noticed is my timing chain was not near as noisy at startup as it use to be. We also noticed smoother shifting. Because we are doing the marketing in house we've been able to keep the price down below what it would cost to order this product direct. We also did our own independent oil analysis to make sure it meets or exceeds all the requirements needed to promote long life in your Spyder as speced out by the factory. The first to dealers to stock this will be Spyderpops and Bajaron if you're already placing orders through them. It's good to have options and to know the quality of the product has been tested and is Lamonster approved.

1330 Kit > http://www.lamonstergarage.com/lamonster-1330-full-synthetic-oil-change-kit/

998 Kit > http://www.lamonstergarage.com/lamonster-998-full-synthetic-oil-change-kit/

Spector is a great oil.....do you have any lab results or conparisons that u can share? Just interested in the figures and comparisons....thanks

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by donrokon View Post
    Spector is a great oil.....do you have any lab results or conparisons that u can share? Just interested in the figures and comparisons....thanks
    They're here somewhere. I'll have to see if I can find them or get another copy. I'll see what I can do and I'll post it.

Spyder Garage

Default Very Nice....

Great display and presentation. You have combined two great products and you should do well with the Kits. Does make life easy for the do-it-your-selfer ...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Default Spectro oil is a great product from my experience

I’ve used that oil for many years and miles. Good choice you made there..!
    ill get my next oil change kit from you.
    2016 RT-Ltd
    Bajaron swaybar
    Spyderpops trunk light
    Elka stage 2 front shocks
    Extra longbrake pedal
    brake modulator
    Centramatic wheel balancers on the front and rear.
    Rivco dual flag holder
    Tricled mirror turn signal indicators
    with American and Texas flags
    Lamonster Magic Mirrors
    missing belt guard
    Lambskin seat cover from Smokey mountain sheepskin.com
    Tricled 360 degree led Headlights
    Lamonster led fog lights
    Baker air wings
    2019 Silverado Duramax dually
    2019 Cyclone 4007 toyhauler
    Spyderpops bumpskid w led light
    Rivco brand footrest
    spydermanexhaust.com exhaust
    had my exhaust installed @ Spyder in the hills.

Spyder Garage

Its Spectro, not Spector. Two different companies.

I also note that it is rated API SN. This is in conflict with BRP requirement on the 998 SE engines not to run an API SM rated oil. Has this requirement been addressed in some other way with the new product?

Not trying to be negative here, just asking because this slightly odd requirement by BRP has been a matter of some discussion over the years.
    Last edited by jcthorne; 12-10-2017 at 07:47 AM.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Spyder Garage

Default Which K & N Oil Filter?

Which K & N oil filter are you using? I ask because nothing shows up when I go to the K & N website and search for an oil filter for my 2015 RT SE6.

Rob
    2015 RT-Ltd SE6 and F3S SE6, both with a number of commercial add-ons plus my own tweaks.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jcthorne View Post
    Its Spectro, not Spector. Two different companies.

I also note that it is rated API SN. This is in conflict with BRP requirement on the 998 SE engines not to run an API SM rated oil. Has this requirement been addressed in some other way with the new product?

Not trying to be negative here, just asking because this slightly odd requirement by BRP has been a matter of some discussion over the years.
    The Spectro brand has been around since 1966 and they were very familiar with BRP oils and lubricants and their chemist matched up the best performing oil for BRP specs. They also brought in BRP's current recommended oils to send out to a independent lab for oil analysis. I wouldn't make this kind of investment without doing my homework first. I can't directly answer your question about the two different specs but my guess is the premium full synthetic blend covers a broad spectrum. I would be happy to send you a free bottle of oil if you would like to do your own independent testing.

Very Active Member Highwayman2013's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by robhowen View Post
    Which K & N oil filter are you using? I ask because nothing shows up when I go to the K & N website and search for an oil filter for my 2015 RT SE6.

Rob
    The numbers seem to be on the filter boxes in the pictures.
    2016 F3 Limited
    2019 Ryker Rally
    2014 Suzuki V Strom 650
    2020 CSC TT 250
    2016 F 3 Limited , Vegas White

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Lamonster View Post
    The Spectro brand has been around since 1966 and they were very familiar with BRP oils and lubricants and their chemist matched up the best performing oil for BRP specs. They also brought in BRP's current recommended oils to send out to a independent lab for oil analysis. I wouldn't make this kind of investment without doing my homework first. I can't directly answer your question about the two different specs but my guess is the premium full synthetic blend covers a broad spectrum. I would be happy to send you a free bottle of oil if you would like to do your own independent testing.
    Thanks. I'll decline the sample as I do not have access to that kind of testing labs. I was just looking for the back story since this SM spec has been quite the trouble maker for oils on the 998 bikes. I still to this day stock different oil only for those bikes just out of an abundance of caution. I am not enough of an oil expert to make the call on what is good enough.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Joel The Biker View Post
    I would also be concerned that it would void your warranty if the oil does not meet BRP specs and you have an issue.
    That's why we had it tested to meet those specs.

Very Active Member SteveLaoyster's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Spec sheet....

I found a spec sheet on their 10w40 full synthetic.

Oops, sorry. This is not full synthetic specs. It's just Spectro 4. Still looks like pretty good oil.

http://spectro-oils.com/wp-content/t...0Lubricant.pdf

Still looking for the 5w40.
    Last edited by SteveLaoyster; 12-11-2017 at 09:07 PM.
    AKA Jud Smales, Four Year Spyder Ryder!
    "Quando Omni Flunkus, Moritati"

The Critter 2016 RT-S
    Cat Bypass from Lamonster
    BajaRon Sway Bar
    Hella dual horns with relay
    BRP Hitch with trailer module
    Foam Grips
    Adjustable Air Deflectors
    Driver & Passenger Gel Pads in Seat
    Shorty antenna
    Ultraguard half cover
    Gremlin bell from my son
    Break Stripe Kit from Wrap My Spyder
    2016 RT-S , stock not yet Pearl White

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Good Grief you Guys and Gals, his oil is perfect for your Spyder.

Some of you must have an advanced PHD Degree in "Nit Picking".
    Dean O
    Gran Pa Hoon
    Founder San Jose BMW
    Builder of the Motorcyclist Cafe Barn and Bunkhouse
    Alamogordo, NM

'20 Spyder F3 L

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by old Timer View Post

Monique,
    2016 F3t pearl white
    Ultimate driver back rest
    12v power outlet for batt. tender
    Doc Humphries' vibration damper
    factory floorboards
    added topcase

Very Active Member SteveLaoyster's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by old Timer View Post

You are correct that this is the perfect oil. I had a Yamaha 650 that would shift hard until I put spectro oil in. Then it was smooth shifting. Spectro has great oil!
    AKA Jud Smales, Four Year Spyder Ryder!
    "Quando Omni Flunkus, Moritati"

The Critter 2016 RT-S
    Cat Bypass from Lamonster
    BajaRon Sway Bar
    Hella dual horns with relay
    BRP Hitch with trailer module
    Foam Grips
    Adjustable Air Deflectors
    Driver & Passenger Gel Pads in Seat
    Shorty antenna
    Ultraguard half cover
    Gremlin bell from my son
    Break Stripe Kit from Wrap My Spyder
    2016 RT-S , stock not yet Pearl White

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default what about

i am using bel ray synthetic ester 10w-40 are you going to have filter kit and o rings availabe ?

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

How many brands of oils are there out there in the US, and how many oil blending companies are there? I've never heard of Spectro. There's only about a half dozen oil refiners out there now. Used to be dozens of them. What sort of chemical plants make the synthetics, oil refiners or outfits like Dow and Monsanto? Do synthetics start out from dino base oils, or what? I guess it's time to surf the Google world!

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by IdahoMtnSpyder View Post
    I've never heard of Spectro.
    Spectro is an old and respected Synthetic oil manufacturer. They started back in the mid 60's making racing oil for 2 stroke racing/MX motorcycles and had very good success. As the world began to change they went over into the 4 stroke world as well. I used it for awhile in the 80's in my Yamaha Venture. It did smooth out the shifting for awhile but then the third gear eventually went out (a known early Venture problem). I think it is a very good reliable oil company. They are still very well respected in the racing arena. You may know it more commonly as Golden Spectro. I have to applaud Lamonster for going out on a limb like this to provide the Spyder community a high quality oil designed to match the specs of our vehicles. I hope your dedication to the Spyder community is well rewarded.

Happy TRAils/NSD
    Paul

2012 RT L
    AMA 25 years Life Member
    TRA
    PGR
    Rhino Riders Plate #83
    Venturers #78
    TOI

2012 Spyder RT L , Baja Ron Plugs and wires Lava Bronze

Very Active Member Highwayman2013's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by IdahoMtnSpyder View Post
    How many brands of oils are there out there in the US, and how many oil blending companies are there? I've never heard of Spectro. There's only about a half dozen oil refiners out there now. Used to be dozens of them. What sort of chemical plants make the synthetics, oil refiners or outfits like Dow and Monsanto? Do synthetics start out from dino base oils, or what? I guess it's time to surf the Google world!
    bobistheoilguy.com
    2016 F3 Limited
    2019 Ryker Rally
    2014 Suzuki V Strom 650
    2020 CSC TT 250
    2016 F 3 Limited , Vegas White