Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default Super Clamp Spyder Is Discontinued.

I Really liked the idea of the Superclamp spyder. it would hold your spyder in position with out having to tighten straps against your wheels or parts of your frame. Seemed like that would throw out an alignment if done incorrectly. I know there are a lot of posts on various ways to tie down a spyder, what I would like to know is has anyone found another system that can be bought as a kit (everything you need in one package) that does the same thing as the superclamp system?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by TheCajun1957 View Post
    I Really liked the idea of the Superclamp spyder. it would hold your spyder in position with out having to tighten straps against your wheels or parts of your frame. Seemed like that would throw out an alignment if done incorrectly. I know there are a lot of posts on various ways to tie down a spyder, what I would like to know is has anyone found another system that can be bought as a kit (everything you need in one package) that does the same thing as the superclamp system?
    Use 3 ratchet straps, one over the top of each wheel. Can be purchased in sets of 2 or 4. And then pick up 6 "eye hooks" for your trailer deck. Position the Spyder where ya wan it on the trailer. Put a strap over each tire (in the travel direction) and let the strap hang vertically down to the deck. You'll mount your eye hooks at the ends of each strap. And that's how you'll ratchet it down. It can be done for under $50 and is scratch free and doesn't pull or push on any suspension components. Here's a picture of the rear tire, just do the same for the two fronts and you're golden.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2021 RT Limited

2016 RTS , Pearl White

Spyder Garage

Is the Spyder Super Clamp discontinued ? No comment of that in original post.

If SO....do they have stock on hand ? I will look into it too....
    Craig From Albany Oregon

Spyder Garage

Default While there are other ways

Super Clamp is the easiest, the best. Just that simple.
    Doug Barnes
    James 4:17

all on two wheels. More on four or more. Guess I may need to start multi-coloring for three wheels.

Spyder Garage

It is still on their web site...so I sent them an email.

Guess what.....the manufacturer just called me ! 7pm their time

Yes it is discontinued and they are 100% sold out. Discontinued as; they are made in Canada, many of the materials come from the US and material costs have gone up 30%, then when they send them out of Canada the dollar exchange rate....they get screwed. So they basically can not afford to make them anymore. If they did a new retail price (they are already not cheap) would be prohibitive. He has a dealer that plans to send a few back to him, new, so I have my name on one if that happens.

I was waiting hoping to see a price drop. Best system I have seen for the Spyder..... Oh well.
    Craig From Albany Oregon

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default BEST SYSTEM - REALLY

Quote Originally Posted by WEB-WVR View Post

Yes it is discontinued and they are 100% sold out. Discontinued as; they are made in Canada, many of the materials come from the US and material costs have gone up 30%, then when they send them out of Canada the dollar exchange rate....they get screwed. So they basically can not afford to make them anymore. If they did a new retail price (they are already not cheap) would be prohibitive. He has a dealer that plans to send a few back to him, new, so I have my name on one if that happens.

I was waiting hoping to see a price drop. Best system I have seen for the Spyder..... Oh well.
    The BEST SYSTEM is in post #2 ...... I started this over two years ago, and now people are finally doing it....... you could actually turn the entire trailer over and the Spyder would re-main ON THE TRAILER ....That wouldn't happen with the SUPER-CLAMPS ..................Mike

Spyder Garage

Super Clamp, the best gift I ever gave to my Spyder. I have them and would never go back to the Dark Side of Straps, Chalks, Ropes and stopping every fifty miles to see if my Spyder is OK. If anyone has a used set for sale jump on it. They are fantastic.

Jack
    All my life I wanted to be somebody, now I realize I should have been more specific.
    2019 Specialized E-Bike COMO 2.0
    2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
    2018 Tiffin Phaeton 37BH Motorhome
    2015 BMW R1200R LC
    2014 RTL SE6 Pearl White
    2012 RT-622 trailer viper red
    2014 Look 7x12 motorcycle trailer silver and black
    2011 Polaris Ranger green
    2013 GMC Yukon Denali XL silver oak
    2016 Can Am Maverick

Spyder Garage

Default Sorry, Mike

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    The BEST SYSTEM is in post #2 ...... I started this over two years ago, and now people are finally doing it....... you could actually turn the entire trailer over and the Spyder would re-main ON THE TRAILER ....That wouldn't happen with the SUPER-CLAMPS ..................Mike
    I used your method before the Super Clamp. I am guessing you never used the Super Clamp.
    Doug Barnes
    James 4:17

all on two wheels. More on four or more. Guess I may need to start multi-coloring for three wheels.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Mazo EMS2 View Post
    Use 3 ratchet straps, one over the top of each wheel. Can be purchased in sets of 2 or 4. And then pick up 6 "eye hooks" for your trailer deck. Position the Spyder where ya wan it on the trailer. Put a strap over each tire (in the travel direction) and let the strap hang vertically down to the deck. You'll mount your eye hooks at the ends of each strap. And that's how you'll ratchet it down. It can be done for under $50 and is scratch free and doesn't pull or push on any suspension components. Here's a picture of the rear tire, just do the same for the two fronts and you're golden.
    How dobyou ratchet it down? Looks like the rear fender is in the way? And is it a problem releasing the tension to remove the strap as well.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
    2007 M109R LE - To many MODS to list. Its cheaper that way!!!

Spyder Garage

Default BEST SYSTEM - REALLY

Quote Originally Posted by M109Dreamer View Post
    How dobyou ratchet it down? Looks like the rear fender is in the way? And is it a problem releasing the tension to remove the strap as well.

......His YELLOW STRAP is kinda long ( I think that is an older PIC ) ...Mine is much shorter ..... and you don't need to rachet much 3 - 4 at most and that tire is NOT moving...... ........If there was a " Diamond encrusted Solid Gold Super - Clamp " .......... can you guess which Spyderlover would own one ....maybe TWO ................... Mike

Spyder Garage

Mike ( Blueknight911) is right about the BEST SYSTEM in post # 2. He used that system on my( first) 2012 RTSE-5 and my SPYDER DID NOT MOVE. Deanna

Current Spyder - 2023 F3 LTD Special Mineral Blue

Red LED NANO Saddlebag Marker Lights with Full Illumination
    Sequential Fender LED'S (Amber/Red) with Safety Reflector
    Dual Power Plate (12 V & USB ports)
    Gremlin Bell
    Rear Trunk Organizer (4 holders, 2 Elastic Holders)
    Lamonster "Top Cuff" with adjustable drink Holder
    SpyderPops Missing Guard Belt
    Console Accent Trim (Carbon Fiber Domed Black)
    Ultimate F3 Floorboards
    Front Fairing Service Access Door Covers (Carbon Fiber Doomed Black)
    Sway Bar with Links
    Rolo Laser Alignment
    Half Cover
    A-Arm Daytime Dual Color LED Running Lights with Blinker Module
    Hi-Viz DRL and Sequential Mirrors lights

Former Spyder - 2014 RTS SE6 Cognac SOLD
    2023 F3 LTD Special Series , N/A N/A Mineral Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    ......His YELLOW STRAP is kinda long ( I think that is an older PIC ) ...Mine is much shorter ..... and you don't need to rachet much 3 - 4 at most and that tire is NOT moving...... ........If there was a " Diamond encrusted Solid Gold Super - Clamp " .......... can you guess which Spyderlover would own one ....maybe TWO ................... Mike [emoji106]
    Lol, yep I could prob guess.

2007 M109R LE - To many MODS to list. Its cheaper that way!!!

Spyder Garage

The Company just called me....they got 6 back from a dealer. One gone, mine is on the way. At this moment they have 4 new in the box left. When they are gone, they are gone. I only put this here as a courtesy. You will need to go to Superclamps web site. Do not order off the site. Call their main number and ask for Todd.
    Craig From Albany Oregon

Spyder Garage

Default SUPER DUPER CLAMP

The Company just called me....they got 6 back from a dealer. One gone, mine is on the way. At this moment they have 4 new in the box left. When they are gone, they are gone. I only put this here as a courtesy. You will need to go to Superclamps web site. Do not order off the site. Call their main number and ask for Todd.
    Yes hurry hurry before C. J. buys them all and has them Gold Plated ......Mike

arntufun

A lot of spyder owners were suckered into this (IMO) stupid way to tie down your Spyder. Most of the people that bought these have no clue they are ratcheting their spyder down on cheap cast metal (a very soft brittle metal) footpegs rather than strong secure wheels.

It's unfortunate that some spyder owners are not informed enough to realize that cast metal foot pegs is not something they should secure to. Not to mention the stress on the suspension.

Besides, you can make these by purchasing two ratchet straps and two camper wheel chocks at $25.00 at Walmart.
    Last edited by arntufun; 08-25-2016 at 07:01 PM.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by M109Dreamer View Post

It does kinda look like it's in the way in the pic, but it's not. Ratcheting and releasing work just fine.
    2021 RT Limited

2016 RTS , Pearl White

Spyder Garage

Default Glad I bit the bullet a couple years ago

Yes, they were not cheap but I got the Super Clamps several years ago and they were well worth the money. I retired the Goldwing because it was becoming too much bike for a 70 year old man. Now the last thing I would want to do is crawl around over my trailer tying down the bike. Hopefully someone else will step up to the plate for future Spyder haulers.
    Last edited by Spyderideron; 08-25-2016 at 09:00 PM.

Spyder Garage

Default SOMEONE ALREADY HAS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Spyderideron View Post
    Yes, they were not cheap but I got the Super Clamps several years ago and they were well worth the money. I retired the Goldwing because it was becoming too much bike for a 70 year old man. Now the last thing I would want to do is crawl around over my trailer tying down the bike. Hopefully someone else will step up to the plate for future Spyder haulers.
    Just put a strong Rachet Strap over the rear tire ( in-line ) and your Spyder will not move .....Screw a couple of wood blocks along side each front wheel and it won't slide either ...... see Pic's in an above post....... Mike

Spyder Garage

Only the best for my baby ! She is high maintenance !

(stock photo)superclamp.jpg
    Craig From Albany Oregon

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Mazo EMS2 View Post
    And a variation of this one would be the folding D rings. Easier to drive over.

Spyder Garage

Default D- RINGS

Quote Originally Posted by GA-SPYDER View Post
    . Yes - just make sure you BOLT them to trailer .... do not trust screws ........ Mike

Spyder Garage

Only the best for my baby ! She is high maintenance !

(stock photo)superclamp.jpg
    ​What a surprise! That's my Spyder and trailer.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by GA-SPYDER View Post
    Our just use something like this
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2015 RT-S SE6
    USAF Retired 1973-1994

Support our Troops

Spyder Garage

Default THOSE ATTACHMENT DEVICES

Quote Originally Posted by CanAmMick View Post
    Our just use something like this
    Mick, I'm the one who started the Rachet Strap thing..... so I know how much pressure is exerted by the strap ..... How exactly is that plug (?)( screw-in piece ) held to the trailer ( which looks to be an aluminum deck ?? )........Thanks Mike

Spyder Garage

What is the big deal with the super clamp? By the picture it looks like you just butt the front tire to it and maybe the orange part "locks" the tire?? I'm thinking that a DIY duplicate would be easy to do.

Whatever you do I agree use bolts through your deck.

Their whole site appears to be down.

One of the hardest decisions you'll ever face in life is choosing whether to walk away or try harder.