Hybrid View

Spyder Garage

That's a great idea, something I have to address soon on my bike. I replaced the cable on mine once already, and said I would never do it again, putting that cable into the key switch was a challenge if you don't know how to take the switch out first!!! Ask me how I know that!! Bandages are optional.
    2012 RTL , Pearl

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    That's a great idea, something I have to address soon on my bike. I replaced the cable on mine once already, and said I would never do it again, putting that cable into the key switch was a challenge if you don't know how to take the switch out first!!! Ask me how I know that!! Bandages are optional.
    I was wondering if I should replace my cable with a new one, but after reading about how mutch hassle to get there, I will not bother.
    Brgds Martin

First Spyder: RS 2008 Yellow&Black - Current: 2012 Spyder RTS Magnesium, bought new from dealer in 2015.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by NorwegianRT View Post
    I was wondering if I should replace my cable with a new one, but after reading about how mutch hassle to get there, I will not bother.
    Well my foreign friend.... another clever idea!! After the fantastic 3d printed trunk holder I really didn't expect another innovation from you! I've had 4 in total trunk supports printed in the last few years ... 3 for me and one giveaway. I will now attempt this current seat revision but hopefully just replacing the spring will do the trick for my current situation. I hate to wish any issues on your RT, but it seems you're adept at coming up with great solutions!! Thank you!!
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 04-07-2024 at 02:08 PM.
    2012 RTL 14 RTS , Pearl White @ Pearl White

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by davev1pa View Post
    Well my foreign friend.... another clever idea!! After the fantastic 3d printed trunk holder I really didn't expect another innovation from you! I've had 4 in total trunk supports printed in the last few years ... 3 for me and one giveaway. I will now attempt this current seat revision but hopefully just replacing the spring will do the trick for my current situation. I hate to wish any issues on your RT, but it seems you're adept at coming up with great solutions!! Thank you!!
    Hi again my friend and thank you for the kind words.
    Glad your trunk lid holders are put to good use and that others also can benefit
    Tomorrow (Monday) I will take the RT to my local dealer and collect the new seat strut, the old one holds nothing anymore and that is no fun when fueling. But I made a 3D print for that as well

Hope life finds you good and wish you a great season with lots of great rides. And you are quite welcome sir.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 04-07-2024 at 02:14 PM. Reason: Fixed quote display ;-)
    Brgds Martin

First Spyder: RS 2008 Yellow&Black - Current: 2012 Spyder RTS Magnesium, bought new from dealer in 2015.

Spyder Garage

This seat strut I gotta see! Please feel free to send me the files on the seat strut as well! I just purchased these for my seat and yeah -the seat "shoots" up now...may be a lil bit too much. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0C3LTVFJ9...t_details&th=1
    2012 RTL 14 RTS , Pearl White @ Pearl White