Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Hybrid View

Spyder Garage

Default me too

After feeling(OUCH) then hearing and reading all of the heat problems of the ST-S I too sent BRP an email yesterday. After riding this summer my '13 sure feels hotter than it ever has! Lets see how long it takes to get a response. BTW -did all of you who contacted BRP send your emails to the complaint dept.?

Spyder Garage

I just sent an email directly to brp.care@brp.com
    Last edited by Jeffsm69; 08-14-2014 at 07:02 AM.
    2009 GS , Iridium Plugs Red

...in the pink (Girls On Spyders)
    Spyder Garage

It would be interesting to find out how many 2013 ST owners have been contacted by NHTSA....and if contacted...did you file a complaint....

BRP is giving 2014 air flow panels to a lot of owners...good to see...it really helps in the heat department....mine is almost completely gone......sad that we had to fight tooth and nail with BRP....

I have a 2013 ST purchased March 2013 and was sent pics of the new panels last September during club (where all dealers see the new line up) and that is when I started asking for the panel to test, since I live south and ride all year long...finally ordered mine right before Spyderfest 2014....what a difference....I put up with the heat for over a year...many parts have been replaced due to the heat....everybody got tired of listening to me grump.....here's hoping for smooth riding...here on out...good luck to everyone on getting panels replaced

Spyder Garage

Default What the Heck!

Below is the letter I sent to the complaint dept on the brp website on Aug 11th. I was happy to see the quick response 2 days later til I read the reply. I sent back another letter directly to the rep asking if I should have gotten a case #. We'll see if there is a more positive response!

Hello
    The left side of bike is getting hotter and hotter -near calf knee and thigh. This was noticeable last season but its getting worse. As I read online about bikes catching on fire I thought I should share my concern. I also read that changing to new panels seems to negate this issue. I've talked to my dealer about this but it has never been written up during service. I have done all recalls that should have eliminated the issue. How can this be resolved? I appreciate any help and guidance
    Relationship with BRP Owner of a BRP Vehicle
    Subject Complaint
    Product Can-AM Roadster
    Model Name & Year Spyder ST-S SE-5 2013

Mr Stella,

Thank you for taking the time to contact BRP.

In response to your request, you can request more information to your dealer on the heat dissipation kit and panels we offer.

To find a dealership in your area, please visit our website at: www.brp.com.

You can click on the ''find a dealer'' tab on the top right corner of the screen. You must then select your country at the bottom of the page. Please enter you city or zip code in order to see your closest dealers. You can then click on the logo of the different dealership to get their contact information.

You can reach us by replying to this email or you can contact us at T + 888.272.9222 if you have any other questions or comments.

Thank you for contacting BRP,

Firstname Mathew
    Lastname Stella
    Phone
    Email
    Country US

Louis-David
    BRP
    75, rue J-A Bombardier | Sherbrooke | QC | Canada | J1L 1W3
    T + 888.272.9222
    www.brp.com

Spyder Garage

Reply to that email and insist they cover the panel cost under warranty, make it clear that you hace no intention of paying for them yourself and you want a case number assigned to your complaint

Spyder Garage

I got a basic form letter telling me to go to my dealer however when I did bring up the heat a while back (long while back) I was told its normal.

My second email was a bit more..... Let's say.... it's still nice but the tone is changing from my first attempt.
    Last edited by MMMII; 12-07-2014 at 07:50 PM.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Thumbs up

Glad to see BRP is making things right on this issue!!! Just sent an email off myself!

Spyder Garage

My wife called our dealership today and she was told that the panels have been ordered and they are on the way.

Spyder Garage

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by bscrive View Post
    My wife called our dealership today and she was told that the panels have been ordered and they are on the way.
    I was at my dealers today and he showed me a bulletin about BRP replacing old panels with the new style ...no cost to me. Ordered my set right then and there

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by esmith3190 View Post
    I was at my dealers today and he showed me a bulletin about BRP replacing old panels with the new style ...no cost to me. Ordered my set right then and there
    I hesitate to mention this but yes that bulletin was just released under my case number and my emails to BRP Care, So anyone wanting the new panels can just go to their local dealer and request them, no more need to contact BRP Care by email

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffsm69 View Post
    I hesitate to mention this but yes that bulletin was just released under my case number and my emails to BRP Care, So anyone wanting the new panels can just go to their local dealer and request them, no more need to contact BRP Care by email
    do you know the number on that service bulletin, in case the dealer say he never heard of it.

Spyder Garage

thanks for all your post here regarding this matter!
    I finally got ahold of BRP care with the number you posted. Maryann without hassle, gave me a case number and said she would notify dealer. I went to the dealer within 45 minutes and unfortunately he hadn't received Maryann's info yet but took my case number and said he would be in touch. He seemed genuinely in the dark regarding BRP taking care of this matter. I actually was a little bothered by why he hadn't tried to contact me to begin with a couple of weeks ago when this became reality, but his reaction was such that I believe being here in Michigan, this dealer hasn't had to deal with this topic much if at all. At any rate I'll follow up with him tomorrow but I'm feeling like BRP based on Maryann's quick and decisive action, is going to do the right thing and reimburse me for my panels. Of course I'll keep all posted.

Snoopy I'd definitely look into it!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Encouraging

Thanks you SO much for posting about the 2014 panels in Mag! And telling us about BRP stepping up and sending them at no cost. Very encouraging.

I sent off a note to BRP today in hopes they realize that only good things can come from quality customer care. When people ask me about my Spyder, I always tell them great things… except with one caveat, and that is the heat issue. I'd love to lose that caveat, and BRP should hope all its 2013 ST riders do too.

To me, it is not just a comfort issue, but a safety issue. When I take hard turns, I want to be able to press the outside leg flush against the panels to get a better lean. Sometimes it's so hot that I have to pull away, even in thick jeans. Not safe. And… this is after wrapping my exhaust and protecting my gas tank and oil reservoir with heat shielding.

Keeping my fingers crossed that BRP will do the right thing.

Spyder Garage

Default Air Duct Retrofit Kit

Here's the parts list for the Kit and how they are installed (very pictorial !!)
    Took me about 1.5 Hours to complete the retrofit.

ST_Panels_Page_2.jpg ST_Panels_Page_4.jpg
    Marilyn 2023 RTL Red
    John 2023 RTL Black

previous:
    2015 RTS SE6 Red
    2015 F3S SE6 Silver
    2011 RT SM5 Silver
    2013 STS SM5 Silver

"common sense will prevail....but we see no sign of that"

Spyder Garage

Nice

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Panels for the '13 ST-L came in...

The Panels for my gals '13 ST-L came in BUT were in black...her ryde is white. The dealer is reordering in the correct color (9/2 est delivery date) and will install once they're here.
    Nice to know BRP took care of this...even if it did take a bit of time.

I have a friend who paid for his replacement panels on his own dime a few months back and is now interested in how to obtain reimbursement.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Spyder Tony View Post
    The Panels for my gals '13 ST-L came in BUT were in black...her ryde is white. The dealer is reordering in the correct color (9/2 est delivery date) and will install once they're here.
    Nice to know BRP took care of this...even if it did take a bit of time.

I have a friend who paid for his replacement panels on his own dime a few months back and is now interested in how to obtain reimbursement.

Having done my own also, I sent an email to BRP. They contacted my dealer (for unknown reasons to me, because I didn't purchase them there)...still waiting...

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default New airflow panels for 2013 ST-L

I just sent an email directly to brp.care@brp.com
    Just left the dealership after having the new panels installed. The process took about two weeks from first e-mail until installation. I followed my e-mail with a call to BRP. That is when they gave me Reference Number.

The trip home, in 90 degree weather, was much cooler. The fix seems to be working.

Spyder Garage

Default air flow panels

I just got a 2013 sts se5 how do i tell if the air flow panels were replaced ?? i did notice it is quite hot on my left leg.
    2013 sts , Pure Magnesium

Spyder Garage

After contacting BRP, I had the new panels installed by my dealer. I had previously installed air wings. I replaced the stock panel bolts with the ones supplied by Baker, slightly longer to reflect the additional width of the brackets. When the dealer installed the new panels they did use any bolts stating that they needed the original bolts from the 2013 panels. The "Baker" bolts and the original bolts are the same thread size, both the original and the Baker bolts are smaller in diameter then what the replacement panels require. I am thinking that the new panels use "1/4" turn bolts. Any one else run into this issue?

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default GOT MY NEW PANELS

My wife graciously took my STL to the dealer yesterday and they installed the new air scoop panels the whole process took about a month
    from the time I contacted BRP and then my dealer the only hoop I had to jump through was to run up to the dealer and have them hook it up to buds to confirm that I had all of the most current updates and then they ordered up the panels it took about a week and a half for shipping so I am quite pleased with BRP. I have yet to ryde it with the new panels my wife said it is running much cooler though.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default SIDE SCOOP PANELS WRONG COLOR

Quote Originally Posted by chuck gross View Post
    My wife graciously took my STL to the dealer yesterday and they installed the new air scoop panels the whole process took about a month
    from the time I contacted BRP and then my dealer the only hoop I had to jump through was to run up to the dealer and have them hook it up to buds to confirm that I had all of the most current updates and then they ordered up the panels it took about a week and a half for shipping so I am quite pleased with BRP. I have yet to ryde it with the new panels my wife said it is running much cooler though.
    I got the panels for my 13 ST from BRP, but they sent me the worng color, my spyder is black steel metallic and they sent the current black ones, that come on the ST Limited. My dealer called BRP and they said to have them painted. As everyone knows repaints by some low bidder will be no where near the quality of BRP.
    Also, it would be a big project to remove the wrong paint, then sand, primer, repaint, buff, etc. Then the paint shop would have to tlry to match the color since BRP will not ship them the paint. I have lots of money in after market parts, plus the high cost of my ST. I nor my dealer cannot understand why did this, black steel met. is a color for the 2014 panels. I will not accept this and my dealer is trying to get BRP to send the correct color panels for my spyder. Has anyone else had this probelm with getting wrong color from BRP?

Spyder Garage

Default Success!!

Another successful panel install!! I just got by spyder back from the dealer and drove it to work with the new panels it. First thing I noticed, the heat was completely, if not at all, gone! Then the temp gauge stayed at a constant temp which was the lowest I've seen it on any cruise. Parked and immediately turned off the bike with the fan not coming on at all. Start to finish, 2 1/2 weeks with a little chasing down on my part.

You can check my STS off the books!!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by sting1373 View Post
    Another successful panel install!! I just got by spyder back from the dealer and drove it to work with the new panels it. First thing I noticed, the heat was completely, if not at all, gone! Then the temp gauge stayed at a constant temp which was the lowest I've seen it on any cruise. Parked and immediately turned off the bike with the fan not coming on at all. Start to finish, 2 1/2 weeks with a little chasing down on my part.

You can check my STS off the books!!
    fantastic...hope I'm next

Spyder Garage

My panels are in - my panels are in!

Install next Thursday..