Hybrid View

Spyder Garage

They do a really interesting thing at the Harley dealer near me (I'm not a Harley guy, but they have one of the best branded companies and sales systems in the country). They have a bike set up where they can quick-change the seat, handle bars, and a few other riding position options (including the windshield, I think) for riders to sit on; they essentially "fit" the bike for you and build up their sale in the process.

I know that there is no comparison in terms of the number of Harley sales vs. F3 sales, but I do wonder if some version of that might not be a very good idea for an enterprising dealer in a more competitive area.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MRH View Post
    They do a really interesting thing at the Harley dealer near me (I'm not a Harley guy, but they have one of the best branded companies and sales systems in the country). They have a bike set up where they can quick-change the seat, handle bars, and a few other riding position options (including the windshield, I think) for riders to sit on; they essentially "fit" the bike for you and build up their sale in the process.

I know that there is no comparison in terms of the number of Harley sales vs. F3 sales, but I do wonder if some version of that might not be a very good idea for an enterprising dealer in a more competitive area.
    I was told that's what the U-fit system is -- they have a mockup or something similar where they can move everything around to see what you like best before you commit to whichever foot position/handlebar position.
    2015 F3 , Pearl White

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by vondalyn View Post
    I was told that's what the U-fit system is -- they have a mockup or something similar where they can move everything around to see what you like best before you commit to whichever foot position/handlebar position.
    Retroactive implementation of my ideas! BRP really is really on the ball.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default F3 long reach bars

F3 is in my garage finally.
    long reach bars are a perfect fit for me.
    sunny and 30 degrees outside...
    still went for my first ride though, all I can say is wow,
    my RS was fun but this F3 is awesome..

Spyder Garage

Default Short Reach VS Standard Reach

We changed the bars out for the short reach on our F3 to make it more comfortable for my wife. The change is fairly easy and my first thought was that I could swap out the bars depending on who was riding the F3. After riding for over a month now I am very happy with the feel of the short reach bar and see no need to change it back to the standard. There is a pin that fits into a slot on the bar at the mounting plate to keep it from moving too far out of position if the screws are loose. By loosening the screws you can rotate the bar giving you 4" to 5" of adjustment. I have them positioned lower so as not to block the mirrors for either of us.

CJ JAX
    Attached Images Attached Images

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default I Have the stock bars . . . .

Quote Originally Posted by zuni View Post
    We changed the bars out for the short reach on our F3 to make it more comfortable for my wife. The change is fairly easy and my first thought was that I could swap out the bars depending on who was riding the F3. After riding for over a month now I am very happy with the feel of the short reach bar and see no need to change it back to the standard. There is a pin that fits into a slot on the bar at the mounting plate to keep it from moving too far out of position if the screws are loose. By loosening the screws you can rotate the bar giving you 4" to 5" of adjustment. I have them positioned lower so as not to block the mirrors for either of us.

CJ JAX
    . . . . and have adjusted mine like CJ did. 2 important things to watch out for.
    1. Yup, don't block the mirror. It is easy to do that.
    2. There is a trade off between a comfortable basic 'cruiser' posture/reach during regular riding and what is required for full turns ( like in a parking lot or in a garage - forward & reverse ). I don't mind the left handgrip rotating out of my reach, but you need to have a full 'useable ' grip on the right for throttle control. When turning the bike to a full right turn, I am pulling the right grip all the way towards me and the left will rotate out of my reach. Then I push the right forward and the left grip will come back into reach. The closer the grip is to your body, the further it will rotate away from you.

So, if you are testing bars, test it for comfort cruising AND how it works at full turn.

It is nice to have so many adjustments to find your 'sweet spot ', all you need to do is get it into the ballpark with the U-fit, and then have the dealer tweek it at delivery, or DIY later after you have some experience with it.

Tom
    Last edited by Tom in NM; 03-01-2015 at 11:30 PM.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Ufit # 5

[QUOTE=Tom in NM;941289]. . . . and have adjusted mine like CJ did. 2 important things to watch out for.
    1. Yup, don't block the mirror. It is easy to do that.
    2. There is a trade off between a comfortable basic 'cruiser' posture/reach during regular riding and what is required for full turns ( like in a parking lot or in a garage - forward & reverse ). I don't mind the left handgrip rotating out of my reach, but you need to have a full 'useable ' grip on the right for throttle control. When turning the bike to a full right turn, I am pulling the right grip all the way towards me and the left will rotate out of my reach. Then I push the right forward and the left grip will come back into reach. The closer the grip is to your body, the further it will rotate.

So, if you are testing bars, test it for comfort cruising AND how it works at full turn.

It is nice to have so many adjustments to find your 'sweet spot ', all you need to do is get it into the ballpark with the U-fit, and then have the dealer tweek it at delivery, or DIY later after you have some experience with it.
    Last edited by Genet; 03-01-2015 at 09:22 PM.

Spyder Garage

Default ...not anymore

i am told that demo model with the movable piece is no longer in use at dealer showrooms--somehow too expensive to maintain one unit that i guess cant be sold as news or something--awful--im in a stock standard set up f3 and feel the extra few inches a short reach bar would give me would be better for me but i cant test the hypothesis because BRP cheaped out...wth?

Quote Originally Posted by vondalyn View Post